24-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-01-2017 / 14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Study permit 1st Refused / 2nd Refused
I will be applying in Feb.2017 going to Aplus inst. in Toronto
Visa office : Cairo, Egypt (North Africa)

manuelmems

Nov 4, 2016
yildiz said:
I will be applying in Feb.2017 going to Aplus inst. in Toronto
Visa office : Cairo, Egypt (North Africa)
i have got an offer letter ftom Conestoga college for May intake, I'm now gathering my required documents to apply for the study permit. But I do not know if it is advisable to pay the $1500CAD tuition deposit before applying or not.
Would it increase my chances of getting visa if I pay the tuition deposit before applying?

yildiz

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Alexandria
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2017 / 13-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-01-2017 / 15-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-01-2017 / 14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
manuelmems said:
i have got an offer letter ftom Conestoga college for May intake, I'm now gathering my required documents to apply for the study permit. But I do not know if it is advisable to pay the $1500CAD tuition deposit before applying or not.
Would it increase my chances of getting visa if I pay the tuition deposit before applying?

Offer of admission or acceptance letter?

Offer of admission is not considered as a document when you are applying in CIC
you need to pay the deposit ($1500) in order to get your acceptance letter

Regarding your question ..paying the tuition fees show how serious you are about studying in Canada but nothing can guarantee your study permit
My advice to you just gather all the documents needed in the link below and make sure you have strong ties
http:// www. cic.gc. ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5815E.pdf (no space)

manuelmems

Nov 4, 2016
yildiz said:
Offer of admission or acceptance letter?

Offer of admission is not considered as a document when you are applying in CIC
you need to pay the deposit ($1500) in order to get your acceptance letter

Regarding your question ..paying the tuition fees show how serious you are about studying in Canada but nothing can guarantee your study permit
My advice to you just gather all the documents needed in the link below and make sure you have strong ties
http:// www. cic.gc. ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5815E.pdf (no space)
"CONESTOGA COLLEGE LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE"
This is what is written on the letter.
and it was not stated anywhere in the letter that I should pay the $1500CAD tuition deposit to get acceptance or offer letter or any sort of letter from them again.
it was only stated that I should pay the $1500Cad tuition deposit to register for the program and reserve a seat for me before a deadline.

regarding the ties.....I have two siblings(both boys) one is 21 and the youngest is 18 both in college(2nd year in college and 1st year in college respectively. and my mother who is 52years, my father(deceased).
they're all in my home country.
is this considered a strong tie?

yildiz

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Alexandria
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2017 / 13-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-01-2017 / 15-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-01-2017 / 14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
manuelmems said:
"CONESTOGA COLLEGE LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE"
This is what is written on the letter.
and it was not stated anywhere in the letter that I should pay the $1500CAD tuition deposit to get acceptance or offer letter or any sort of letter from them again.
it was only stated that I should pay the $1500Cad tuition deposit to register for the program and reserve a seat for me before a deadline.

regarding the ties.....I have two siblings(both boys) one is 21 and the youngest is 18 both in college(2nd year in college and 1st year in college respectively. and my mother who is 52years, my father(deceased).
they're all in my home country.
is this considered a strong tie?

-Regarding payment then you have to pay to secure a seat otherwise, someone else can take your place.
-Sorry to hear that about your father may he R.I.P.
-Finally, let's see it from the visa officer prospective. You have two other brothers, who can take care of your mother and you are going to study where you can actually have nothing to return for...You need to make a stronger profile by adding properties , rental mortgage , specially your belongings ...

My opinion is based on what I read in this forum and I'd advise you to take your time before you apply and ask as many as you can. Put in mind that you can do it from the first time.

All the best .

djtautha

Jun 19, 2014
Yes I am applying from South African office in Pretoria. I am from Malawi but I am based in the UK right now. See my post below:

Hello there

I applied in July 2016 for a student visa and was requested for medicals in August and passed and submitted them in time and in November received refusal giving the reason of insufficient funds. The tuition fees and boarding and meals were coming to CAN$17800 and I had paid CAN$11800 and agreed with the University to bring the balance when going for the Jan 2017. I submitted my parents bank statements and proof of truck and trailer registration documents showing that my parents run a successful transport business and that's where the money comes from but they still refused.

When I received the refusal, I got my parents statements showing that money goes in and out from the transport business in addition to that I got my aunt's bank statement where there is more than enough money and my aunt wrote a supporting letter that she will support me financially if need be and she is an RN in the UK where I am based right now making good money and the statement showed a very good amount of money more than all they needed at the University in her account. Then I reapplied on a Saturday evening on 19th November with all these supporting documents and by 24th November I received another refusal stating the following reasons:

Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation, I am not satisfied that
you:

i) have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees
for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue
ii) have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself
and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of stud.
iii) have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the costs of
transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:

i) travel history
ii) purpose of visit

I am intending to reapply again because I am just 18 years old and I am going for my first degree. In addition to that, I don't need IELTS as all my high school I have done in the UK although I am from Africa. The visa office I applied is that of Pretoria in South Africa. Please assist what can be the best way of reapplying.

Should my parents pay the balance of the tuition fees before I apply again or what? Please assist.

manuelmems

Nov 4, 2016
djtautha said:
Yes I am applying from South African office in Pretoria. I am from Malawi but I am based in the UK right now. See my post below:

Hello there

I applied in July 2016 for a student visa and was requested for medicals in August and passed and submitted them in time and in November received refusal giving the reason of insufficient funds. The tuition fees and boarding and meals were coming to CAN$17800 and I had paid CAN$11800 and agreed with the University to bring the balance when going for the Jan 2017. I submitted my parents bank statements and proof of truck and trailer registration documents showing that my parents run a successful transport business and that's where the money comes from but they still refused.

When I received the refusal, I got my parents statements showing that money goes in and out from the transport business in addition to that I got my aunt's bank statement where there is more than enough money and my aunt wrote a supporting letter that she will support me financially if need be and she is an RN in the UK where I am based right now making good money and the statement showed a very good amount of money more than all they needed at the University in her account. Then I reapplied on a Saturday evening on 19th November with all these supporting documents and by 24th November I received another refusal stating the following reasons:

Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation, I am not satisfied that
you:

i) have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees
for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue
ii) have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself
and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of stud.
iii) have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the costs of
transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:

i) travel history
ii) purpose of visit

I am intending to reapply again because I am just 18 years old and I am going for my first degree. In addition to that, I don't need IELTS as all my high school I have done in the UK although I am from Africa. The visa office I applied is that of Pretoria in South Africa. Please assist what can be the best way of reapplying.

Should my parents pay the balance of the tuition fees before I apply again or what? Please assist.
very sorry for the twice denial.
but I would like to know the number of relatives that would be going with you to Canada for your study period.

looks like the main problem for refusal is how to finance yourself in addition to the relatives that will be going with you.

I'll advice that, if you can file for yours only, do so. And maybe 1 year after you've settled in canada, your relatives can join you.

besides, I can see there are lots of bank statements(that of your parents and your auntie who is in the UK). I'm not sure the visa officer is convinced enough because based on the bank statement of your parents, the funds would not be enough unless your auntie comes in.

Another thing is your travel history.....your auntie is living legally in the UK and your parents(mum and dad) are in your home country. There's no strong ties to your home country because your parents are somewhat wealthy and can live fine all by themselves even if you do not return. Your auntie is also living outside your home country so there are better chances that you may not return after your studies.

You need a very strong SOP to convince VO beyond every reasonable doubt that you'll return after your studies and show strong ties to your home country.

if anything at all, don't hesitate to share it.....there are lots of people around who can help you.

all the best bro.

If you are a Christian, I'll advice your stick to prayers, because at a personal level, I believe sometimes that you need the favour of God in such things like this, even though some people do not believe in things like that, but I really do

djtautha

Jun 19, 2014
Manuelmems

Thanks for your response. I am not even bringing anyone with me to university. I am going on my own and I wondered why they are thinking that I will need money to pay for transport for myself and any relatives I might be bringing in to Canada. I am 18 and I don't need to take anyone at all.

Secondly, if I finish paying the tuition fees, room and board that includes accommodation and food and I pay that in full, what will they be looking for as I will have paid for the whole year for my studies, accommodation and food? Please assist.

As about the purpose of visit, what else can I put on my SOP as I am literally going there for education which is paramount in any one's life?

manuelmems

Nov 4, 2016
djtautha said:
Manuelmems

Thanks for your response. I am not even bringing anyone with me to university. I am going on my own and I wondered why they are thinking that I will need money to pay for transport for myself and any relatives I might be bringing in to Canada. I am 18 and I don't need to take anyone at all.

Secondly, if I finish paying the tuition fees, room and board that includes accommodation and food and I pay that in full, what will they be looking for as I will have paid for the whole year for my studies, accommodation and food? Please assist.

As about the purpose of visit, what else can I put on my SOP as I am literally going there for education which is paramount in any one's life?

First, you have to clear anything that would create a doubt in the VO's head because based on his reasons for refusing you, he clearly made mention of "anyone travelling with you to Canada" which according to you, is not so.

Secondly, it would be very reasonable to convince him that you are financially sound by paying you fees in full for one academic year and still have enough funds in your bank statement that shows that you can pay the fees for the years ahead. But yo pay for rent and other expenses that are included when you've no received visa yet could be dangerous.
Because when you pay for rent, I doubt it'll be refunded if you are refused the visa.

You can as well risk it(if you think it is worth it) and buy a ticket and a return flight ticket to show him that you'll definitely return to your country to visit relatives after every academic year. If any of your parents has any sort of medical condition, include it in your SOP and prove it with Doctor's report.

But in all, your case is a very critical one, because you're not even in your home country at the moment(a gesture that tells the VO that you may not return to your home country after your intended study, because you are away from your parents and that seem not to be a worry for you or your parents)

But I can still assure that, with God everything is possible.

you can choose to contact me by whatsapp here +233241715455

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hi, I'm based in Ethiopia while the visa office is in Nairobi, Kenya. I got accepted to UBC and applied for Jan 2017. My details are on the left side under my name

Jum

Dec 1, 2016
I'm from Nigeria..applied since the 8th of August for jan 2016,it is being processed In Ghana,haven't done medical examinations yet.