Anyone applying for Concordia or Dalhousie university for fall 2017

Tanya1617

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Hi, my profile:
10th-86%
12-85%
Btech in IT-75%
Working in Tcs for bank of America project for more than 2.8 years.
What are my chances of admission for master of applied Computer science programme.
Also, is there any benefit of applying early. As I have already applied in November 2016

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
I applied for Concordia (Montreal) as well this month (November). Not sure if there is any benefit to applying early, I didn't see any early decision deadline or anything. We may not hear a decision until next spring.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Not sure about my percentiles, I've been out of university for 2 years now. I have both a bachelors and masters (both Business Admin), and have been working in Management in the telecommunications industry for a couple different companies for the past 7 years. I'd like to study French, since the ultimate goal is either in or near Quebec. I'm also looking at uOttawa, I'm guessing you're coming from the US since you're working at BofA? I'm also currently looking to enter through PNP or FSW1 programs. Whatever comes first!

hatice

Jul 5, 2014
pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied to Dalhousie in October for fall 17, So U guys are not early :p ,Its been 45 days in my case and no decision yet,
Dal have clearly said that early applications get priority consideration and I think I have read same for concordia.
Tanya Ur profile seems good to get in both schools,

macIndia

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
L-7.5, R- 7, S-7,W-7
Tanya1617 said:
Hi, my profile:
10th-86%
12-85%
Btech in IT-75%
Working in Tcs for bank of America project for more than 2.8 years.
What are my chances of admission for master of applied Computer science programme.
Also, is there any benefit of applying early. As I have already applied in November 2016
If you wish to get your offer acceptance faster, there are some consultants who conduct seminars for students intake and offer acceptance at the same time. Trying reaching out to consultants in your areas and see if there are any upcoming fairs. Generally, many of the universities represent there in these kind of seminars.

hatice

Jul 5, 2014
pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tanya... I have applied for master of environmental science Its a research-based program, I don't have any plans to apply to other universities just yet, But I am considering Guelph, Uni of western Ontario, Concordia or Brock maybe. My first preference is Dalhousie although,I am waiting for their decision.

hatice

Jul 5, 2014
pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case, It been 2 months today since I have applied for admission , ANd still i hv'nt heard anything from dalhousie, no decision . they take 2-3 months

Tanya1617

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
hatice or anyone applied for Concordia? Have u couriered your letter of recommendation?
I have uploaded all my docs including LOR and my status shows that "my application is being accessed and they will notify me once decision is made".
Also they mailed be saying that my application would stay incomplete till the time I courier them my LOR's. any idea is there a deadline for reaching the courier to them?

hatice

Jul 5, 2014
pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, Dal starts considering ur application when everything is complete, I don't think there is deadline but you should courier ur docs as soon as possible, I had sent all my document, LOR, Transcripts, IELTS everything, I submitted online application on 15th october, Paid application fee on 20th oct and my docs were reached 27th Oct to department.
I'll apply to Concordia in mid-January if God forbid Dal don't respond until that time because 31st is usually last date in most schools. Concordia's admission process is pretty much same as the Dal. Look for other people in forum if any1 else have applied.