+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied the Canada Work Permit recently in NY Consulate

khdaswani

Dec 10, 2012
Augustos said:
still waiting. seems like all new york applicants are still waiting. what happened to new york ey
Hi,

I am new to this group. My WP application was sent to the NY Consulate on Oct 4th. I am still waiting to hear from them. It was filed in the Inter Company transfer category.

Wondering if anyone (whose application was filed around the same time) has received their WP. Look forward to your responses.

Thanks,
KHDaswani

Augustos

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Hi guys,

I emailed NY office asking updates for my wp application and below is their reply.

"Dear Sir / Madam,

Your application for a Canadian Work Permit has been finalized. Your passport and documents were sent to you on Dec. 27 by regular mail.

We ask that you wait for the mail to arrive before requesting any further information.

For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Thank you for your interest in Canada."

is this a positive result?

Thanks

khdaswani

Dec 10, 2012
I received my WP on Dec 12. It was couriered to my law firm using the pre-paid fedex package and they sent it over the next day. I am now in Canada :)

samadmin

Jan 2, 2013
HI i am from India and i want to work in Canada or US I have done My IT Certification Like MCSE,CCNA, and i have a experience any buddy help me ho can work there

Augustos

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Augustos said:
Hi guys,

I emailed NY office asking updates for my wp application and below is their reply.

"Dear Sir / Madam,

Your application for a Canadian Work Permit has been finalized. Your passport and documents were sent to you on Dec. 27 by regular mail.

We ask that you wait for the mail to arrive before requesting any further information.

For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Thank you for your interest in Canada."

is this a positive result?

Thanks

wooohooooo my consultant received my passport with visa but i need to cross boarder to validate my working permit. Thank you so much Dear GOD.

ainex_francois

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Taif, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

So it means if you have a work permit already in your passport, it is already positive when you go and cross the border? Or there is a chance the border security guys will turn it down? I am on tourist visa and got a nurse job and is waiting for a work permit then cross the border. I don't have a US visa. I'm from Asia. Answer please!

Augustos

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
its a visa stamped in the passport. not a work permit. cic new york send me a piece of paper that i need
to show to the boarder officer and will validate the permit. officer asked me a lot of questions before printing
my work permit. in your case, you can cross the border even if you dont have a u.s of A visa(i dont have u.s visa either).the officer in the order will assist you where you will park and where to go.

Augustos

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Montana. application received by ny office sep24 2012. visa granted jan5 2013(121 days?).

roam

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samadmin said:
HI i am from India and i want to work in Canada or US I have done My IT Certification Like MCSE,CCNA, and i have a experience any buddy help me ho can work there
@Samadmin...if you want to work in Canada or USA you have to get the work permit, its a tough process to get the work permit as the company have to face challenges to get it for you so everyone come either as immigrants or to study and then convert into work visa and regarding your certifications now a days 8 in 10 have it.

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
HI,
I got a positive LMO and my future canadian employer wants me to apply for WP in NY office.
I am in USA on WORKPERMIT and very much worried for submitting original passports with application.

can anyone guide me please ? Is it must to submit original passports with application ? :( :'(
Is there any other way I can do ?