+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied in Dalhousie University for Sep 2014 intake. Need Help!!

Ramandeep

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh: online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2014
IELTS Request
7 bands - Submitted with application
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-7-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-7-2014
LANDED..........
Aug-2014
Serendipity14 said:
Applied for Master of Electronic Commerce on 27th December, 2013 and documents were received (reflected on their tracking system) on 10th Feb, 2014. What about you? Did you apply to any other University?
Ya bro. I am having acceptance letter from Concordia.
Shall I go with it or wait for Dalhousie?

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Ramandeep said:
Ya bro. I am having acceptance letter from Concordia.
Shall I go with it or wait for Dalhousie?
Same here! I too have offer of admission from Concordia. Though I prefer it over Dalhousie but there's no harm in having multiple options :)

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
gdange87 said:
Hey Parul ,

I have also applied for the internetworking course @ Dal... No updates regarding the admits yet ...

Can u share ur profile as well as ne other colleges where u have applied ??

Cheerios
G

My profile :

10th : 91.4%
12th : 85%
Btech (Electronics and Communication) : 78% (2012)
Since then working in IT domain with an MNC (HCL Tech) as a software engineer. I have 20 Months experience as of right now

IELTS : 7.5 ( each individual greater than 6.5)

'No Backlogs, No education gaps

I am applying to MISSM course for this sept intake 2014 from Concordia Univeristy College of alberta.
My main purporse is PR, and hence thats why I am targetting alberta

No other univ I applied

gdange87

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Pune
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
21-07-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
Up front
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2014
LANDED..........
Coming this September
Pretty good stuff @Parul

I also had applied at UoA for the Internetworking programme. However was rejected in the pre-screening :|
Though I am interested in PR , education is equally important for me as I have over 4 years of exp and will be 5 if i join in Sept. So no point in taking up a course just for PR in my case.
Anyways u seem to have a great profile ...

ATB.

G

Ramandeep

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-7-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-7-2014
LANDED..........
Aug-2014
Serendipity14 said:
Same here! I too have offer of admission from Concordia. Though I prefer it over Dalhousie but there's no harm in having multiple options :)
Great!! :) Any reason for preferring Concordia over Dalhousie? I am really confused.

b.arvind87

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
hello guys,

i had applied for inter networking and speaking of experience from that dept, it typically takes 3 weeks for an app to move to recommendation once all the docs are received and there on another 3 weeks for faculty of graduate studies to give approval and receive acceptance letter... like for they received all docs on jan 16 and got acceptance letter on mar 17.

Ramandeep

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-7-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-7-2014
LANDED..........
Aug-2014
b.arvind87 said:
hello guys,

i had applied for inter networking and speaking of experience from that dept, it typically takes 3 weeks for an app to move to recommendation once all the docs are received and there on another 3 weeks for faculty of graduate studies to give approval and receive acceptance letter... like for they received all docs on jan 16 and got acceptance letter on mar 17.
Thanks for sharing ur experience.
In my case they didn't even updated my portal after receiving my documents. When I dropped mail to them, they told that my completed application is with evaluation committee. It will take 3-5 weeks.
Now 6th week is going on. Still no response.

allie1988

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I got an email back.

I emailed directly to my program, and I believe it was forwarded back to admissions.

The person let me know they mailed a letter to me asking what I've been up to since graduating my technical college back in 2008. If I've been working or attending another school, etc.

I'm not sure why I haven't gotten any actual letters in the mail (Maybe it takes awhile to send from Canada to where I live, but truly it shouldn't since I'm in the USA).

Anyway, my status was set to "Decision: Written Notification to Follow" on April 10th after they finally received my technical college transcript. Here's hoping there's more news in the future.

To anyone waiting for long periods of time with no news, try emailing the department for the program you are applying to. Say you haven't received any mail (snail mail) and would like to inquire about the application progress. Maybe you aren't getting any letters, too and maybe there's someone that will help you via e-mail.

allie1988

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another small update:

Received mail inquiring about missing technical college transcript (Dated April 2nd, sent April 3rd), which means it took 11 days or so to get to me in the southeast United States. That means it'll probably take the same duration for me to get the letter inquiring about the gap between studies... I guess it's true why they call it "Snail Mail" but I just kind of thought being that the US borders Canada and that both locations are on the eastern side of the continent, that it wouldn't take 11 days. lol

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
gdange87 said:
Pretty good stuff @ Parul

I also had applied at UoA for the Internetworking programme. However was rejected in the pre-screening :|
Though I am interested in PR , education is equally important for me as I have over 4 years of exp and will be 5 if i join in Sept. So no point in taking up a course just for PR in my case.
Anyways u seem to have a great profile ...

ATB.

G
Hey, I think u misunderstood my instituion bro. I have applied to Concordia University colg of alberta, which is a low ranked insitition, Some say its pvt insti as well, but offer letter says it puyblic, and it has been listed in list of recognised insti in alberta, and Canada govt site

I am going for a course Information security, and I have 20 months work ex in IT domain.

The course is itself offerd in just 2 universitities :
Concordia, Quebec
Concordia University collg of alberta, alberta

I am an indian student, and for me PR is more important, hence prefering a low ranked institute. No other choice

any suggestions are most welcome.

Whats ur profile by the way?

gdange87

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Pune
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
21-07-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
Up front
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2014
LANDED..........
Coming this September
@PArul

SSC : 80%
Diploma ECE : 75%
BE : 62%
CCNA and CCNP switch certified
Work Exp : Over 4 years as of today in Internetworking domain out of which i spent 40 months working for a Canadian ISP client.

Cheerios
G

allie1988

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After inquiring about my application through email several times, they finally told me they have everything they need and will make a decision within the week.

Today, I logged into the Dal Portal to see the wonderful words "Decision Made: Accepted - Deposit Requested"!

:)

I applied on March 6th, but it took several weeks for them to receive my transcripts (mail delays), and they requested information about the gap in studies. After all that was submitted, it really only took about 11 days for them to give me an answer.

When in doubt with Dalhousie, try calling or emailing (though email can take a week or so), it will be much faster than waiting on snail mail. I live in the United States and it's taken 11 days (or more) to just get a letter telling me there was a transcript missing. It'll make the process go faster if you call and ask if they need anything else.

gdange87

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Pune
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
21-07-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
Up front
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2014
LANDED..........
Coming this September
Congrats Allie ... Hope to see u arnd @ Dal.

PS : My decision is still pending

Cheerios
G

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
allie1988 said:
After inquiring about my application through email several times, they finally told me they have everything they need and will make a decision within the week.

Today, I logged into the Dal Portal to see the wonderful words "Decision Made: Accepted - Deposit Requested"!

:)

I applied on March 6th, but it took several weeks for them to receive my transcripts (mail delays), and they requested information about the gap in studies. After all that was submitted, it really only took about 11 days for them to give me an answer.

When in doubt with Dalhousie, try calling or emailing (though email can take a week or so), it will be much faster than waiting on snail mail. I live in the United States and it's taken 11 days (or more) to just get a letter telling me there was a transcript missing. It'll make the process go faster if you call and ask if they need anything else.
Congratulations...!!!