+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied for travel document, while waiting for PR card, need help

Mona1990

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
I landed on 21st may at su sault marie bridge. I called cic last week and lady told me she can't find any update on my PR card and she has sent an email to concerning dep. it could rake around 3 month to get a response. I hav my wedding in nov and i hav booked my flight for oct. So i sent email for urgent processing of my PR card. I get a response like

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

New Permanent Resident – No Possibility of Urgent Processing

This message is to inform you that we have received your request asking us to process your Permanent Resident Card (PR card) urgently, but that there is no urgent procedure for new permanent residents. Please contact our Call Centre at 1 888 242-2100 (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., local time) to obtain the current status of your PR card.

If the card is not ready before your departure, you will have apply for a Travel document (permanent resident abroad) at a Canadian visa office located outside Canada before returning to the country. The application is available on our Web site. You can fill out the application on-line and print it or fill it out by hand. The travel document is normally valid for one entry.

Please note that a PR card or travel document is required for all permanent residents returning to Canada on a commercial vehicle (plane, train, boat or bus).
My question is how long it take to get travel document. If someone has applied please response. Thank you

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Mona1990 said:
I landed on 21st may at su sault marie bridge. I called cic last week and lady told me she can't find any update on my PR card and she has sent an email to concerning dep. it could rake around 3 month to get a response. I hav my wedding in nov and i hav booked my flight for oct. So i sent email for urgent processing of my PR card. I get a response like

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

This message is to inform you that we have received your request asking us to process your Permanent Resident Card (PR card) urgently, but that there is no urgent procedure for new permanent residents. Please contact our Call Centre at 1 888 242-2100 (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., local time) to obtain the current status of your PR card.

If the card is not ready before your departure, you will have apply for a Travel document (permanent resident abroad) at a Canadian visa office located outside Canada before returning to the country. The application is available on our Web site. You can fill out the application on-line and print it or fill it out by hand. The travel document is normally valid for one entry.

Please note that a PR card or travel document is required for all permanent residents returning to Canada on a commercial vehicle (plane, train, boat or bus).
My question is how long it take to get travel document. If someone has applied please response. Thank you
So what's your question? :)

T.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Read here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fyi-travel-wo-pr-card-only-for-citizens-from-visa-exempt-countries-t232095.0.html
if you're from a visa exempt country.

T/

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
Mona1990 said:

It depends on the location where you will be applying for your travel document, if you are from a non exempt country. For e.g., with a google search, Sri Lanka office gives the document within 1 week if applied in person. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/sri_lanka/visas/processing-traitement.aspx

Mona1990

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
I am from India and am going to India. I would b applying from india. The question is how long it take to get the travel document ?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Mona1990 said:
I am from India and am going to India. I would b applying from india. The question is how long it take to get the travel document ?
Here's the application package:
>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/applications/guides/5529ETOC.asp

Here's the link to the processing office in India;
>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp

If no one responds with current processing times, email them and ask. Or check the CIC website and see if you find processing times.

[[ TRVs in india are being issued in 9 days right now >> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp#asia ]]

T.

PM1983

Aug 22, 2014
Hello. Any updates on this forum? How long does it take to get the travel document when you apply in New Delhi?