+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied for student visa from USA

izzycat

Jul 8, 2015
I applied for my visa on July 7th 2015 and it was approved July 10th 2015. Very quick.

I am an unmarried American citizen with no criminal record or anything to report to them, so I assume that's why it went so quickly. I didn't do anything special, just filled out my paperwork, uploaded the files and then it was approved :)

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Thank you @izzycat for your reply.

I am Indian citizen living lawfully in USA for the last 7 years with good education and work history and crime free record. I did applied for student visa on July 4th and still waiting for a response.

fahmede

Jul 23, 2015
Hi, I am an Indian citizen who's been in the US for 2 years now on a J1 visa. I applied for a Study Permit as well on July 2.

Still waiting for a response. The tricky thing is that my J1 visa is set to expire on July 31st. Luckily there is a one month grace period for which I might stay on in the US till the end of August. Right now I'm worried they'll ask for my passport in the middle of August, then not return it in time for me to either go to Canada, or leave US soil by the end-date of my legal stay here. :(

Do you know how long this process usually takes? Shouldn't be longer than 5 weeks, right (since it looks like LA office processes Study Permit applications).

@izzycat, US citizens can just get a Study Permit at the border, no? You didn't even need to apply here. :p

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hi Fahmede,

Yes it says that it takes just 5 weeks (assuming its within 5 weeks).
Its almost 3 weeks for me and no updates except initial application submission email.

I will keep you updated if I get any updates.

fahmede

Jul 23, 2015
Oh congratulations! That's great. I can hope now as well, since we applied at roughly the same time.

Can I ask what's the date your program starts? I'm wondering if they prioritize according to the start-date (mine is 1st September).

fahmede

Jul 23, 2015
Hi, I have another question: did you submit any documents regarding your current occupation and status in the US? For example, I am on a J1 Research Scholar visa, should I have also provided a copy of my DS-2019? Really worried about this now.

tarunraju

Jun 27, 2015
Hi Jaggi / fahmede..

Congrats jaggi...good to know that you got your approval in 3 weeks time.

Hi fahmede... did you got any response yet ? Hope you have got a positive response from them.

I have applied for the same last week and waiting on a reply from there side.

fahmede

Jul 23, 2015
Hi Tarun, no, haven't heard back from them yet. Still waiting. I'm especially nervous because I submitted 2 days before Kjaggikaur. :(

venkat3545

May 6, 2013
Hi,, anyone out there applied for canada study permit from usa, Need guidence please,
Profile:
MS in CS in Governors state university,IL- dec'2015
GPA 4.0/4.0
Ielts 6.0(6.6.6.6)

What are the chances to get admit for second masters in Canada?
What are the decent universities in the visa point of view?

Appriciate if someone responds,
Thanks in advance.