+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone’s parents travelled to canada on Visitors Visa recently?

Anita6336

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Hi i want to bring my parents here who already have their visitors visa. But air india says that they should confirm with indian embassy or airport authority in india to know if they can board the flight. Please help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you are a citizen, they should be allowed to board. Make sure they have their 3 day hotel quarantine pre-paid and in the ArriveCan app.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi i want to bring my parents here who already have their visitors visa. But air india says that they should confirm with indian embassy or airport authority in india to know if they can board the flight. Please help.
Agree they qualify to visit.

saqi4you

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
I heard some people they refused to 3 day quarantine in hotel and authorities fine 880$ is this true ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I heard some people they refused to 3 day quarantine in hotel and authorities fine 880$ is this true ?
Yes although not sure if that is the exact fine amount but it is arond that price. You can also receive another larger fine once your case is reviewed by public health.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi, could your parents successfully board the flight? Why is Air India asking for confirmation from Indian embassy and such? My parents have a visitor visa and plan to travel by Air India this month, and I am a PR here in Canada. I heard from someone else also that Air India doesn't make it easy to board a flight from Delhi particularly.

virani123

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Travelling with children or dependents who are not fully vaccinated
Children under the age of 18, or dependent adults, who are not fully vaccinated, but who are accompanied by fully vaccinated travellers:

• must quarantine for 14 days
  • must follow all testing requirements (unless under the age of 5)
  • are not required to stay at a government-authorized hotel

Does anyone aware of the above statement? I am planning to bring my father with me i.e he will be travelling with my and landing in Canada.
According to above statement if i am fully vaccinated , i can take them to my place for quarantine ? Please if anyone can guide me regarding this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Travelling with children or dependents who are not fully vaccinated
Children under the age of 18, or dependent adults, who are not fully vaccinated, but who are accompanied by fully vaccinated travellers:

• must quarantine for 14 days
  • must follow all testing requirements (unless under the age of 5)
  • are not required to stay at a government-authorized hotel

Does anyone aware of the above statement? I am planning to bring my father with me i.e he will be travelling with my and landing in Canada.
According to above statement if i am fully vaccinated , i can take them to my place for quarantine ? Please if anyone can guide me regarding this.
No your father is not your dependent adult. Dependent adult is for adults who have medical or developmental issues where they are dependent on a full-time caregiver. If unvaccinated your father will need to go into hotel quarantine and the go into quarantine in your home if you have somewhere like a basement where he can quarantine without contact with the non-travellers for the rest of the 14 days or somewhere else if you don’t have an area with a bathroom where he can remain in quarantine. You can pick him up from quarantine if you both wear masks, he sits in.the back across from you and keep the windows open for ventilation.