+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anybody used university diploma as language proof?

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
jujuberanch said:
to guys who just applied,

did you use university/high school diploma as language proof?
I have. Sent them (uncertified) photocopies of my two undergrad diplomas, masters diploma as well as the uni transcripts. All came from Canadian universities. Seems like they have been accepted because my application shows up as 'In process' on the ecas.
I wrote a small cover letter explaining what I was doing, but I suppose it is self-evident.
From what I understand, as long as you have received a diploma for a degree at a university in an English-speaking country and as long as that degree took a year to complete, you are OK.

PR42LONG

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent a copy of my certified copies.

I came from an English Speaking country, English is my only language and I have been a PR since I was a kid in Canada. They better accept my proof

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Do I need to send certified copies? I went to school in the US

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
it says "Format: Clear and legible photocopy. Must be in English or French. No translations accepted." on their website

txboyscout said:
Do I need to send certified copies? I went to school in the US

winnipegger

Aug 31, 2013
I've used my degree as my proof and my application is currently in process but i did get that generic Notice of English slip with the book that states that they will test my skills during test taking and verifying the records etc.