+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody Received RQ and got Oath?

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From my personal experience, the biggest factor that determines whether you'll get an RQ or not is your racial/ethnic/national/religious background. It also depends on the CO, whether he/she is a Trumpist or not. Of course there is some effect of your personal circumstances (travel, employment, physical residency, etc.) but it's much weaker.

Since an RQ is just a way to put the "unwanted" applicants (from the CO personal/ideological perspective) on-hold, these are the same factors that determines how long it takes to process your application upon getting an RQ. Of course no one will admit this fact and they will tell you it's an "objective", "neutral" and "professional" process, just as they tell certain travelers that they are picked "randomly" in airports. But we all know how things really work.

Francodel

Dec 21, 2015
asaif said:
From my personal experience, the biggest factor that determines whether you'll get an RQ or not is your racial/ethnic/national/religious background. It also depends on the CO, whether he/she is a Trumpist or not. Of course there is some effect of your personal circumstances (travel, employment, physical residency, etc.) but it's much weaker.

Since an RQ is just a way to put the "unwanted" applicants (from the CO personal/ideological perspective) on-hold, these are the same factors that determines how long it takes to process your application upon getting an RQ. Of course no one will admit this fact and they will tell you it's an "objective", "neutral" and "professional" process, just as they tell certain travelers that they are picked "randomly" in airports. But we all know how things really work.

You are 100% correct...your race and the CO personal/ideology determines your faith. The same thing happened to me. I was the only kind of my race this faithful day and time slot for test and this CO went after my file ,called me before others waiting before me and you could tell that my faith was decided before I sat down for "interview". I was not even interviewed,I was berated and treated like I want to steal the citizenship. A month later I get CIT052. These folks are like gods they do what they want to who they want...if the CO doesnt like your face you are screwed...simple n short. She can put your file in the drawer for 3years and no one will question her.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Francodel said:
You are 100% correct...your race and the CO personal/ideology determines your faith. The same thing happened to me. I was the only kind of my race this faithful day and time slot for test and this CO went after my file ,called me before others waiting before me and you could tell that my faith was decided before I sat down for "interview". I was not even interviewed,I was berated and treated like I want to steal the citizenship. A month later I get CIT052. These folks are like gods they do what they want to who they want...if the CO doesnt like your face you are screwed...simple n short. She can put your file in the drawer for 3years and no one will question her.
BITTER TRUTH... BUT IT DOES EXIST

stone8198

May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would continue by saying the same thing that went for my interview. The moment i was called to the interview booth, the CO didnt even look at me or greeted me. She was looking down on the papers for atleast good 5-8 minutes, before she looked up and said hi. Her attitude was exactly like really? why do u want the citizenship with this application.

As per the OP manual, the first thing CO must do is to inform the candidate about pass or fail. or may be the grade. But in my case, she went straight to asking questions, how, why, when. Just before i was about to leave with RQ in hand, i asked her did i pass the test, she said oh yea. 19/20.

I had to leave for medical emergency rightway. So i told her i might not be able to submit the RQ in time. she said write a letter to me and i will see what i can do for u. I mentioned twice its a medical emergency, but she kept saying you have 45days to submit. I left by saying to her, this isnt really important whats important is the emergency. so i will see what i can do. i somehow gathered documents in one night and sent all of them, with a letter stating that this is all what i have. if i am requested any more evidence I CANNOT, BECAUSE THIS IS ALL THERE IS. IF THIS ISN'T ENOUGH I WOULDNT WANT TO PURSUE THE APPLICATION ANYMORE.

THEN ORDERED ATIP GOT TO KNOW THAT MY FILE HAS BEEN LINED UP FOR HEARING. NOW DON'T KNOW IF HEARING IS WITH A JUDGE OR AN OFFICER.

Francodel said:

CANADAPATRIOT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Francodel said:
That's why it is very important to treat interview with CO after test and any other Citizenship Judge interview like a job interview. Likeability will get not you hired at Tim Horton either so let alone smooth Citizenship processing.

CANADAPATRIOT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Obviously race, appearance and attitude matters but what also matters is where you work. One of my friend was working for Provincial Government as a Permanent Resident and when he was called for interview after test, he had his Provincial Government ID hanging in his neck that ID and appearance of Government Employee instantly turned CO into a friendly Bus Driver who love to joke around or sort of flatter Passengers. This person never got any CIT or RQ even though he was travelling every year overseas and USA during Winter Vacations.

If you see CO making notes on your form during your interview right after Citizenship Test, be ready for CIT 520 and RQs!!

Another example is a Hong Kong native who was also appearing for Citizenship test when this friend of mine was. This Hong Kong native tried to act little too elite as this lady barely had any accent and this applicant was able to literally put CO into the shoes of a floor cleaner at the Airport. Funny thing was that Citizenship Official was some kind of Ethiopian/Somalian native and this CO was barely sounding Canadian and this Applicant sounded super North American. Perhaps CO felt little intimidated and this elite applicant got CIT 0520 AND RQ AND further request for more documents.

Don't get over defensive during interview when you are interviewed right after Citizenship Test and this interview is not just about verification of documents such as PR or COPR, IT THE MOST IMPORTANT TRIGGERING POINT ON WHETHER YOU WILL GET CIT 0520 and RQ OR NOT!!!

No matter how friendly, head shaking up and down, agreeing CO appears, if he/she is making notes on the back of your form or in his notebook, come home and start collecting documents for CIT 0520 and RQ!!

So the Notion that people who travel USA gets RQ or people who have lots of overseas trip gets RQ or people who come from Uncle Khalid type countries get RQ - is all wrong. Truth is it uncertain who the hell will be sitting behind glass window as a Citizenship Officer. There are things that you as an applicant can control and sort of manage such as being extremely friendly, not being defensive, not taking any question as an offense and just answering the question in concise manner.

One thing is also considerable is that try to avoid any document which was not requested in Test invitation. Some people have tendency to show themselves as how different, how elite, how North American version of immigrant they are! DO NOT DO THAT JUST LIKE THAT STUPID HONGKONG APPLICANT WHO WAS TRYING TO SHOW HER AMERICAN ACCENT TO CO, IF YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT, YOU ARE ALMOST SHOOTING IN YOUR FOOT! Another applicant of same type was working in USA before moving to Canada so this jerk brought all his USA degrees, USCIS approval letters and literally anything that had United States Government logo on them, it also made that CO little intimidated or felt small that he issued all possible RQs.

Only COPR, ID, Passport and letter of invitation to take test is requested, why the hell this clown brought his all American Prestigious Degrees, USCIS letters etc^ Obviosuly he intended to show off so that Somalian Canadian CO who literally looked like Night Shift Donut Sales Man at Tim Horton got pissed off and he issued RQs and CIT 520. So be normal and just try act like what will be expectation of a person from country of your birth^

All above examples teach one thing try to act like how a person would behave from your country of birth. Trying to sound American or British or someone else will not help here.

Infact there was another Pakistani Uncle Khalid type immigrant in late 50s who came in flip flop and pajamas and he literally acted before CO so humble, as if you go to a curry restraunt and servers would behave that he really satisfied the ego of Citizenship Officer that he got no CIT 520 or RQs.

What it demonstrates is when you go see CO, try to be super humble, thanksful in certain cases act sort of Bloody new comer. That newness will get you the favor you need.

I think the reason applicant try to show their sound communication skills by American accent or so cause they believe that quality of immigrant and evaluation of language skills by CO is part of their application and infact it is but it can hurt if your acquired eliteness is applied to a wrong person. There are people who appreciate a newcomer's attempt to sound Canadian/American and there are people who get upset if they see accent is not aligned with Country of Birth and Race so just make a sound judgement by observing CO's personality, tone and then apply appropriate technique out these two; bloody vs elite newcomer ready to join North American Society! :p :p :p

frankwhyte22

May 1, 2016
CANADAPATRIOT said:
Obviously race, appearance and attitude matters but what also matters is where you work. One of my friend was working for Provincial Government as a Permanent Resident and when he was called for interview after test, he had his Provincial Government ID hanging in his neck that ID and appearance of Government Employee instantly turned CO into a friendly Bus Driver who love to joke around or sort of flatter Passengers. This person never got any CIT or RQ even though he was travelling every year overseas and USA during Winter Vacations.

If you see CO making notes on your form during your interview right after Citizenship Test, be ready for CIT 520 and RQs!!

Another example is a Hong Kong native who was also appearing for Citizenship test when this friend of mine was. This Hong Kong native tried to act little too elite as this lady barely had any accent and this applicant was able to literally put CO into the shoes of a floor cleaner at the Airport. Funny thing was that Citizenship Official was some kind of Ethiopian/Somalian native and this CO was barely sounding Canadian and this Applicant sounded super North American. Perhaps CO felt little intimidated and this elite applicant got CIT 0520 AND RQ AND further request for more documents.

Don't get over defensive during interview when you are interviewed right after Citizenship Test and this interview is not just about verification of documents such as PR or COPR, IT THE MOST IMPORTANT TRIGGERING POINT ON WHETHER YOU WILL GET CIT 0520 and RQ OR NOT!!!

No matter how friendly, head shaking up and down, agreeing CO appears, if he/she is making notes on the back of your form or in his notebook, come home and start collecting documents for CIT 0520 and RQ!!

So the Notion that people who travel USA gets RQ or people who have lots of overseas trip gets RQ or people who come from Uncle Khalid type countries get RQ - is all wrong. Truth is it uncertain who the hell will be sitting behind glass window as a Citizenship Officer. There are things that you as an applicant can control and sort of manage such as being extremely friendly, not being defensive, not taking any question as an offense and just answering the question in concise manner.

One thing is also considerable is that try to avoid any document which was not requested in Test invitation. Some people have tendency to show themselves as how different, how elite, how North American version of immigrant they are! DO NOT DO THAT JUST LIKE THAT STUPID HONGKONG APPLICANT WHO WAS TRYING TO SHOW HER AMERICAN ACCENT TO CO, IF YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT, YOU ARE ALMOST SHOOTING IN YOUR FOOT! Another applicant of same type was working in USA before moving to Canada so this jerk brought all his USA degrees, USCIS approval letters and literally anything that had United States Government logo on them, it also made that CO little intimidated or felt small that he issued all possible RQs.

Only COPR, ID, Passport and letter of invitation to take test is requested, why the hell this clown brought his all American Prestigious Degrees, USCIS letters etc^ Obviosuly he intended to show off so that Somalian Canadian CO who literally looked like Night Shift Donut Sales Man at Tim Horton got pissed off and he issued RQs and CIT 520. So be normal and just try act like what will be expectation of a person from country of your birth^

All above examples teach one thing try to act like how a person would behave from your country of birth. Trying to sound American or British or someone else will not help here.

Infact there was another Pakistani Uncle Khalid type immigrant in late 50s who came in flip flop and pajamas and he literally acted before CO so humble, as if you go to a curry restraunt and servers would behave that he really satisfied the ego of Citizenship Officer that he got no CIT 520 or RQs.

What it demonstrates is when you go see CO, try to be super humble, thanksful in certain cases act sort of Bloody new comer. That newness will get you the favor you need.

I think the reason applicant try to show their sound communication skills by American accent or so cause they believe that quality of immigrant and evaluation of language skills by CO is part of their application and infact it is but it can hurt if your acquired eliteness is applied to a wrong person. There are people who appreciate a newcomer's attempt to sound Canadian/American and there are people who get upset if they see accent is not aligned with Country of Birth and Race so just make a sound judgement by observing CO's personality, tone and then apply appropriate technique out these two; bloody vs elite newcomer ready to join North American Society! :p :p :p
Trying to speak good english has nothing to do with how C O treats you. Everyone's experience is differentand speaking from mine experience; the CO ALREADY knew what she wanted to do when you sort my file and called me. I for one was not even interviewed...she wouldn't look at me during the interview ...didnt ask any questions related to the interview and only told me of my test result when I was standing about to walk away after the interview. You cant be acting like a fool aka friendly when the person interviewing you wouldn't even keep eye contact or let you answer any question...I work for the government agency as well and it didnt matter, no one goes to an interview with an attitude as it wouldnt help. I have also worked for the top5 banks...the true is didnt sh believe me. My CIT052 especially asked for my employment record and I laughed cos she thought I made it up

Your RACE determines your faith depending on the CO...some do not feel you are deserving of "their" citizenship even thought their parents migrated here at some point.

Icebergmoma

Jul 14, 2015
ecas updated today for the OATH !

Timeline:

1- Application received on june 10th 2015
2- In progress on august 20th 2015
3- Test done on december 1st 2015
4- RQ received during interview due to a shortage of 5 days in physical presence that I admitted during interview. I made an error in my application on one trip depature date.
5- RQ sent on december 29th 2015
6- DM in ecas on march 27th 2015
7- Ecas updated the may 20th for oath on June 2nd

;D

FutureCanadian

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Icebergmoma said:
ecas updated today for the OATH !

Timeline:

1- Application received on june 10th 2015
2- In progress on august 20th 2015
3- Test done on december 1st 2015
4- RQ received during interview due to a shortage of 5 days in physical presence that I admitted during interview. I made an error in my application on one trip depature date.
5- RQ sent on december 29th 2015
6- DM in ecas on march 27th 2015
7- Ecas updated the may 20th for oath on June 2nd

;D
Congrats!

Just a question in RQ response did you correct the error in date you made in the initial application ?

Thanks