+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody in-Canada and received ITA

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

I am in canada on a study permit and have found a job offer supported with LMIA but still on study permit and i still havent applied for a work permit. I got my invitation July 10 . Do you think because im still on a study permit that it will affect my application ??
anybody else in a similar position , or has applied from inside canada but has no canadian work experience?

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
h2omd said:
Hi all

I am in canada on a study permit and have found a job offer supported with LMIA but still on study permit and i still havent applied for a work permit. I got my invitation July 10 . Do you think because im still on a study permit that it will affect my application ??
anybody else in a similar position , or has applied from inside canada but has no canadian work experience?
I am not clear about your situation from the information provided, so don't want to presume or send out a negative response, but a quick look at your post I feel it's a conflicting scenario you described.

My understanding is that you are yet to complete your course and you do not have a PGOWP. However, because you got an offer supported with LMIA you want to start working. If you have a PGOWP then it would not affect your application, but yes without LMIA your score will be less.
If you do not qualify for a PGOWP, but want to take this offer up I feel you are contradicting your status in Canada. What would your status be? A full-time student or a worker ? But as i said I might not have understood your situation and question completely.

Thank you.

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
You need to complete one year of Work Exp before applying for EE even though You have job offer supported by LMIA...!!!

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shdhsjej said:
You need to complete one year of Work Exp before applying for EE even though You have job offer supported by LMIA...!!!
thanks for the reply

Do you mean one year work experience in canada or overall even foreign experience?. i have 5 year foreign work experience .

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h2omd said:
thanks for the reply

Do you mean one year work experience in canada or overall even foreign experience?. i have 5 year foreign work experience .
1 year work experience in Canada to qualify for CEC. You are already eligible for FSW which is why you got the ITA.

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SMCANADAVISA said:
I am not clear about your situation from the information provided, so don't want to presume or send out a negative response, but a quick look at your post I feel it's a conflicting scenario you described.

My understanding is that you are yet to complete your course and you do not have a PGOWP. However, because you got an offer supported with LMIA you want to start working. If you have a PGOWP then it would not affect your application, but yes without LMIA your score will be less.
If you do not qualify for a PGOWP, but want to take this offer up I feel you are contradicting your status in Canada. What would your status be? A full-time student or a worker ? But as i said I might not have understood your situation and question completely.

Thank you.
thank you for the reply

I arrived here in canada September 2014 on a study permit doing ESL .i have a bachelors degree from my home country .
my status (study permit)expires this november . Last May i got a job offer in my field of expertise supported with an LMIA . i applied for EE and received a ITA with a 1006 score . Am i doing this right or do you think i will get rejected because most people in these forums have a different situation and mot are outside canada???

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
1 year work experience in Canada to qualify for CEC. You are already eligible for FSW which is why you got the ITA.
thanks
So does that mean i have a good chance of my application being approved or does my current study permit affect my application>??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h2omd said:
thanks
So does that mean i have a good chance of my application being approved or does my current study permit affect my application>??
I imagine your study permit will have no bearing on your FSW based PR application.

But in your case, you are claiming an LMIA supported job offer and 600 points on that basis. I imagine even that would be fine because you have basic program eligibility under FSW. Just confirm 2 things,

1. You've indicated nothing on your profile to indicate Canadian work experience so you should be ineligible for CEC and only for FSW. Is that correct?

2. You haven't finished your PG education and you haven't claimed those points in your profile. Is that correct?

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
I imagine your study permit will have no bearing on your FSW based PR application.

But in your case, you are claiming an LMIA supported job offer and 600 points on that basis. I imagine even that would be fine because you have basic program eligibility under FSW. Just confirm 2 things,

1. You've indicated nothing on your profile to indicate Canadian work experience so you should be ineligible for CEC and only for FSW. Is that correct?

2. You haven't finished your PG education and you haven't claimed those points in your profile. Is that correct?
Thanks for the reply

As for number 1 : Yes

As for number 2 : I have a bachelors degree which is euivalent to a masters degree . That's all I've claimed .