+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody here applied from Quebec City?

mohanna

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
I notice that people living in Quebec City suffer from further lateness in processing their citizenship files in addition to the long wait of the processing in the slowest citizenship office nation wide in Montreal.
This post aimes to collect those people and follow their timelines given.
For me, I applied in June 2017 and I took my test on 24 January (seven months after I have applied). Since then, my status is always 'in process'. My wife applied on 18 July and will took her test within next Thursday (8 months of waiting).
What about you?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I notice that people living in Quebec City suffer from further lateness in processing their citizenship files in addition to the long wait of the processing in the slowest citizenship office nation wide in Montreal.
For me, I applied in June 2017 and I took my test on 24 January (seven months after I have applied). Since then, my status is always 'in process'. My wife applied on 18 July and will took her test within next Thursday (8 months of waiting).
What about you?
I think Scarborough would give Montreal a run for it's money as the longest processing times....

Trac77

Oct 25, 2017
I applied from Qc city. App received on September 26th 2017. Writing my exam tomorrow March 21st 2018. I saw that Quebec City itinerant office has services on March 21, 22 and 23.

What about you?

mohanna

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
I applied from Qc city. App received on September 26th 2017. Writing my exam tomorrow March 21st 2018. I saw that Quebec City itinerant office has services on March 21, 22 and 23.
Yes, it was supposed to receive my Oah inivation for this mission, but unfortunately not!

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
What about you?
Hum Montreal has been very active, a lot of Oct 11 applicants either have tests scheduled or are awaiting Oath, so I don’t really understand what you are refering to

Trac77

Oct 25, 2017
We are talking about people applying from QUEBEC CITY and surroundings not MONTREAL ; even if we know that Montreal office handles Quebec City applications.

Hum Montreal has been very active, a lot of Oct 11 applicants either have tests scheduled or are awaiting Oath, so I don’t really understand what you are refering to

Hyzerydyby

Nov 18, 2017
[QUOTE = "Trac77, poste: 6805679, membre: 707091"] J'ai postulé à partir de Qc ville. Application reçue le 26 septembre 2017. Écriture de mon examen demain 21 mars 2018. J'ai vu que le bureau itinérant de Québec a des services les 21, 22 et 23 mars. [/ QUOTE]
Trac77 bonne chance a vous et nous attendons votre retour d'infos pour demain

Reactions: Trac77

Trac77

Oct 25, 2017
Merci
[QUOTE = "Trac77, poste: 6805679, membre: 707091"] J'ai postulé à partir de Qc ville. Application reçue le 26 septembre 2017. Écriture de mon examen demain 21 mars 2018. J'ai vu que le bureau itinérant de Québec a des services les 21, 22 et 23 mars. [/ QUOTE]
Trac77 bonne chance a vous et nous attendons votre retour d'infos pour demain

Trac77

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back from my test. Got a perfect score 20-20 (in French).
Preparation: I read the book upon receiving test invite. I did a couple of online tests from time to time and read the book for the second time the day before the test.
Interview: Officer checked all originals ans ids. Sh edid match passports stamps with reported dates on the calculator form.
She asked a few routine questions about family, job, education and so on.
She said everything looked good and I should receive oath invite in a couple of months when they come back to Quebec City.
Duration: All in all 2 hours. (I was one of the first to finish the test).

Last edited:

mohanna

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Félicitations!
My wife will have her exam tomorrow.
Did she told you an approximate date about their next visit to Québec City? Do you know if there were a ceremony this week here or not?
Tnanks and good luck!
Just got back from my test. Got a perfect score 20-20 (in French).
Preparation: I read the book upon receiving test invite. I did a couple of online tests from time to time and read the book for the second time the day before the test.
Interview: Officer checked all originals ans ids. Sh edid match passports stamps with reported dates on the calculator form.
She asked a few routine questions about family, job, education and so on.
She said everything looked good and I should receive oath invite in a couple of months when they come back to Quebec City.
Duration: All in all 2 hours. (I was one of the first to finish the test).

Trac77

Oct 25, 2017
She said it should take a few months.

Pretty sure there are oath ceremonies taking place on March 21, 22 or 23.
I wished I had got oath invite right away but unfortunately no!

Go luck to your wife!

Félicitations!
My wife will have her exam tomorrow.
Did she told you an approximate date about their next visit to Québec City? Do you know if there were a ceremony this week here or not?
Tnanks and good luck!

Hyzerydyby

Nov 18, 2017
[QUOTE = "Trac77, post: 6810118, membre: 707091"] Je viens de rentrer de mon test. J'ai un score parfait 20-20.
Préparation: J'ai lu le livre lors de la réception de l'invitation au test. J'ai fait quelques tests en ligne de temps en temps et j'ai lu le livre pour la deuxième fois la veille du test.
Interview: L'agent a vérifié tous les originaux et les identifiants. Sh edid match timbres de passeports avec des dates déclarées sur le formulaire de la calculatrice.
Elle a posé quelques questions de routine sur la famille, le travail, l'éducation et ainsi de suite.
Elle a dit que tout allait bien et que je devrais recevoir une invitation sous serment dans quelques mois quand ils reviendront à Québec.
Durée: Au total 2 heures. (J'étais l'un des premiers à terminer le test). [/ QUOTE]

Félicitations Trace pour votre brillante réussite ça donne du baume au cœur en espérant que la cérémonie ne soit pas trop longue.

mohanna

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
She said it should take a few months.

Pretty sure there are oath ceremonies taking place on March 21, 22 or 23.
I wished I had got oath invite right away but unfortunately no!

Go luck to your wife!
I did my examen two months ago and the officer told me that I would get my Oah in the next visit (the current one) but unfortunately not.
Really frustrated!