+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody got medical request for trv extension within canada

bsweet687

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Hi everyone,i am surprised is there anybody get email from cic for medical. We applied for trv extension for my mom,she is here in canada. We applied one month ago and today got update in file that medical request. I am so confused what is this.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
bsweet687 said:
Hi everyone,i am surprised is there anybody get email from cic for medical. We applied for trv extension for my mom,she is here in canada. We applied one month ago and today got update in file that medical request. I am so confused what is this.
Yes they do ask for medical exams as it is required if anyone is seeking to stay in Canada for more than 6 months. Usually in case of extension to stay there are 3 methods/possibilities
1) the applicant do a upfront medical
2) the applicant do medical when cic send a medical request
3) the applicant is approved and the visitor record is sent with a condition to undergo Medical exam.

So undergo a medical exam and send it to cic. Your mother application is most likely approved otherwise they don't send a medical exam request.

bsweet687

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Thnks kriv,i really appreciate for giving your time. Actually i am new to all this, my mom's application is not yet approved but i saw update in cic account. There is one new message for medical request. I just want to know that how i have to send medical result and do u know how much is cost,is it covered by insurance or is it post by doc or we have to send result to cic.thnks for advice

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
bsweet687 said:
Thnks kriv,i really appreciate for giving your time. Actually i am new to all this, my mom's application is not yet approved but i saw update in cic account. There is one new message for medical request. I just want to know that how i have to send medical result and do u know how much is cost,is it covered by insurance or is it post by doc or we have to send result to cic.thnks for advice
Do not worry at all..your mother will get her extension approved (they do ask for medicals if the applicant has previously not undergone medical exam). cic must have sent you details how to do the medical in the message. the cost of medical exam is approximately 250 dollars and it is not covered in insurance.

Follow these steps to undergo a medical exam:-

Step 1) you need an appointment first from an approved doctor. Only Panel Physicians approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada can do this exam. you can find the list of approved doctors from this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

you can call for appointment to the nearest doctor where you live from the above link. (best to choose a doctor who give you an early appointment ). Also check with the doctor's office when you book your appointment about e-medical (if the doctor work with CIC via the E-medical). e-medical exams are use to record and send Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results to CIC. It is more accurate, convenient and faster than paper-based processing.

Step 2) one the appointment day. take your mother's passport, identity and the medical request email with you (or your application submission receipt/confirmation which ever has the application file number)

Step 3) on the completion of the medical the doctor will give you a paper having your mother's details and IME number etc..its sort of confirmation of medical exam.

Step 4) scan the document and upload it into your mycic account.

Thats All...you are done and you will soon get the approval and enjoy the stay with your mother.

Hope it helps...

Reactions: wisdom7

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Pls my spouse did medicals last year April and he is applying for coop work permit now with the form - extend my stay in canada as requested by CIC. The problem now is that, we have uploaded every other documents but it remains upfront medicals and there is no where to say submit application.

What do we do in a situation like this because i pressume medical expires after a year. - So ideally my spouse's medical should expire ending April/ early may 2015.

Your input will be appreciated pls.

Regards,
T.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
timmituyi said:
Hello All,

Pls my spouse did medicals last year April and he is applying for coop work permit now with the form - extend my stay in canada as requested by CIC. The problem now is that, we have uploaded every other documents but it remains upfront medicals and there is no where to say submit application.

What do we do in a situation like this because i pressume medical expires after a year. - So ideally my spouse's medical should expire ending April/ early may 2015.

Your input will be appreciated pls.

Regards,
T.
Your husband's medical exam is due to expire in April 2015 then whats the problem in uploading it?...as it is still valid so nothing wrong in uploading it.
its acceptable if it is valid on the date you submit your extension application. don't bother how cic will deal with your medical, in-case the cic officer feel he needs a new medical exam to make a decision then he will send you the request to undergo a new medical exam. CIC may also approve your husband's application and send a visitor record mentioning a condition/Remarks on it ( to undergo a medical exam within next 30 days..etc).

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Kriv.

The problem is that the medical was done in our home country prior to issuing him his visa. Thus, we don't have a copy of the medical report. Should he contact the hospital for a copy so he can upload before submitting his coop work permit application? I don't know if they will give it to him though!

Regards,
T.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
timmituyi said:
Thank you Kriv.

The problem is that the medical was done in our home country prior to issuing him his visa. Thus, we don't have a copy of the medical report. Should he contact the hospital for a copy so he can upload before submitting his coop work permit application? I don't know if they will give it to him though!

Regards,
T.
Best is to get the copy of medical emailed or faxed to you or atleast get your IME number. If you get your IME number you can upload an letter explaining that you have already undergone a medical exam in the past by providing your IME number, doctors details etc.

p_s_s_k

May 23, 2019
Hi,

This is my situation for my parents "the applicant is approved and the visitor record is sent with a condition to undergo Medical exam."
But, my parents left Canada without undergoing medicals. Would that be a problem. How do I inform IRCC that they already left.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

This is my situation for my parents "the applicant is approved and the visitor record is sent with a condition to undergo Medical exam."
But, my parents left Canada without undergoing medicals. Would that be a problem. How do I inform IRCC that they already left.
You could have problems getting a new visa or an extension if they stayed past the date of the initial visa and didn’t do the medical. I would include in the next visa application that they had already departed before you were advised to do the medical just in case nobody realizes why they didn’t do it.

kawaii

Jun 28, 2010
Hi,

Hi. Did your parents go for medical?

Keets45

May 14, 2018
Hi,

Hi..I am in the same situation...I have applied for TRV extension for my mom and I got the visitor record approved but with condition to undergo Medical exam today! They have given 30 day time period! However she will be leaving Canada in one month !
Should I still go ahead and do a medical exam or inform CIC know on the same and ask if it is still required??

Any suggestions please?? Confused!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi..I am in the same situation...I have applied for TRV extension for my mom and I got the visitor record approved but with condition to undergo Medical exam today! They have given 30 day time period! However she will be leaving Canada in one month !
Should I still go ahead and do a medical exam or inform CIC know on the same and ask if it is still required??

Any suggestions please?? Confused!
Yes she must do the medical exam.

Akhatoon

Feb 18, 2019
When did you apply for the extension? Was it online? When did you receive the approval? For how many months is the approval? I am trying to track when my extension would be approved since I applied online on June 29.