+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody from Bangaluru??? Let's get together!!!

arcticmaple

Star Member
Nov 18, 2010
pompi said:
are we deciding someplace or not?....lets catch up tomorrow if all you guys are free!!!
Hi Pompi,
Where r u? You said you willl call me so that we can meet up . Please share ur experience if you have already landed in toronto. I remember you asking some questions related to landing in toronto. Any ways if for some reason you couldn't meet up, please be in touch and update us on your experience in canada.
thanks
best wishes,
arcticmaple. :D

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Hi Articmaple,

There are two ways of getting a PCC - Bangalore.

You can approach the Passport Office - they do have a process of getting you a PCC.
or you can approach the Comissioners 0ffice. The PCC issues by both offices are the same have the same weightage.

As of the fingerprinting, i am not sure, wat the procedure. However, if you have a stipulation to follow, you could use that, or you can meet the Public Relations Officer at the Comissioners office @ Bangalore, and tell them wat you are looking for. They should be able to help you.

Matlal

arcticmaple said:
Dear Matlal,
I understand the role of consulate bcoz i've been asked to personally meet the Russian consulate officer to get my pcc.
but What is the role of Passport Office here. What can one get from passport office here in bangalore. As far as i know i just have to take finger prints from one's local police station and courier it to the respective country to get their pcc.
Waiting for your reply!!!
Thanks and regards,
arcticmaple...

sukhija23

Star Member
Jan 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
10-03-2010
Med's Request
08-10-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2011
LANDED..........
25-08-2012
Sorry guys, i was not able to check this thread for a while.

I see a couple of questions regarding PCC and fingerprints. For PCC, i got mine from the Bangalore Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). There was no rush at that time so i just landed there and got the PCC in half a day. I guess now there is more rush, hence the waiting period. I am not sure about the process for getting a PCC from the Commissioner's office though. Last i tried that route, it was quite convoluted.

Regarding fingerprints, I had not sent them with my original application. But I got a call from the CHC ND office, giving me the date and time at which i should present myself to their office for fingerprints. Below thread has details about that
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fingerprints-request-from-chc-nd-t66566.0.html

So, is there a plan to meet up? I am somewhat homebound for a week or so, but might be able to get out to the new Royal Meenakshi Mall for some time :)

lekkerbek

Apr 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
Nomination.....
CSQ: 24-03-2014, New York
AOR Received.
30-04-2011
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
26-08-2014
Hi,

I am near CMH. Yes, I applied like a week back..

spyder2011

Feb 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011 (PER : 06-05-2011)
AOR Received.
27-06-2011 (through snail mail)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
08-12-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM - (23-03-2012) got PP back on 26-03-2012
LANDED..........
landed in November 2012
sukhija23 said:
Sorry guys, i was not able to check this thread for a while.

I see a couple of questions regarding PCC and fingerprints. For PCC, i got mine from the Bangalore Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). There was no rush at that time so i just landed there and got the PCC in half a day. I guess now there is more rush, hence the waiting period. I am not sure about the process for getting a PCC from the Commissioner's office though. Last i tried that route, it was quite convoluted.

Regarding fingerprints, I had not sent them with my original application. But I got a call from the CHC ND office, giving me the date and time at which i should present myself to their office for fingerprints. Below thread has details about that
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fingerprints-request-from-chc-nd-t66566.0.html

So, is there a plan to meet up? I am somewhat homebound for a week or so, but might be able to get out to the new Royal Meenakshi Mall for some time :)
Nice to hear from you Sukhija, I am also in for This saturday (9th April) morning 11 at new Roayl Meenakshi Mall on Bannerghatta road. Please confirm.

Guys, any one of you can make it this saturday?

lekkerbek

Apr 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
Nomination.....
CSQ: 24-03-2014, New York
AOR Received.
30-04-2011
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
26-08-2014
Sorry, I cannot make it as I am out of Bangalore on work..

arcticmaple

Star Member
Nov 18, 2010
Dear Friends,
Today when i checked my file number, it says Received by visa office. I'm post 26/6 applicant. What can i expect here onwards? How long will it take before i hear anything from ND Visa Office. My concern is I've not applied for PCC from US,Canada & Russia. should I wait for a request from ND visa office for an PCC or should i right away apply to it b'coz i heard pcc from Canada, US & russia takes a lot of time.
Thanks in advance!!!
regards,
arcticmaple.

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Have you send you package to New Delhi without the PCC.

Well in that case, you might want to get the PCCs and send it soon, before the VISA OFFICE decides to return your incomplete application.

If my understanding is correct - you should have send your PCC with the package you sent to delhi, was it not mentioned in the checklist.

-matlal

arcticmaple said:
Dear Friends,
Today when i checked my file number, it says Received by visa office. I'm post 26/6 applicant. What can i expect here onwards? How long will it take before i hear anything from ND Visa Office. My concern is I've not applied for PCC from US,Canada & Russia. should I wait for a request from ND visa office for an PCC or should i right away apply to it b'coz i heard pcc from Canada, US & russia takes a lot of time.
Thanks in advance!!!
regards,
arcticmaple.

arcticmaple

Star Member
Nov 18, 2010
Dear Bangaloreans,
can Somebody advice me on the aforementioned issue.
yesterday i couriered my fingerprints to FBI & RCMP(Royal Canadian Mounted Police). I have taken my fingerprints from my local police station. They used some kind of instrument which scans and gives us fingerprints on their local format. Now my main concern is whether FBI & RCMP will accept these fingerprints or not? Also when will one come to know whether the fingerprints have been accepted or rejected? I mean if rejected how long will it take for us to know the status? will i know the status (Accepted/Rejected) within few days after they receive my courier? There was no ink used to take my fingerprints. They took my fingerprints through scanner.
Very much appreciate if anybody can advice on this matter.
thanks & regards,
arcticmaple...

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
Hi arcticmaple,

We got our FBI PCC's when we were in US and we followed the steps in below link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

My husband got his clearance letter in first attempt using ink roll method but mine got rejected thrice saying 'low quality of prints',all three times it was ink roll and each time it took min 8 weeks to get the rejection letter from them.Finally I had to opt for electronic fingerprints and got the clearance letter.

Not sure about the process here.Can u elaborate ur experince.was it like,they scan each fingerprints,verify on the computer screen if its correct,save it and then print to the form? that is how they did for me.hope u get ur clearance letter at the earliest.

Regards
pearl2010

arcticmaple said:
Dear Bangaloreans,
can Somebody advice me on the aforementioned issue.
yesterday i couriered my fingerprints to FBI & RCMP(Royal Canadian Mounted Police). I have taken my fingerprints from my local police station. They used some kind of instrument which scans and gives us fingerprints on their local format. Now my main concern is whether FBI & RCMP will accept these fingerprints or not? Also when will one come to know whether the fingerprints have been accepted or rejected? I mean if rejected how long will it take for us to know the status? will i know the status (Accepted/Rejected) within few days after they receive my courier? There was no ink used to take my fingerprints. They took my fingerprints through scanner.
Very much appreciate if anybody can advice on this matter.
thanks & regards,
arcticmaple...

arcticmaple

Star Member
Nov 18, 2010
pearl2010 said:
Hi arcticmaple,

We got our FBI PCC's when we were in US and we followed the steps in below link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

My husband got his clearance letter in first attempt using ink roll method but mine got rejected thrice saying 'low quality of prints',all three times it was ink roll and each time it took min 8 weeks to get the rejection letter from them.Finally I had to opt for electronic fingerprints and got the clearance letter.

Not sure about the process here.Can u elaborate ur experince.was it like,they scan each fingerprints,verify on the computer screen if its correct,save it and then print to the form? that is how they did for me.hope u get ur clearance letter at the earliest.

Regards
pearl2010

Thanks a lotttt Pearl2010 for your wishes!!! One more thing i need to ask you that did u send your passport copy along with your finger prints sheet? b'coz in the checklist they haven't mentioned about sending passport copy for their reference. I only send my SSN(Social Security Number)along with the applicant form and credit card form. Is it okay without sending passport copy? Also i haven't send any photo's as well as they have not mentioned in the checklist.
Yes you're rite they scanned each finger and verified on the computer screen and finally took a print out to their prescribed format. But, for some reason i felt the quality of the print they taken was not great and it was kinda light. I hope it will be fine. otherwise to go through this process again is very hectic.
Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Best Wishes!!!
regards,
arcticmaple.

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
u r welcome arcticmaple :)

We didnt sent our passport copies or photos,I think its not necessary,ur SSN detail should be fine.we just sent them the fingerprint cards and cheque as mentioned on the FBI webpage.what checklist r u referring to?
your fingerprints should be fine as they r electronic prints.

All the Best.
Regards
pearl2010

arcticmaple said:
Thanks a lotttt Pearl2010 for your wishes!!! One more thing i need to ask you that did u send your passport copy along with your finger prints sheet? b'coz in the checklist they haven't mentioned about sending passport copy for their reference. I only send my SSN(Social Security Number)along with the applicant form and credit card form. Is it okay without sending passport copy? Also i haven't send any photo's as well as they have not mentioned in the checklist.
Yes you're rite they scanned each finger and verified on the computer screen and finally took a print out to their prescribed format. But, for some reason i felt the quality of the print they taken was not great and it was kinda light. I hope it will be fine. otherwise to go through this process again is very hectic.
Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Best Wishes!!!
regards,
arcticmaple.

spyder2011

Feb 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011 (PER : 06-05-2011)
AOR Received.
27-06-2011 (through snail mail)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
08-12-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM - (23-03-2012) got PP back on 26-03-2012
LANDED..........
landed in November 2012
Guys,

I have just passed in first phase (received my PER on 6th may) and gearing for next one. I thought let me be proactive to get my PCC before VO ask but it looks like tough journey again. We are currently at Bangalore, India and I have to get PCC from Bangalore and for My wife from Bangalore and Mumbai, India as my wife was staying in Mumbai after 18 years of age till year back.

Bangalore Passport office has PSK(Passport Seva Kendra) and I am not getting any appointment to apply my PCC.

I have few questions and your help/direction is really appreciated.

1. Can I apply for PCC from Police Commisioner's office in bangalore?
2. Does my wife has to go personally visit mumbai to apply her PCC?
3. If my wife concurrently applies PCC at mumbai and bangalore and if police comes for verification at mumbai then she won't be present there, what to do in this case?

Any other information will also help.

Thanks,
-s

mni

Mar 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-Jun-2013
Hi guys

Not heard from anyone for a while. Any updates...

Regards,
mni