+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyboby found job through internet?

katerina74

Dec 13, 2013
i have no problem to pay the fees , anyway they are just 275 can.dollar. I assume that when an employer is about to hire someone that will cost him 3.000-4.000 per month, the 275 is not the problem.
May be it is just the paperwork that makes them avoid the LMO process.
At the other hand, why canadian provinces have all these nominee programs if canada does not need foreign employees?
Sometimes i am thinking about this and it does not make sense....
Ketevan yes i am Greek, and your idea about the greek community is really good. I will check the internet . Thank you!

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itstime said:
Since when do employers have to pay to apply for an LMO?
Wikipedia is NOT the official source of information for LMO. HRSDC is.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/hire-how.asp

Nothing on there about there being a cost and the last time that page was updated was 2012. So, no, it does NOT cost an employer anything to apply for an LMO. The only cost there is is for the foreign worker to pay at POE when activating the workpermit. Last I checked, that was $150 and it is mandatory that it is the foreign worker who is paying.

Sarah1

Feb 7, 2014
katerina74 said:
Thank you all for your advice.

I think my resume is interesting.
But i guess the problem is that employers do not like the procedure of LMO ect..
Does this really work? or they just find employees from foreign workers already in canada?
If they like a resume, will they go on with an offer and an LMO?

I am beginning to believe that you can only find a job if you already have a working visa....

Still, i think that i have to be a little more persistent, since it is only a month that i've started sending my cv.

looking forward to your advice!

Have a beautiful day!!!!!!!!
Hi Katerina,

I've met people here from Greece, who found a job online by sending their resume all over Canada. They might sent 100 resumes, but once they got 1 positive reply they moved here asap. Please keep in mind that a cv and a resume are totally different, and you have to try and create a resume that complies to Canadian standards, e.g. no mention of age, gender, marital status; create highlights section etc. or else it will be very hard to get any reply.
Also I would suggest you to look for interview dates in Greece or other nearby European countries. Big companies and some times provinces set interviews for people interested in getting work visas.

katerina74

Dec 13, 2013
Sarah1 said:
Please keep in mind that a cv and a resume are totally different, and you have to try and create a resume that complies to Canadian standards, e.g. no mention of age, gender, marital status; create highlights section etc. or else it will be very hard to get any reply.
Hello Sarah

Thank you so much for your post. It was really nice to read it, as it is 1 1/2 month now that i am looking for a job and no luck... it seems that i have to be persistent and patient.
The info about the resume is very helpful. It is a while now that I changed my resume's style, cause the truth is that at first i was sending it with information such as age, photo ect.
I guess the canadian style is this mentioned at sites such as jobbank, monster ect. Do you know any other site i can check into?

Have a beautiful day
katerina

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Google is your friend, so is spellchecker. If you in your resume state that you are detail oriented and write ect when it should be etc then your resume goes straight down the bin.

Canadianizing your resume includes spelling things correctly and in Canadian English.

Good luck. It is possible but it is time consuming.

sandy_dakore

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Anand, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
09-02-2011
IELTS Request
04-10-2010
File Transfer...
15-may-2012
Med's Request
01-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
Interview........
DM on 04-10-2013
Passport Req..
PP sent on 10-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 october 2013
LANDED..........
21-11-2013
NetMecca said:
Searching for jobs in Manitoba will likely also prove easier. Few people want to live there, so more likely you will be able to find something there.

Cheers
that's why i am move to winnipeg from toronto. next month.

katerina74

Dec 13, 2013
sandy_dakore said:
that's why i am move to winnipeg from toronto. next month.
I cannot understand this with Manitoba.
At jobbank i can see so many jobs for Saskatchewan or Alberta, but only 4-5 for Winnipeg.
Is there another site?

Hohoyy9999

Mar 19, 2014
Actonis, your response is very encouraging.

I moved to Toronto 8 months ago. I have applied for about 15 jobs online ,mainly from the banks' career websites. I never get a response except those auto response.
I have 10 years of credit risk management experience in multinational banks in HK and educated in UK. I have a feeling that my online applications and resumes are ignored and never been read

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't for a second assume that you will find work at the same level here as you had at home. There is a thing called "Canadian Exerience" which employers look at. You may have to settle for a job in a store or an entry level position at a bank (if you can get in) before you start moving up.