+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyboby found job through internet?

MyCanadaPlan

Nov 5, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Katerina,

Finding a job pre-arrival to Canada, just like finding a job in Canada requires a lot of networking. If you begin to familiarize yourself with Canada's job market and recruiters before you come your chances of finding work before you arrive are greater, and at the very least establish a long-term resource for your career in Canada.

I suggest getting a LinkedIn profile (if you haven't one already), and learn how to use that platform to effectively build relationships with Canadian firms, managers, and recruiters.

Best of luck,
Lisa
MyCanadaPlan.com

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
In most cases it won't work. However, if you're really specialized in a certain field, which is in highly demand in Canada, it could work. But these are rare exceptions...

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
I agree finding a job just submitting resumes to job sites, is highly unlikely to work.

Your best bet is to find employers, and then call them. The only real value that a job site would really have, is to identify possible employers. Though this may also be somewhat limited.

Good luck :)

Erik Blair

Jan 8, 2014
In 2014 there is no more important tool to job hunting than the internet. Yes, personal connections are great if you have them, but if you don't then you will have to depend on the internet to assist you in finding work.

First, you'll want to start out by getting everything prepared. Visit some resume sites to help you write your own. You can either go the simple route by using your existing LinkedIn profile with something basic like the LinkedIn resume builder, or you can find another private site, probably requiring some fee to build a resume from scratch like Resume Genius. Once you have your resume properly formatted then you move onto the next step.

Utilize the biggest names in job hunting to find jobs, websites such as Indeed , Monster , Snagajob or SimplyHired, all offer tons of postings, sortable by location, industry or career level. In addition to these aggregator sites, you can do a google or yahoo search for "job postings Alberta" or something of a more specific nature to refine your search even further.

Do this and I'm sure you'll find a job in no time!

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Searching for jobs in Manitoba will likely also prove easier. Few people want to live there, so more likely you will be able to find something there.

Cheers

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found my first job in Canada by cold emailing. I sent out emails to prospective employers asking about the job market and surprisingly some of them replied with offers of an interview. But you must already have permanent residence. In my case, I already had my visa on hand and was just finalizing my landing date when I started sending out the cold emails.

Its important to note though that the tone of my emails did not come across as a job application. It was just an honest email asking any tips they may be able to share for someone like me who was new to Canada and wanted to look for job opportunities in my field.

Worked for me. It may work for you too. Its been 3 years now since I had my first interview. How time flies :)

actonis

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Definitively you can find job online.
It requires commitment (2-3 months applying) and most importantly you must be unique.
You must have something that other does not have. You must have experience and lot of diplomas.
I was able to find my job like this, after I made arrangements with my current employer I was also contacted from several others headhunters... but to be honest if you look my resume... there is no company that wont like me.
So my advice, first work on your skills.
I send 3 years of my life doing 24/7 training and obtaining certificates and diplomas, so I currently have everything that an IT guy can have.
Then focus on finding good job.

All the best.

Robin_Pandey

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
26 Apr 2013
AOR Received.
4 June 2013
Med's Done....
Mar 2013 (ecas update on 16th Dec 2013)
Passport Req..
June 2013 (Requested ltr submission and then submitted on 17th Dec 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 25th Oct 13 & DM - 19th Jan 14
LANDED..........
12th Feb 2014
Hi Friends,
My wife who is a canadian citizen has applied for my PR and the app is in the final stages now.
I live & work in USA on H1B visa(IT industry) which is valid for 3 more years. I am in a dialemma how to go about with my next step after getting canadian PR.

Is it better to do just the landing formality first , come back to US and keep looking for jobs in canada from US while I am still working here in US (Is this really possible, can I just get an offer over phone interviews. Rmbr I am looking for Software jobs)
Or
Should I start settling down and look for jobs (My wife and her parents who all are working are encouraging this option. Glad that they are more than willing to accomodate me till I settle down, but I prefer to live on my own with my wife immediately)
Or
Can I look for jobs even before I get my spousal PR and allow myself the luxury of landing in canada with a Job offer.

Awaiting valuable inputs:)

tiffanyeric

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-12
AOR Received.
20-12-12
File Transfer...
12-2-13
Med's Done....
7-1-13
Passport Req..
8 - 7 - 13
VISA ISSUED...
Hoping soon
LANDED..........
soon...
Hello everyone,

Im newcomer here in Calgary alberta nov.19,2013... I'm a PR,apousal sponsorship... I'm now looking for a job, Im a Fine-Arts Interior Design graduate in the Philippines,but i did not pursue my career after I graduate.... To make the story short, Im into Retail business for 12 yrs.already to present & Im a designer / wedding event coordinator in our country...

Im very enthusiastic in finding job right now, i want to be productive...

Can somebody help me here! Thank you

God bless

katerina74

Dec 13, 2013
Thank you all for your advice.

I think my resume is interesting.
But i guess the problem is that employers do not like the procedure of LMO ect..
Does this really work? or they just find employees from foreign workers already in canada?
If they like a resume, will they go on with an offer and an LMO?

I am beginning to believe that you can only find a job if you already have a working visa....

Still, i think that i have to be a little more persistent, since it is only a month that i've started sending my cv.

looking forward to your advice!

Have a beautiful day!!!!!!!!

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
even for skilled immigrants who already have PR the probability of finding meaningful employment in canada is low. You can imagine how difficult it is for those with no work permit. However you are not losing anything by trying hard and continuing to contact employers directly to pursue your canadian dream (if you have one). The luck may be yours.
I am naively assuming from your name that you are Greek. Why not engaging Greek community in Canada? My Iranian friend got Australian PR because his Iranian friend employed him in his Australian small firm. This route is more realistic than dreaming of an employer who would go through LMO.
The procedure of LMO is lengthy and essentially an extra cost on employer. So they would not bother unless these is no local candidate for the job. The only case where I saw people engaged without work permit is university professor recruitment (universities have loads of funds and the recruitment process takes 1 year - so they can afford sponsoring a foreign worker).

katerina74 said:
Thank you all for your advice.

I think my resume is interesting.
But i guess the problem is that employers do not like the procedure of LMO ect..
Does this really work? or they just find employees from foreign workers already in canada?
If they like a resume, will they go on with an offer and an LMO?

I am beginning to believe that you can only find a job if you already have a working visa....

Still, i think that i have to be a little more persistent, since it is only a month that i've started sending my cv.

looking forward to your advice!

Have a beautiful day!!!!!!!!

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ketevan said:
The procedure of LMO is lengthy and essentially an extra cost on employer.
Since when do employers have to pay to apply for an LMO?

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
typing "opportunity cost" and "transactional cost" on wikipedia will answer your question

itstime said:
Since when do employers have to pay to apply for an LMO?

jigarshah

Star Member
Apr 5, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
04-04-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-01-2013 ECAS 3RD LINE 25-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-09-2013
LANDED..........
28-10-2013
Hello
USA market is much better then canadian market,
You will not get good pay here.and taxes are high,
IT market is good here but not for pay.. I am in IT too..

Robin_Pandey said:
Hi Friends,
My wife who is a canadian citizen has applied for my PR and the app is in the final stages now.
I live & work in USA on H1B visa(IT industry) which is valid for 3 more years. I am in a dialemma how to go about with my next step after getting canadian PR.

Is it better to do just the landing formality first , come back to US and keep looking for jobs in canada from US while I am still working here in US (Is this really possible, can I just get an offer over phone interviews. Rmbr I am looking for Software jobs)
Or
Should I start settling down and look for jobs (My wife and her parents who all are working are encouraging this option. Glad that they are more than willing to accomodate me till I settle down, but I prefer to live on my own with my wife immediately)
Or
Can I look for jobs even before I get my spousal PR and allow myself the luxury of landing in canada with a Job offer.

Awaiting valuable inputs:)