+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any1 applied from London CHC? I'm being asked for my passport, wat does it mean?

Sahil Khan

Sep 15, 2013
Hi guys,

I've got an email from VFS London to submit my passport in 5 days. What does it mean. Does it mean that that my application is processed and they just need my passport for the final decision or what? I haven't done my medical or anything. Do they ask for medical from everyone? I applied on 10th Oct.

Your help will be appreciated. Please post if you got visa or applied for visa from London CHC.

Abdul Hannan

Oct 22, 2013
Winnipeg Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS - Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25/07/2015
Nomination.....
12/07/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP UPFRONT
File Transfer...
WAITING
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
Re: Any1 applied from London CHC. I'm being asked for my passport, wat does it mean?

pasport request usually means that ur visa is aproved thy just wnt pasport fr stamping :)

Sahil Khan

Sep 15, 2013
Re: Any1 applied from London CHC. I'm being asked for my passport, wat does it mean?

Abdul Hannan said:
pasport request usually means that ur visa is aproved thy just wnt pasport fr stamping :)

What you think how long does it take normally for the passport to be returned back after submitting it to the CHC.

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

I applied on October 7 from UK online. I am british and not yet heard anything. I think you have got your visa :) May I ask if you need a TRV? My husband is indian passport in UK and applied to accompany me. What did CIC say when they contacted you?

Abdul Hannan

Oct 22, 2013
Winnipeg Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS - Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25/07/2015
Nomination.....
12/07/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP UPFRONT
File Transfer...
WAITING
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
Re: Anyone applied from London CHC?

Sahil Khan said:
I hope you are right on the approval of my visa.
I am sure you have got ur visa chil bro dnt worry. :)

Sahil Khan

Sep 15, 2013
canadastudentvisa said:
Hi

I applied on October 7 from UK online. I am british and not yet heard anything. I think you have got your visa :) May I ask if you need a TRV? My husband is indian passport in UK and applied to accompany me. What did CIC say when they contacted you?

Yes, I need a TRV. You guys really raised my hopes up. They emailed me this:
"This is regarding you study permit application xxxxxxxxxxx.
The high Commission has requested you to submit the passport within the next 5 days to continue processing your application.
You can come in to our centre Monday to Friday 8.30 am-4pm to submit the passport or post it to our address and we will forward it to the High Commission of Canada."

I don't know what this means... I mean when I was submitting my application they didn't take my passport, while I heard that people who need TRV should submit their passport along with their application; they asked for my passport now so does it mean that my application was incomplete and they need my passport so that my application is completed and be able to be processed, OR does it mean that my application is already processed and now they need my passport for approval.
Have you or your husband been asked for the medicals?

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Sahil Khan said:
Yes, I need a TRV. You guys really raised my hopes up. They emailed me this:
"This is regarding you study permit application xxxxxxxxxxx.
The high Commission has requested you to submit the passport within the next 5 days to continue processing your application.
You can come in to our centre Monday to Friday 8.30 am-4pm to submit the passport or post it to our address and we will forward it to the High Commission of Canada."

I don't know what this means... I mean when I was submitting my application they didn't take my passport, while I heard that people who need TRV should submit their passport along with their application; they asked for my passport now so does it mean that my application was incomplete and they need my passport so that my application is completed and be able to be processed, OR does it mean that my application is already processed and now they need my passport for approval.
Have you or your husband been asked for the medicals?

Hi no we have had no response yet! I definitely think youve got the visa cos they wouldnt have asked for your passport. I hope you get the visa :)

rubaiyat

Oct 18, 2013
Sahil Khan said:
10th October.
Request for the passport means you got the visa. But I didn't get one thing. When you applied, didn't you submit the scan copy of your passport? I also applied online London office. They asked me to upload
1. IMM1294E Application for Study Permit
2. IMM5645E Family Information
3. Bank Statement
4. Copy of My Passport
5. Digital Photo
6. Letter of Explanation (Study Plan, Police Clearance Certificate, Resume, My Tax Certificate, My Existing Employment Letter, Company Registration Form, Company Tax Paper and My IELTS Test Result. I merged all the document to 1 document, made it pdf and uploaded it. I submitted my company papers because my company is my guarantor of return after my studies)

Did you upload the same documents when you applied for visa online?

Sahil Khan

Sep 15, 2013
rubaiyat said:
Request for the passport means you got the visa. But I didn't get one thing. When you applied, didn't you submit the scan copy of your passport? I also applied online London office. They asked me to upload
1. IMM1294E Application for Study Permit
2. IMM5645E Family Information
3. Bank Statement
4. Copy of My Passport
5. Digital Photo
6. Letter of Explanation (Study Plan, Police Clearance Certificate, Resume, My Tax Certificate, My Existing Employment Letter, Company Registration Form, Company Tax Paper and My IELTS Test Result. I merged all the document to 1 document, made it pdf and uploaded it. I submitted my company papers because my company is my guarantor of return after my studies)

Did you upload the same documents when you applied for visa online?

I guess I haven't put it clear earlier, I applied through visa application centre VAC London - not online. However, yes I have submitted my passport copy and other travel visas copies with my application. I submitted almost the same documents you mentioned except any documents about tax etc, as I am not working currently, but included a letter from the company where I was working before and will be working after my course in Canada, and educational documents too.
I haven't been asked for medical test though, not sure if it is required from everyone applying for a study permit? When did you apply btw?

rubaiyat

Oct 18, 2013
Sahil Khan said:
I guess I haven't put it clear earlier, I applied through visa application centre VAC London - not online. However, yes I have submitted my passport copy and other travel visas copies with my application. I submitted almost the same documents you mentioned except any documents about tax etc, as I am not working currently, but included a letter from the company where I was working before and will be working after my course in Canada, and educational documents too.
I haven't been asked for medical test though, not sure if it is required from everyone applying for a study permit? When did you apply btw?
Ok I got it. You are tensed why they asked for your passport without even requesting for medical. Your situation made me confused as well. But I am sure when you request to submit the passport, they actually stamp the visa. Otherwise why would they tell you to submit your passport, right?

I applied on the 2nd Nov cause got my LOA on the 30th Oct. I don't know how long it will take in my case.. I applied from Sweden (I am originally from Bangladesh), so I had no other option except applying online. But good luck man. Let me know when you get any update. Btw, which college/university are you going & which subject?

rubaiyat

Oct 18, 2013
Sahil Khan said:
Hi, any update of your application?