Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
July 2010
LANDED..........
April 2014
My question is "Do we have any problem in travelling from Chennai-India through Frankfurt-Germany through Qatar airways and then from Frankfurt to Toronto through Air Canada, is there any visa required for that, we have our Canadian PR other than that we don't have anyother visa..."

Please help with ur answers
Thanks
Havs

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
havs said:
My question is "Do we have any problem in travelling from Chennai-India through Frankfurt-Germany through Qatar airways and then from Frankfurt to Toronto through Air Canada, is there any visa required for that, we have our Canadian PR other than that we don't have anyother visa..."

Thanks
Havs
ask your airline - they know better, or you may consider emailing/or contacting the German embassy in your home country.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
havs said:

Thanks
Havs
Hi there.

I hope I wont mislead you but because I am a business traveler, I know that European Union countries will demand a visitor Visa unless you are passing through in transit.
Assuming that you board a plane in India and change flights in Frankfurt Germany to board for Toronto then you will not need a visa for Europe (Schengen)
But as the other friend suggested just inquire to your airline (Qatar) and they will inform you accordingly

Good luck

alico

Nov 4, 2012
i travelled through frankfurt about 20 times and one time they asked for multitransit visa. luckily i had about a month to apply and receive visa.best way to learn is ask your airline by phone and mail. so you also have something in writing as well just incase if they change their mind untill you travel.
i think it depends on how many hours you will have between connecting flights OR how they tighten the security of the airport during a period of a time... (not sure, just guessing this ...)

kannadakanmani

Mar 12, 2012
My understanding is a valid PR should be sufficient. My experience is travelling to India via London (transit) and i did not get any visa for that. I am assuming it should be the same for Frankfurt as long as you have a valid unexpired PR card or a valid unexpired Canada visa.

-KK

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
havs said:

Thanks
Havs
I travelled British Airways, Saudi London Canada
and I wasnt required/asked for UK transit visa
Also I asked Lufthansa, no transit visa required if you hold a valid Canadian PR

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hi there

Normally when your final destination is Canada and you are flying from a third country through Europe on transit there is no need for visas in Europe. Not unless you have an overnight stay!
This is an international agreement. Its so easy to find out just by inquiring to your carrier airline!