+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any virtual oath in Ottawa office recently?

Anastasia_Y

Jan 10, 2016
Hi Anastasia did you receive your certificate already? I had my virtual Oath last August 24 -Montreal, but until now i did not receive my certificate. Called them many times but they said still on queue..it's more than 1 month already
Hi! Nope, no certificate. So I called IRCC again today, and they said that it is still in queue for printing.... but there is now a note on my file that on Sept 25th they finally downloaded my signed forms. I do not understand why it is taking so long for them to print it when they always give it on the same day of the ceremony when it was in person

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hi! Nope, no certificate. So I called IRCC again today, and they said that it is still in queue for printing.... but there is now a note on my file that on Sept 25th they finally downloaded my signed forms. I do not understand why it is taking so long for them to print it when they always give it on the same day of the ceremony when it was in person
Seems they were not working on citizenship applications from August 25 to septemer 25

MosiHome

Oct 1, 2020
Hope everyone is well. I find this topic interesting as it relates to me as well. I took the test in January, Decision Made January 30th. No update since then.

I think we need to make a move to get some traction going! Perhaps inform our MP of this development, as it is paramount to our social well being and contribution in the community at large!

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hope everyone is well. I find this topic interesting as it relates to me as well. I took the test in January, Decision Made January 30th. No update since then.

I think we need to make a move to get some traction going! Perhaps inform our MP of this development, as it is paramount to our social well being and contribution in the community at large!
It seems to be same case with all Ottawa applicants. They might have finished virtual oath for all the applicants who's oath ceremony was cancelled in March and after that Ottawa office completely stopped working.

Did you fill the web inquiry form?

Last edited:

MosiHome

Oct 1, 2020
It seems to be same case with all Ottawa applicants. They might have finished virtual oath for all the applicants who's oath ceremony was cancelled in March and after that Ottawa office completely stopped working.

Did you fill the web inquiry form?
Yes I have submitted an inquiry using the web form.

debashish1711

Sep 8, 2020
Hi. Same situation for me. I passed the test in February this year, but since then there has been absolutely no activity. I have submitted Web form, but it's always a generic response about processing times being affected due to Covid. What is the best way that all of us could take a collective step to demand the Ottawa centre to start Citizenship processing again?