+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any virtual oath in Ottawa office recently?

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Has anyone done virtual oath in Ottawa lately? I haven't seen any one doing Virtual oath in Ottawa in September as per this forum.

Last edited:

Anastasia_Y

Jan 10, 2016
I don't think there is anything going on in Ottawa IRCC office, as I had my virtual ceremony on August 26th and was told that I will receive my certificate in a couple of weeks.
It's been exactly a month, I called IRCC several times and every time the response is that my certificate is in queue for printing. I have to travel for work next week and planning anything has been nothing but frustration

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
I don't think there is anything going on in Ottawa IRCC office, as I had my virtual ceremony on August 26th and was told that I will receive my certificate in a couple of weeks.
It's been exactly a month, I called IRCC several times and every time the response is that my certificate is in queue for printing. I have to travel for work next week and planning anything has been nothing but frustration
You are right, seems they are not processing any citizenship applications, may be staff is directed to work on spousal applications. Seems Citizenship applications have taken a back foot.

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Below applicant posted on August 2019 forum.
Does this mean Ottawa will be asking candidates to redo the tests?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
vicky159
51 minutes ago
Add bookmark
#1,914
I took the citizenship test in the first week of March in Ottawa and the gcms notes says test has been cancelled. I will call the contact Center tomorrow. Does anyone have similar updates?

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
can we do anything to call and check? Should we talk to the MPs and push for answers ?
It seems Ottawa center is not looking into citizenship applications at all. It's almost a month that anyone from Ottawa has received any update. Being capital of Canada, they should have set an example for other centers, rather they have stopped working on citizenship applications. Spousal applicants protested and got the right attention, may be they are working on those applications to achieve the target of reviewing 6000 spousal support applications per month. Call center argent's provides a standard answer and can't influence working of ircc officials. Reaching out to NDP and writing on twitter may trigger their attention.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
It seems Ottawa center is not looking into citizenship applications at all. It's almost a month that anyone from Ottawa has received any update. Being capital of Canada, they should have set an example for other centers, rather they have stopped working on citizenship applications. Spousal applicants protested and got the right attention, may be they are working on those applications to achieve the target of reviewing 6000 spousal support applications per month. Call center argent's provides a standard answer and can't influence working of ircc officials. Reaching out to NDP and writing on twitter may trigger their attention.
They are setting the example for others it seems, although probably not the kind of example we want them to set :p.

lostincic

Sep 6, 2020
I’m not on Twitter but we should write to our MP(s) and ask them to either transfer our files or ask Ottawa to get going.
Those of us who are “ceremony ready” can have their virtual oaths with different offices and just get this process done with, it’s been two years for me and many others.

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
It seems Ottawa hasn't processed any citizenship application or virtual oath ceremony in entire September. I agree we should talk to our MP. I believe they won't be transferring files to other location as it's additional work for them, which they won't like to do.

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
Hi Anastasia did you receive your certificate already? I had my virtual Oath last August 24 -Montreal, but until now i did not receive my certificate. Called them many times but they said still on queue..it's more than 1 month already