+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any US style apartment communities in Ontario / BC?

rollercoaster

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
Hi ,

I am wondering if Canada has any US apartment community style places for rent? (One where you can rent out a single bedroom and bath room with other roommates with individual leases) So far I could not find any .. and the few that are there are not in ontario/BC..

anybody has any info? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ,

I am wondering if Canada has any US apartment community style places for rent? (One where you can rent out a single bedroom and bath room with other roommates with individual leases) So far I could not find any .. and the few that are there are not in ontario/BC..

You usually need to find your own roommates. The property manager or landlord doesn’t arrange that for you. That is how most rentals are done in the US. Most landlords are willing to have each tenant sign their own lease but some are not and all the roommates will need to sign one lease and organize amongst themselves when it comes to paying the rent via one payment, etc.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ,

There definitely are plenty (in both Ontario and BC). You may have to dig a bit through ads to find ones where there's an individual lease.

Check places like kijiji and cragislist under shared accommodations.