+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Updates on visa approval after June 1, 2014? under the new rules?

Asimbaloch

Jun 11, 2014
i really appreciate your reply.

okay thank you. and does it matter that you go for a diploma or a degree? i heard they reject people who go for diploma?

Ramandeep

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh: online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2014
IELTS Request
7 bands - Submitted with application
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-7-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-7-2014
LANDED..........
Aug-2014
binjoy said:
Okay..Let me put it this way. I have 7 yrs of work experience. People also told me the following:
1. only 50% chances of visa as I have been working since I finished my bachelors - huge gap in education
2. After bachelors and 7 yrs exp - Not the right decision to go for a Post graduate certificate course, instead I should go with Masters.

I did not consider what others told me, but I believed that I had good acads and it dosent matter how much gap I have in education, but the urge to learn is important. I had picked a course which was in line with my current work exp. And I had a strong SOP with my work in detail and why this course and how this course will help me back in my home country. Apart from these I had explained why canada and why I picked that college.
I had one line in my last paragraph where I concluded saying: Please note that I have no intentions to settle permanently in Canada.

I also applied with all the docs from the checklist and a strong SOP.
I got my visa.

There are plenty of people in this forum who have had one rejection, some even two and then have gotten the visa. So, dont lose hope this easily. The VO has clearly mentioned in your case that you havent convinced you will leave the country. So, my suggestion would be to apply the same set of docs with a strong-er SOP..:)

The rest is in the hands of the Almighty. :) I think if you reapply there are very high chances of getting visa considering your previous reason of rejection.
Binjoy. +1 to u.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asimbaloch said:
i really appreciate your reply.

okay thank you. and does it matter that you go for a diploma or a degree? i heard they reject people who go for diploma?
I am not sure if I know the answer to this q. Try posting a new thread on this subject. Seniors or current students will surely help you.

richardlin

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 16, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sep 28, 2016 (Passed)
Interview........
No (Jan 11, 2017 Decision Made on ECAS)
Passport Req..
Jan 24, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 1, 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 5, 2017
Congrats Binjoy!

sorry what is SOP anyway?

binjoy said:
Okay..Let me put it this way. I have 7 yrs of work experience. People also told me the following:
1. only 50% chances of visa as I have been working since I finished my bachelors - huge gap in education
2. After bachelors and 7 yrs exp - Not the right decision to go for a Post graduate certificate course, instead I should go with Masters.

I did not consider what others told me, but I believed that I had good acads and it dosent matter how much gap I have in education, but the urge to learn is important. I had picked a course which was in line with my current work exp. And I had a strong SOP with my work in detail and why this course and how this course will help me back in my home country. Apart from these I had explained why canada and why I picked that college.
I had one line in my last paragraph where I concluded saying: Please note that I have no intentions to settle permanently in Canada.

I also applied with all the docs from the checklist and a strong SOP.
I got my visa.

There are plenty of people in this forum who have had one rejection, some even two and then have gotten the visa. So, dont lose hope this easily. The VO has clearly mentioned in your case that you havent convinced you will leave the country. So, my suggestion would be to apply the same set of docs with a strong-er SOP..:)

The rest is in the hands of the Almighty. :) I think if you reapply there are very high chances of getting visa considering your previous reason of rejection.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
richardlin said:
Congrats Binjoy!

sorry what is SOP anyway?
Thanks.

SOP is Statement of Purpose. You can find quite a lot of samples in the internet. Please do not copy anything from the sample SOP. Write your own SOP which could include the following:

1. Your Merits in 10th, 12th and Bachelors
2. Work experience if any.
3. Why did you pick the course of study
4. Why the college/univ to which you have applied.
5. Why Canada
Use a convincing conclusion stating that you will be back to your home country. Quote examples wherever required.

hartejsg

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2014
LANDED..........
Soon..
Just want to assure whether the new updated forms containing DIL# for the institutions are available on CIC website or not. They were supposed to be available by June14, 2014 but nothing is up yet.Can anybody shed some light on this issue?

loginbits12

Star Member
May 13, 2014
binjoy said:
Thanks.

SOP is Statement of Purpose. You can find quite a lot of samples in the internet. Please do not copy anything from the sample SOP. Write your own SOP which could include the following:

1. Your Merits in 10th, 12th and Bachelors
2. Work experience if any.
3. Why did you pick the course of study
4. Why the college/univ to which you have applied.
5. Why Canada
Use a convincing conclusion stating that you will be back to your home country. Quote examples wherever required.
hi binjoy congratulation on your visa . Please can you tell me did you applied on paper based or online. Did you paid 1st semester fee to the university and gic. Thank you

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
hartejsg said:
Just want to assure whether the new updated forms containing DIL# for the institutions are available on CIC website or not. They were supposed to be available by June14, 2014 but nothing is up yet.Can anybody shed some light on this issue?
Starting June 16, 2014, applicants and study permit holders must indicate the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number on the updated application forms. Previous versions of the study permit application will still be accepted, but only until July 15, 2014.

Until now, there is no form...let's try again tomorrow canadian timing.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loginbits12 said:
hi binjoy congratulation on your visa . Please can you tell me did you applied on paper based or online. Did you paid 1st semester fee to the university and gic. Thank you
Thanks loginbits12
I applied in General category.
Paper based.
Yes, I paid 1st semester fees and also have GIC.

Good luck to you!