June 4, 2016
Passport Req..
January 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 27, 2017
LANDED..........
Inland
stopDA said:
Dude, it looks like the writer of that article hosed us.
why did u say so? I was just trying to help too. I am keeping an eye on this issue as I have lots of friends waiting for this issue to be lifted

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
durchbeisser_17 said:
why did u say so? I was just trying to help too. I am keeping an eye on this issue as I have lots of friends waiting for this issue to be lifted
I know that you're just trying to help. What I was saying is that we were hosed by whoever gave us this June 1 prediction, seeing that it's now June 3 and the moratorium is still ongoing. We got bad info from whoever made that prediction.

durchbeisser_17

Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 08,2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
August 17,2015
AOR Received.
December 4 , 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
June 2, 2016
Med's Done....
June 4, 2016
Passport Req..
January 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 27, 2017
LANDED..........
Inland
stopDA said:
I know that you're just trying to help. What I was saying is that we were hosed by whoever gave us this June 1 prediction, seeing that it's now June 3 and the moratorium is still ongoing. We got bad info from whoever made that prediction.
Thats what I thought so. Hopefully it will be lifted soon :)

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
durchbeisser_17 said:
Thats what I thought so. Hopefully it will be lifted soon :)
It won't be lifted soon because the entire House of Commons is running overtime for the next 3 weeks:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/05/26/house-commons-canada-mps-late_n_5394259.html

We have no choice but to wait another 3 weeks before we see any further progress with Kenney's effort to lift the moratorium. Kenney and the other Cabinet MPs simply don't have the time right now. Waiting around is going to totally suck, especially for those of us who have grown impatient by the combined time involved in finding work, getting an LMO, applying for visas, and waiting out the 5 weeks that has elapsed since the beginning of the moratorium. Waiting will suck, but we'll just have to wait some more. I wish there was better news on the horizon but it doesn't seem like there is.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Kenney was aiming to have something in place by early June, eh? We were totally hosed by that early June prediction and Kenney's, "few weeks, not months" prediction. I really don't know what to believe now. Just a few days (not weeks) ago, they said that changes will be ready in a few weeks. So if I understand correctly, the moratorium is always just a few weeks away from being lifted, no matter how much time has passed already.

With this moratorium having lasted 6 weeks already, I can now confidently say that Kenney and his associates are dragging their feet on the issue of lifting this moratorium. Not only that, but they're constantly lying to us by giving us false expectations for the date when they'll lift the moratorium. I for one, have had enough of their lies, foot-dragging and their complete disregard for the people on whom they unleashed all this turmoil by imposing this moratorium.

jmj9273

May 24, 2014
Come on guys, let's just think positive with this moratorium and pray that the changes (if there's going to be) will be in favor of us.Everything has its own reason and purpose. let us not lose hope, God will provide and God is good all the time. He wont let us down. Keep the faith! :)

mark8

Feb 20, 2013
Hi guys any update in the moratorium? In my case i am in restoration status right now since april 17 (implied status expired) My work permit expired last march 15 and i have an application to AINP, i submit it last year of november i already recieved also the file number from AINP last December other than this, nothing. I just want to know if anyone here have the same situation with mine. any advice or help would be appreciated have a good day.God bless everyone

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmj9273 said:
Come on guys, let's just think positive with this moratorium and pray that the changes (if there's going to be) will be in favor of us.Everything has its own reason and purpose. let us not lose hope, God will provide and God is good all the time. He wont let us down. Keep the faith! :)
The fact of the matter is that Kenney doesn't give a flying toss about restaurant TFWs. He threw us all under the bus for political reasons. He'll probably never lift this moratorium.

Vincentlouise

Feb 27, 2014
Let us hope for the best and pray hard that sooner or later the
moretorium will be lifted.God works in a mysterious way. :)

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vincentlouise said:
Let us hope for the best and pray hard that sooner or later the
moretorium will be lifted.God works in a mysterious way. :)
Maybe the moratorium will be lifted before the 22nd of the month. The key word is, "maybe". I find it hard to trust what anyone says. On May 22, a CPC member of Parliament stated that they're looking at having a solution within the next month. If that's true, it would mean we're less than 12 days away from the end of the ban.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vincentlouise said:
what is thelatest news for the moratorium? anyone!! thanks:mad:
The latest news is that Kenney will announce his reforms "in the near future" with next Friday being the earliest possible date. Therefore we shouldn't expect anything during the next 7 days. Hopefully, they lift it by the end of this month so that life can finally stop sucking so hard for those of us who are caught up in the turmoil caused by this moratorium.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
stopDA said:
The latest news is that Kenney will announce his reforms "in the near future" with next Friday being the earliest possible date. Therefore we shouldn't expect anything during the next 7 days. Hopefully, they lift it by the end of this month so that life can finally stop sucking so hard for those of us who are caught up in the turmoil caused by this moratorium.
I'm just hoping that after the damn thing opens up again, we'll have a good chance in positive LMOs, as time is quite tight after all this delay

Jo3r1

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
04-02-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Passport Req..
DM 30-05-2015
LANDED..........
11-06-2015
Does anyone know what happens with the unused LMO's that have been issued to employers before the moratorium? I understand they were suspended, but will they be valid again after the moratorium has been lifted?

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beholder69 said:
I'm just hoping that after the damn thing opens up again, we'll have a good chance in positive LMOs, as time is quite tight after all this delay
Indeed.

Jo3r1 said:
Does anyone know what happens with the unused LMO's that have been issued to employers before the moratorium? I understand they were suspended, but will they be valid again after the moratorium has been lifted?
Well, my LMO is a pre-approved, unnamed LMO. As far as I know, people whose LMOs weren't yet approved got refunded weeks ago. However, those who have unused LMOs haven't been refunded. This might be an indicator that these LMOs will be valid again when the moratorium is over. ESDC has also stated that applications for work permits in the food service sector (using existing pre-moratorium LMOs) will resume once the moratorium is over. Therefore, I think it's highly likely that employers will be able to add names to their existing LMOs and use them for work permits as soon as the suspension is lifted. Giving refunds for LMOs that were approved months ago would probably be too cumbersome and time-consuming for Service Canada.