+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any updates on Moratorium?

mark8

Feb 20, 2013
Hi i have a question like me i am restoration status right now since april 17 i only have 90 days, that's until july 14. What happen to tfw already expired there permit and the moratoriom will be lifted, is there a chance to renew our contract? Because each month thousand of permit are going to expires how about the permit who expired before the moratorium is placed.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mark8 said:
Hi i have a question like me i am restoration status right now since april 17 i only have 90 days, that's until july 14. What happen to tfw already expired there permit and the moratoriom will be lifted, is there a chance to renew our contract? Because each month thousand of permit are going to expires how about the permit who expired before the moratorium is placed.
I'm not quite sure, but it looks like you're going to have to leave Canada if they don't lift this moratorium soon. Check the ESDC questions and answers page for more info:

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/q_a.shtml

The answer to question #13 indicates that you'll have to leave Canada.

Vincentlouise

Feb 27, 2014
hello everyone!!! i just want to ask if the ESDC suspended your
LMO is it possible they will add more requirements after the
moratorium? thanks :mad:

mark8

Feb 20, 2013
Thank you stopDA. I have question what if the moratorium will be lifted next week.and the the work permit will gonna expires at july, do you think the employer still need to apply an LMO? What if the employer don't have an open LMO. Because it more than 3 months if the employer gonna apply for LMO right?

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mark8 said:
Thank you stopDA. I have question what if the moratorium will be lifted next week.and the the work permit will gonna expires at july, do you think the employer still need to apply an LMO? What if the employer don't have an open LMO. Because it more than 3 months if the employer gonna apply for LMO right?
You'll have to leave and come back once you get your work permit through your employer's LMO. It will take months for your employer to get an LMO if they don't already have one.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mark8 said:
Hi guys any update in the moratorium ? I am from alberta thank you
The results of Kenney's phone survey were announced yesterday. Now he's finalizing his reforms to the program. He'll announce his changes any day now. I hope he also lifts the moratorium at the exact same time and that changes are generally favorable for us. The time is very near and I think it's quite possible we'll hear Kenney's reforms by the end of next week.

I'm not quite sure if Kenney's changes have yet been approved by the Cabinet, but as soon as the changes are finalized by both Kenney and the Cabinet, then he'll announce them. Most Cabinet MPs, including Stephen Harper are still in the House of Commons right now. However, they only have another 2 more days of parliamentary meetings left. After that, the Cabinet will have more free time to to finalize Kenney's changes if they haven't already done so. So hopefully, we hear something by the end of next week after the Cabinet has had enough free time to get their act together on lifting this moratorium.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014