+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any tips on Applying Work permit but LMIA is not issued yet?

sensy

Sep 25, 2014
Hi, everyone,

I want to make the cut for the Feb 28 visitor to work permit policy, but LMIA can't get done anyway by the date.

Any advice and tips how to apply work permit first and submit LMIA doc later?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, everyone,

I want to make the cut for the Feb 28 visitor to work permit policy, but LMIA can't get done anyway by the date.

You cannot apply until you have LMIA.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi, everyone,

The basis you’d be partially eligible for applying for the work permit would be a positive LMIA. You can’t put as the saying goes “ cart before the horse “

Reactions: Naturgrl

sensy

Sep 25, 2014
The basis you’d be partially eligible for applying for the work permit would be a positive LMIA. You can’t put as the saying goes “ cart before the horse “
I will probably get LMIA file number by then, can I put the number on work permit application then submit LMIA when I receive it?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I will probably get LMIA file number by then, can I put the number on work permit application then submit LMIA when I receive it?

“Proof of employment in Canada
For LMIA-exempt work permits: The Offer of Employment number (begins with the letter “A” and is followed by seven numbers). Your employer should give this to you,
OR

If you need an LMIA to work: A copy of Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from ESDC (your employer should give this to you), AND a copy of an employment contract from your future employer.”

You need a copy of the LMIA as the directions indicate

It needs to be a positive LMIA

Last edited: