+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any successful restoration of status?

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
I submitted an application for a restoration of status/work permit renewal on the 23rd of October 2012, up till now I haven't heard anything about ma application. When I call the call center they told me my application was sent to a special unit in charge of restoration and it takes 16weeks.

Have anybody had a successful restoration of status? And do they contact the employer? Please i await your replies.

gaminggecko28

Jan 3, 2013
Hi Klemzo

I have applied for restoration of status and extension of my student permit and off campus work permit on Nov 1st 2012. when i call cic they tell me to call them back in mid feb as they might have a answer then.
I know waiting for the permit and not doing anything is really hard.
But i guess all we can do is wait. I searched some old threads here and found that people usually get the permits in 4 months so assuming it to be next month.

But please keep me posted if u receive ur permit and i will keep u posted too.
Thanks

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Hey,

I haven't received mine yet, when I called they told me it will be dealt with by middle of February. I hope i get an answer soon, am tired of waiting. I will keep you guys posted when I hear anything from them and also you should also keep me updated. Thanks.

begaana

Jun 5, 2012
I'd also really like to hear from someone who's done this successfully. The forms are confusing us a bit.

Katie07

Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6,2013
AOR Received.
April 18,2013
LANDED..........
December 10,2008
I have the same situation here, I sent my restoration for work permit October 1st, 2012 until now I'm still waiting, I'm so stressed, paranoid and in panic now. :'(

gaminggecko28

Jan 3, 2013
katie07

Hey the restoration time is 16 weeks according to cic call centre. But for you its more than 16 weeks.
Did u try calling cic call centre and asking whats going on with ur file and how long will it take?

Katie07

Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6,2013
AOR Received.
April 18,2013
LANDED..........
December 10,2008
Yes I did, they keep telling me they're assessing my application and try to call them in two weeks or so, and I keep trying every two weeks but its always the same answer and then the last time I called was last week and they told me that I should get a result by beginning of march so right now I'm waiting, and panic.

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
I am in the same situation, applied for work permit renewal with restoration on October 23rd till now havent heard anything yet from them. I kept calling them every week, same story. Plz keep us updated when you get yours katie07

Katie07

Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6,2013
AOR Received.
April 18,2013
LANDED..........
December 10,2008
yeah, i have not received anything yet, im just hoping that it will be approved because i just need to have a legal status so i can apply for PR under family sponsorship because i am married with canadian citizen, i am really frustrated too because i screwed up, i should have applied for my sponsorship already last year since i have all my documents ready but i waited instead...

and Yes i would definitely keep u guys posted i will update here when i received any decision.

Katie07

Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6,2013
AOR Received.
April 18,2013
LANDED..........
December 10,2008
Hi I am new here in the forum, I applied for my restoration of work permit october 1,2012 through online application, my work permit expired last september 03,2012 and right now im still waiting for decision, i am very stressed now because i know its been more than 16 weeks and I tried contacting CIC to verify the status of my application and they cant provide me any answers yet, they keep telling me to call after 2 weeks, my question is can i apply for family class sponsorship right now even if theres no decision yet from my restoration of work permit? I am married to canadian citizen for almost a year now we've been leaving together for more than 2 years.

one of the questions at the online application is,
Do any of these situations apply to you?
-stayed canada longer than you are allowed to stay
-attended school without authorization
-worked without authorization
-violated any of your conditions

I actually answered stayed in canada longer than you are allowed to stay but i actually didn't, the thing is last 2011 my work permit from my previous employer expired sept. 28,2011 and resigned for that employer but he applied for renewal of my work permit, before i quit the job and i found a new employer that time by november 2011 i got my new work permit for my new employer, I thought that i stayed longer than I'm allowed to stay because my work permit expired sept. 28 and didn't get the new work permit nov 2011, and so i assumed that i was overstaying that time but i didnt realize that i was implied status, my question is do i need to call CIC and explain to theat i didnt really stayed longer than im allowed to stay?

please any suggestions?thanks

Katie07

Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6,2013
AOR Received.
April 18,2013
LANDED..........
December 10,2008
Hello, I just called cic today and get update about my restoration and still no decision for my application but good news I can apply for spousal sponsorship even if there's no decision yet on my restoration so right now I will make sure all my documents are complete and up to date, just to share this to everyone the cic agent said that even I I got refused, I don't wanted to happen but she said in case I got refused for my work permit restoration and ask to leave the country she said I don't have to because since I have permanent resident applied. Thank god I'm so relief now, I'm still worried but at least there's option for me not to leave canada an not to be away From my husband.

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Sweet I hope all works well for you. I wonder why they are so slow in processing the restoration of status. Thanks for the update, keep us posted. Thanks.

Katie07

Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6,2013
AOR Received.
April 18,2013
LANDED..........
December 10,2008
Hi guys, I just have good news I called the immigration yesterday and I have my work permit approved!!! Yayyy hope you guys get yours too!!!

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Nice....am so happy for you :D. Did they contact your employer to inquire any information? Did they give you any reason why the delay? At least i have some hope knowing yours was approved. I applied October 23rd, hope i get mine atleast end of the month.

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
where you working before your working permit expired? How many years did they approve you for your new work permit?