+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any study permit 2022 applicants from Ghana or applied through Accra visa office

Ephya_b

Apr 22, 2022
I applied for my student permit in Jan 5th 2022, did my biometrics on the 6th Jan 2022, I have still not heard anything since now. And it is passed their processing time too.

What can I do.

The wait is killing me.

marty90

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
I applied for my student permit in Jan 5th 2022, did my biometrics on the 6th Jan 2022, I have still not heard anything since now. And it is passed their processing time too.

What can I do.

The wait is killing me.
raise a webform

marty90

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
funny thing is when movement starts to happen on our profiles and PPRs start coming through you wont see a single Ghanaian coming back to update on these forums . I dont know if its cz of our spiritual mindset lol.. no one can take away your PPR ( we all have anonymous accounts here and there's no witch or wizard either lol) …please when we get updates lets come back to update on the forum to help others . If Ghanaians study permit applicants where updating on these forums regularly we would have all been aware of such delays and applied at least 5 months ahead of time and also know the chances of approvals or rejection and to know the mistakes to avoid .

Mkisrael

Feb 2, 2022
funny thing is when movement starts to happen on our profiles and PPRs start coming through you wont see a single Ghanaian coming back to update on these forums . I dont know if its cz of our spiritual mindset lol.. no one can take away your PPR ( we all have anonymous accounts here and there's no witch or wizard either lol) …please when we get updates lets come back to update on the forum to help others . If Ghanaians study permit applicants where updating on these forums regularly we would have all been aware of such delays and applied at least 5 months ahead of time and also know the chances of approvals or rejection and to know the mistakes to avoid .
Exactly. It would've helped us in planning. For sometime, I thought I was the only one who had applied from Ghana. No threads, nothing. Had to do a lot of research and eventually ended up on niaraland. I think we're too reserved.

KingTwum

Apr 26, 2022
Yes
Timeline
Submitted -11th January
Biometrics - 13th January
Upfront medical passed - 10th February
No update since then. Please share your timeline. Thanks

submitted -11th January
Biometrics- 13th January
Review of medical results-17th January

Nothing since

My course begins this May and I am been told by my student advisor to take up online class, then send a web form with my enrollment letter. What do you guys think

Abdullahi98

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
If
submitted -11th January
Biometrics- 13th January

Nothing since

My course begins this May and I am been told by my student advisor to take up online class, then send a web form with my enrollment letter. What do you guys think
If you do that and get a refusal,no refund for you.

Reactions: KingTwum

marty90

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
submitted -11th January
Biometrics- 13th January

Nothing since

i think its good idea . Gives you a stronger case as you cant be refused on ‘purpose of visit’. It shows you are true intending student and not only intending to immigrate . As long as there’s educational/ career progression in the course selected and finances are good , i believe you will get PPR

Mkisrael

Feb 2, 2022
submitted -11th January
Biometrics- 13th January

Nothing since

If it's possible to defer to a different start date still in the summer term or fall term, I'll suggest you do that. They can send a deferral letter or a new LOA then you forward to ircc. Online classes are a bit challenging and I don't know of your school's refund policy.

KingTwum

Apr 26, 2022
i think its good idea . Gives you a stronger case as you cant be refused on ‘purpose of visit’. It shows you are true intending student and not only intending to immigrate . As long as there’s educational/ career progression in the course selected and finances are good , i believe you will get PPR
Exactly what I was told by the student advisor. He claims lots of people end up getting lost in the system. Hence once I begin the online class, it will show my true intent. Well I wish everybody the best in their application. Hopefully everybody gets an answer soon. Should I get any information from the ircc, I will share it with you guys. Thanks a lot

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Exactly what I was told by the student advisor. He claims lots of people end up getting lost in the system. Hence once I begin the online class, it will show my true intent. Well I wish everybody the best in their application. Hopefully everybody gets an answer soon. Should I get any information from the ircc, I will share it with you guys. Thanks a lot
Before starting to study online while waiting for an answer on your application, make sure you read thoroughly your university refund policies and the deadlines. In some cases, they won't refund you if you are past the 10th day of studies, regardless of the result of your application. In other cases, they will refund you only if your study permit was refused. In other cases, they won't refund you no matter what.

In short, make sure you understand you university / college refund policies and plan accordingly.