+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any study permit 2021 applicants from Ghana or applied through Accra visa office

studypermitMay21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi guys,

I landed in Canada a few days ago to begin my program and I thought to let you know the following:

1. Please kindly try and pay at least the first semester of your fees and have receipts to show for the payment. I was asked at the border if I had paid my fees and when I said yes, they requested to see receipts. I showed them the SWIFT advice from the bank and a receipt from the school.

2. If 14 days prior to your arrival in Canada, you have taken both shots of the AstraZeneca-COVISHIELD vaccine administered in Ghana, then at the border, you would not be asked to quarantine. You'll however take an arrival test at the airport or they'll give you an At-Home testing kit with which you'll collect your samples under online guidance from a health professional and then you post samples using a pre-paid envelope pack. You must submit your samples within 24 hours of arrival. Well, I had to go back to the airport the following day for my samples to be taken by them for the arrival test, so you might as well insist they take your sample at the airport instead of giving you the At-Home testing kit.

3. You will need to take a COVID PCR test in the 3 days leading up to your arrival in Canada. I took my test at AKAI House on a Thursday and left Ghana on a Friday and arrived in Canada on a Saturday. Opt for the same day COVID testing service for convenience.

4. Use the ArriveCan app to submit your information before you arrive in Canada. I did that 24 hours before I left Ghana. You'd be asked to submit your vaccination records if you are fully vaccinated. I had to use the PC based ArriveCan to upload that information. Ensure your vaccination records show when you scan the bar code at the back of your vaccination card. If they don't show, then get a vaccination confirmation letter from the Ministry of Health Head Office at Ridge. At the departure hall of KOTOKA, your records can be updated but get the letter just in case.

5. If you are transiting through the UK, kindly fill a passenger locator form up to 48 hours before your arrival in the UK. BA will notify you to do all of that. Just giving you heads up.

6. And still have a quarantine plan if you are fully vaccinated and you believe you qualify for the quarantine exemption. I booked a room on campus for 2 weeks but my school didn't let me pay upfront for it.

Kindly refer to the relevant government pages for new updates on the above.

All the best to all who are waiting for their Visas.

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
Hi guys,

I landed in Canada a few days ago to begin my program and I thought to let you know the following:

1. Please kindly try and pay at least the first semester of your fees and have receipts to show for the payment. I was asked at the border if I had paid my fees and when I said yes, they requested to see receipts. I showed them the SWIFT advice from the bank and a receipt from the school.

2. If 14 days prior to your arrival in Canada, you have taken both shots of the AstraZeneca-COVISHIELD vaccine administered in Ghana, then at the border, you would not be asked to quarantine. You'll however take an arrival test at the airport or they'll give you an At-Home testing kit with which you'll collect your samples under online guidance from a health professional and then you post samples using a pre-paid envelope pack. You must submit your samples within 24 hours of arrival. Well, I had to go back to the airport the following day for my samples to be taken by them for the arrival test, so you might as well insist they take your sample at the airport instead of giving you the At-Home testing kit.

3. You will need to take a COVID PCR test in the 3 days leading up to your arrival in Canada. I took my test at AKAI House on a Thursday and left Ghana on a Friday and arrived in Canada on a Saturday. Opt for the same day COVID testing service for convenience.

4. Use the ArriveCan app to submit your information before you arrive in Canada. I did that 24 hours before I left Ghana. You'd be asked to submit your vaccination records if you are fully vaccinated. I had to use the PC based ArriveCan to upload that information. Ensure your vaccination records show when you scan the bar code at the back of your vaccination card. If they don't show, then get a vaccination confirmation letter from the Ministry of Health Head Office at Ridge. At the departure hall of KOTOKA, your records can be updated but get the letter just in case.

5. If you are transiting through the UK, kindly fill a passenger locator form up to 48 hours before your arrival in the UK. BA will notify you to do all of that. Just giving you heads up.

6. And still have a quarantine plan if you are fully vaccinated and you believe you qualify for the quarantine exemption. I booked a room on campus for 2 weeks but my school didn't let me pay upfront for it.

Thanks so much for this info.

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
Thanks so much for this info.
Hi guys,

Is your class online or in person for the fall term?

MICHOSEI

Aug 11, 2021
Please, I applied for my study visa on April 17, 2021 and did my biometrics on April 23, 2021. I even sent a webform to IRCC on July 15, 2021 but up to date I haven't received any update or decision on my application. My program starts this September and I need to be on campus by the end of this month to be part of Teaching Assistantship Orientation because I was awarded an Assistantship position. Please, what can I do about this?

38bxiy

Jul 20, 2021
Hi guys,

Thank you for the detailed info and all the best in Canada.

Please i wish to make an inquiry, how long did it take for you to receive your stamped Passport after sending to Visa Office and please did you submit it through VAC or directly to Embassy.

Thank you.

Reactions: studypermitMay21

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021

Please i wish to make an inquiry, how long did it take for you to receive your stamped Passport after sending to Visa Office and please did you submit it through VAC or directly to Embassy.

Thank you.
Have you PPR?

studypermitMay21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021

Thank you.
It took two(2) weeks for me to get my stamped passport back. I submitted my passport through VAC

Reactions: 38bxiy