+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ANY SELF EMPLOYED APPLICANTS OUT THERE?

sandeepbhargav

Sep 24, 2013
Hello Guys
I am from india
I am trying to figure out how long the PR processing time is for applicant for Quebec self employed business immigration program.

Interested in knowing the processing time once CSQ have been received and the federal application have been forwarded to a visa office abroad.

looking at processing time tables provided by CIC, it is only Paris office which have provided average processing time and the rest have no information with following explanation

(-) indicates that not enough data are available. Processing times are shown only where an office has finalized 10 or more cases in the past 12 months.

BanglaBoy

Sep 27, 2012
Michigan, USA
Hello from Bangladesh.

My mother is a Celebrity Singer in Bangladesh with an illustrative career of 25 years (that makes up for 35 points). She is a two time national award winning singer (Rabindra, Nazrul, Country song and modern) with lots of awards, media coverage, features, mixed albums, solo albums etc. She (as the principal applicant) wants to immigrate to Canada under the recently resumed Self Employed scheme (as a musician/singer/vocalist). She is 44 years old (that makes up for another 10 points)and has a Masters degree in Music (another 25 points). My father is a govt official (deputy secretary). I have an younger brother. I'm to get married this coming month. So my (future) spouse will be added in the family members' list. Me, my (future) spouse and my brother are all under 22. So, 3 dependents in the family and all are students. Now the question is, is she qualified? (I think yes, since the minimum required is 35 and she scores a 70 only by her experience, age and education).

Now the main thing I want to know is - WHERE CAN I FIND CHEAP, REASONABLE, EXPERIENCED & PROFESSIONAL HELP IN BANGLADESH FOR IMMIGRATION TO CANADA IN SELF-EMPLOYED CATEGORY?

I KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE TO IMMIGRATE WITHOUT ANY PROFESSIONAL IMMIGRATION REPRESENTATIVE BUT I WON'T BE IN BANGLADESH AFTER DECEMBER 2013 BECAUSE I'M GOING TO THE USA AS A STUDENT (F1 VISA). CAN ANYONE HELP??

oldmanmurray

Aug 16, 2013
As a heads up, I figured I would update people on our progress...

My boyfriend is from Seattle, and applied through the Self-Employment Visa to come to Vancouver, Canada.
He's a designer and developer, (web apps, games, websites) so he has design, programming and a business background. He went to art school, and worked at several agencies over the years, and has only been self-employed for 3 or so years.

He sent in his application in January of 2013, and in early September 2013 we got an email asking for a few more pieces of documentation before continuing to process his application, including letters of reference, and income tax statements for the last 5 years. (Luckily he'd had all of that from when he was considering applying for federal skilled worker.)

He sent that in mid September, and today we just got an email that his in-person interview is waived for now, and he needs to send payment for his Permanent Visa, and will need to take a medical.

Well holy, crap it seems like it might actually happen! We were expecting to wait a few years for this whole process to go down, so it's pretty exciting to see this moving along.

Anyone else in the same boat, and have you done your medical already? I'd love to know how much time it takes once the medical is done and approved!

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
@oldmanmurray,
That is remarkably fast.... Congratulations!!

Medicals are only valid for 12 months from the date they are prepared so once your medicals are done you are required to land in Canada with your PR within 12 months. If you don't, your PR visa will be invalid.

There have been reported cases of medicals expiring before the applicant gets the PR but that is not the norm. So you should be looking at no more than 12 months more!

dima74

Nov 11, 2013
Hello everyone

We applied on August 28 but still no reply and no CC charge from CIO in Sydney. Can you guys share your processing times @ CIO Sydney. I was following the spreadsheet for FSW as I thought the documents are initially in the same pile, do you think it is true?

Linda2004

May 15, 2013
dima74 said:
Hello everyone

We applied on August 28 but still no reply and no CC charge from CIO in Sydney. Can you guys share your processing times @ CIO Sydney. I was following the spreadsheet for FSW as I thought the documents are initially in the same pile, do you think it is true?
Hello, dima74

We sent our application in Dec. 2012 and got "Application received" in early March 2013. So it takes a few months to get your confirmation.

I have the same question as yours. Will VO officers in Sydney assess Self-employe documents the same way as they assess the FSW applications?

If we are charged for the processing fee and receive confirmation, does that mean we pass the eligibility screening for sel-employed ? I heard many cases are refused because they do not meet the self-employed definition.

Can anyone share some opinions about my question? Really appreciated!

dima74

Nov 11, 2013
Linda2004 said:
Hello, dima74

We sent our application in Dec. 2012 and got "Application received" in early March 2013. So it takes a few months to get your confirmation.

I have the same question as yours. Will VO officers in Sydney assess Self-employe documents the same way as they assess the FSW applications?

If we are charged for the processing fee and receive confirmation, does that mean we pass the eligibility screening for sel-employed ? I heard many cases are refused because they do not meet the self-employed definition.

Hello Linda
Thank you for replying. According to their CIC website, Sydney is the first small step where they indeed verify the eligibility and check the completeness of the documents but your VO will have to do it again in a more dramatic manner.

I hope others will chime in with positive news as I believe things should speed up sooner or later. We are such a small group of people and they keep us waiting for years, it doesn't make sense.

dima74

Nov 11, 2013
Is there anyone in SE category who applied in 2013? Can you please provide your dates for Sydney NS, such as Application received, payment encashed, PER and AOR?

ubaid0092

Nov 20, 2013
Linda2004 said:
Hello, dima74

hye Dima please share me some information u apply in dec 2012 and got conformation in march 2013 its take just 4 month , please tell how much net worth funds with attach your application

ubaid0092

Nov 20, 2013
PeeJay65 said:
Thanks Linda. I've been on the ECAS system soooo many times and it just says my application is not found which really worries me :-[

I have my letter of receipt, complete with file number and client ID etc but there seems to be nothing on the ECAS system yet.

Following your advice though, I have emailed my representative asking them to get my CAIPS note for me.
hello Peejay u can tell me when u apply the self employed immigiration and tell me some details about funds

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nansspnosa said:
Hello,

Just recently joined. I applied as self employed last March 2013 and my application was received April 12, 2013 and was sent to Manila. Until now no updates received. Just want to know ihakbal of your status

Hi how are you ? plz guide one thing, Can someone apply as self employed immigration any time in the year ? My friend wants to apply self employed immigration in Jan 2014. Is it ok ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

staralihaider said:

Hi how are you ? plz guide one thing, Can someone apply as self employed immigration any time in the year ? My friend wants to apply self employed immigration in Jan 2014. Is it ok ?
Any day, except thursdays.