+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ANY SELF EMPLOYED APPLICANTS OUT THERE?

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
If you applied as self employed let's get in touch here. I was told by the Damascus office that they are giving priority to skilled worker applicants following the minister's directions. let's discuss what's happening with our applications.
applied August 2006 and nothing heard form them since except standard replies of nothing new for any e-mail I send.
Thanks,
Ihabkal

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
ihabkal said:
If you applied as self employed let's get in touch here. I was told by the Damascus office that they are giving priority to skilled worker applicants following the minister's directions. let's discuss what's happening with our applications.
applied August 2006 and nothing heard form them since except standard replies of nothing new for any e-mail I send.
Thanks,
Ihabkal
I'm not sure what the minister's directions were with regard to self employed, but I got in as self-employed on the timeline you can see under my name.

Reactions: CarlosOjeda

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
I appplied in August 2006 to Damascus and waiting, I know people who applied same time and they are getting their medicals now (also Damascus), I aske dthe Damascus people about why they ar enot serving people in order of application receipt they said they are following minister's directions.

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
U will soon get the request for medicals,as u have applied in 2006 so self employed's 80% cases are processed between 50 - 65 months,so accordingly u will soon be requested for medicals (HOPEFULY) ........ :)

nansspnosa

Apr 23, 2013
Hello,

Just recently joined. I applied as self employed last March 2013 and my application was received April 12, 2013 and was sent to Manila. Until now no updates received. Just want to know ihakbal of your status

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
@nansspnosa : Relax dear .......... at the moment all Canadian Foreign service officers are on strike ........ so chillax as its gonna take alot of time !

Linda2004

May 15, 2013
ihabkal said:
I appplied in August 2006 to Damascus and waiting, I know people who applied same time and they are getting their medicals now (also Damascus), I aske dthe Damascus people about why they ar enot serving people in order of application receipt they said they are following minister's directions.
Hello, happy to connect with everyone here.
It is not easy to find self employed applicants as it seems like a very small group.

I submitted my application to CIO in Dec. 2012(last year) and have not received any update so far except APPLICATION RECEIVED.

I just received my CAIPS notes and found my bring forward date would be March 2014. Does anyone know how long I will wait to have my case completed?

I also wonder if CIC will process self employed applications as similar as FSW workers? So can we expect that they will process our applications faster than before?

My other question is will CIO do the front-end screening of our files? If they forward our files to the local visa offices, does that mean we meet the eligibility requirement of SELF EMPLOYED CATEGORY?

Look forward to any advice! Wish everyone good luck!

PeeJay65

Aug 3, 2013
Hi Linda, Hi guys... I've just joined the forum tonight and I have to admit, it's not really doing my confidence any good! Hearing the stories on here makes me really down :-[

I applied for a Self Employed visa to the London office in Feb 2011 using a Canadian Immigration lawyer. My lawyer told me back then I'd be waiting at least 4-5 years and this was before all the changes and the strike! I received my application acceptance and payment receipt (This is when the process time begins) in June 2011 and, as of yet, over two years on, I have heard nothing since and I am not even showing on the system.

I can't believe we're just expected to sit and wait for years and years and that we're not allowed to actually speak to someone at the visa office... it's ridiculous!

Linda2004

May 15, 2013
PeeJay65 said:
Hi Linda, Hi guys... I've just joined the forum tonight and I have to admit, it's not really doing my confidence any good! Hearing the stories on here makes me really down :-[

I applied for a Self Employed visa to the London office in Feb 2011 using a Canadian Immigration lawyer. My lawyer told me back then I'd be waiting at least 4-5 years and this was before all the changes and the strike! I received my application acceptance and payment receipt (This is when the process time begins) in June 2011 and, as of yet, over two years on, I have heard nothing since and I am not even showing on the system.

I can't believe we're just expected to sit and wait for years and years and that we're not allowed to actually speak to someone at the visa office... it's ridiculous!
Hello, welcome to join us here.

Is your status on the website " Application Received" now? You can order CAPIS note to know the details about your case, especially your bring forward date which means when your application will be processed by a real visa officer.

Please check CAPIS note on this forum.

Hope this helps...

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
qwerbilzak said:
I'm not sure what the minister's directions were with regard to self employed, but I got in as self-employed on the timeline you can see under my name.
Hi
Can u describe the trade u applied with? and other related information like amount declared,place to hire or purchase etc.
just want to understand their process, have same question for others too.

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
ihabkal said:
Hi there
what was your occupation when you applied? can you mention some other details as well?

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
rock_khan said:
U will soon get the request for medicals,as u have applied in 2006 so self employed's 80% cases are processed between 50 - 65 months,so accordingly u will soon be requested for medicals (HOPEFULY) ........ :)
Rock khan
where are u from? what did u apply with? kindly mention some relevant detail.I want to understand the self employed process before applying so as to not commit mistakes of others :-\

PeeJay65

Aug 3, 2013
Linda2004 said:
Hello, welcome to join us here.

Is your status on the website " Application Received" now? You can order CAPIS note to know the details about your case
Hi Linda, when you say "application received"... on which website do you mean the CIC one? When I try to check online with my client id/UCI number it just says "application not found" but I received my uci/receipt over 2 years ago.

Linda2004

May 15, 2013
PeeJay65 said:
Hi Linda, when you say "application received"... on which website do you mean the CIC one? When I try to check online with my client id/UCI number it just says "application not found" but I received my uci/receipt over 2 years ago.
Hi

You can check it via E-cas from CIC's public website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

Hope it helps...

PeeJay65

Aug 3, 2013
Thanks Linda. I've been on the ECAS system soooo many times and it just says my application is not found which really worries me :-[

I have my letter of receipt, complete with file number and client ID etc but there seems to be nothing on the ECAS system yet.

Following your advice though, I have emailed my representative asking them to get my CAIPS note for me.