+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any rejections due to name on supporting document

davidbaek90

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Dear friends,

Has anyone had their apps rejected due to name issue for such reason? or got their apps approve even with minor mistake?

-My paystub for 6 months showed my nickname (not a passport name, just english name instead of my ethnic name). After than my paystub shows my passport name and english name in bracket.

-On my passport my first name has two syllables separated by a space (all part of my first name e.g Sung Jin). On my bachelor's degree the two syllables are put together without space (e.g. Sungjin). Would this cause any conflicts? should I write a LoE? stating what...

-My employee reference letter includes my passport name as well as my "not-legal but english friendly" name "David".

Please share your experience.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
davidbaek90 said:
Dear friends,

Has anyone had their apps rejected due to name issue for such reason? or got their apps approve even with minor mistake?

-My paystub for 6 months showed my nickname (not a passport name, just english name instead of my ethnic name). After than my paystub shows my passport name and english name in bracket.

-On my passport my first name has two syllables separated by a space (all part of my first name e.g Sung Jin). On my bachelor's degree the two syllables are put together without space (e.g. Sungjin). Would this cause any conflicts? should I write a LoE? stating what...

-My employee reference letter includes my passport name as well as my "not-legal but english friendly" name "David".

Should not but i see no harm in an LoE.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Submit a LOE to be safe. I have a similar problem and planning on dong the same.

cannewmem

Jan 17, 2018
Hi, I am in similar situation. In few documents my first name is "aaa bbb",in others it is "aaa", and in few others it is "aaabbb".

Ufa6174, davidbaek90 or anyone who is looking at this form....
Can you please share your experience of your application process with those name conflicts ?
Did you write Letter of explanation for it? and did you answer "Yes" to the question where it asks "have you used any other names"?

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
Hi, I am in similar situation. In few documents my first name is "aaa bbb",in others it is "aaa", and in few others it is "aaabbb".

Ufa6174, davidbaek90 or anyone who is looking at this form....
Can you please share your experience of your application process with those name conflicts ?
Did you write Letter of explanation for it? and did you answer "Yes" to the question where it asks "have you used any other names"?
Same issue; my name is either shortened or spelled differently on several documents. Was not really concerned except with my ECA from WES which had actually made a note on the report stating the name is shorter than the one on my passport. For that I requested a letter from my university stating something to the effect of "this is the same person as passport holder no.xxxxx". I attached that with an LOE and hope it is sufficient. However, as my application is still under process I cannot say with 100% certainty.
And I answered No to that question, as I don't consider not using my entire full name (which is 6 names strung together :eek:) as having a different name.

Hope that helps and good luck.

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Dear friends,

Not an issue,, just explain in LOE.

To be super safe,, make an affidavit with both names( full and nick name) and atteched with LOE.

cannewmem

Jan 17, 2018
Hi,
where to make an affidavit and what is the process? The shortened version names are not considered nick names.Right?
If the first name has 2 words with a space and in some documents only one word is printed as first name, it shouldn't considered nick name. Right?
Because if it is considered nick name, then for the question "have you used any other names, one should say "Yes". Please suggest