+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any reason why CIC takes 3 months to deliver PR Card

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Just wondering why CIC takes such a long time to deliver PR card of the immigrants while the immigration process, for getting the PR, takes care of all the details and background checks beforehand?

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Just wondering why CIC takes such a long time to deliver PR card of the immigrants while the immigration process, for getting the PR, takes care of all the details and background checks beforehand?
The PR card renewal processing time is beginning to balloon-out it seems (111 days as of checking on IRCC's site yesterday).

We can apply for PR card renewal once we're within 9 (nine) months of our current one's expiry date.

Mine's set to expire in March, so I'm going to apply for its renewal next month unless my citizenship application miraculously starts moving, hehe.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Easy, a lot of people that were 4 years into their PR card when applied for citizenship , now those people realized they won’t get the citizenship before the expiration of PR given the slow processing of citizenship application

Reactions: ChippyBoy

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
PR renewal also go through residency checks...It is easier for us to assume that they are not doing anything but actually they receive more volume at times which slows down. In addition.. I have seen PR cards, renewal happening way before what they list for timelines.

CanadaSimple

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
That's what I'm saying - they have a random number of staff not related in any way to the number of applications. So in most cases the staff is either idle or overloaded. There is no supply-demand mechanism involved.

Reactions: ChippyBoy

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
dealing with supply and demand is not as simple as we may think. Hire when demand goes up and fire when it goes down is not how it works

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
That's what I'm saying - they have a random number of staff not related in any way to the number of applications. So in most cases the staff is either idle or overloaded. There is no supply-demand mechanism involved.
Neither, apparently, is there any kind of Operations Research team at IRCC which would bat-through straightforward applications to alleviate the backlog and boost their productivity. That won't be a good idea, of course, unless and until some promotion-hungry middle manager thinks of it for herself, hehe.

CanadaSimple

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
The fix for this problem is simple and cheap. Just scan all the documents at the port of exit and send them to the database. That's what a lot of other even not that developed countries do. This will make residence requirement check as fast a few clicks.

Reactions: JPBless

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
The PR card renewal processing time is beginning to balloon-out it seems (111 days as of checking on IRCC's site yesterday).

We can apply for PR card renewal once we're within 9 (nine) months of our current one's expiry date.

Mine's set to expire in March, so I'm going to apply for its renewal next month unless my citizenship application miraculously starts moving, hehe.
Wow... it was at 63 days when I renewed mine last October (for the last time!).

A.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Wow... it was at 63 days when I renewed mine last October (for the last time!).

A.
Yup. PR card renewal is shaping-up as the next disaster. Time for a Cabinet re-shuffle, Mr. Prime Minister; Mssrs. Hussen & Goodale, in particular.

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........