Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Pippin said:
i am not an expert, but I don't know how the employer would get a new LMIA without advertising the position and proving there were no local applicants who qualified.
NAMI 13

kinda catch ur question now -

"Answer is Yes - its a tricky way to gain 600 points

let employer advertise position on a noc b level - upon expiry of ads - employer has to offer the same position to the applicant - promoting her to role and prove no local talent available

esdc wil come bk strongly to employer asking to prove skill transfers and employability factors - let employer be welll prepared

good luck

Bothafamily

Mar 18, 2015
I'm in the process of creating our Express Entry profile and have a question relating to the work history section. Is it necessary to include complete work history since high school? My husband is the principal applicant and I'm wondering in his case should I just be including his work experience related to his skill that enabled him to get the working visa?

priya1088

Mar 14, 2015
shammi20 said:
Hi All,

Please tell me how to calculate points of IELTS for EE.

My score is L7.5 R6.0 W 7.0 S6.0

Thanks
88 if you are Single
83 if you are Married/applying with common-law partner

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
EE # DRAW (5)

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on March 20, 2015 and ending on March 21, 2015 is 1620.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on March 20, 2015 at 23:59:53 UTC, have been assigned a total of 481 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Hi again!

OK so with the 5th draw at 481, it's now possible that I might get an ITA sooner than I thought (465 points). So I have a pretty important question regarding proof of funds.

I'm still saving to get the required minimum. However I have a car that I intend to sell before I move. If I get an ITA and I sell my car at that time to meet the required minimum, would this be accepted?

Also, any experiences with doing a cash transfer from a credit card to increase funds?

Thanks!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Proof of funds has to be your money, not borrowed. If you do not have a job offer to go to, this money is your safety net and will help you settle until you get hired. They can ask for last six months bank statements, too.

HRDJ

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Hello All,

I would like to apply express entry with two separate profile means one profile my wife will be primary applicant and I will be dependent. In another profile I will be primary applicant and my wife will be dependent. we are applying both in different NOC. Can we apply the same ? Is there any guidelines that we can create only one profile. Seeking your inputs.

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Thanks

So I guess I wasn't specific enough with my questions regarding lack of funds. I understand that having funds to help adjust to life in Canada and I'll definitely have this because I plan to sell my car and rent out my house (and I'm already building up savings). However, I need to know what I can do to prove funds at the time of application following receiving an ITA.

Considering that arriving in Canada is likely to be at least 6 months following the ITA, surely proof of funds at the time of landing is more important? Anyway, I know I'll have more than enough at landing but am struggling at the moment to prove funds for application.

So, my specific questions...

1) If I sell my car when I receive ITA, is it a problem if I only deposit funds to meet the minimum funds just before submitting my application? (I'll have proof of sale etc).

2) I've read a lot into this and people seem to be divided as to whether CIC will consider credit card debts when looking at proof of funds. Can anyone confirm this definitively?

Thanks

Mahmednaeem

Feb 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2015
Hello!! Dears, Need your kind help. I am confused...... :eek: ...... plz help me and calculate CRS score by using your expertise....

Education as per WES--ECA report : Bachelors (04 years)
Language (CLBC--7) (Reading 7.5, Speaking 8, Listening 7.5, Writing 6)
Work Experience (Local): 4 Years (4152, Social Worker)

Spouse:
IELTS (CLBC-6)

Plz calculate CRS Score..........

PKG92

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 02,2014
LANDED..........
since 2011
HERE IS ONE QUESTION .

can i say yes if i have full time job .but so far no LMIA .
please answer

pash_2012

Mar 10, 2015
In regards to Proof of Funds:

I currently don't posses the amount required in my account directly. But my father has tax declared Gold Bullion from his retirement funds. He is willing to transfer me some of it. If required with relevant paperworks too. I can either liquidate it and transfer the amount into my account or else prove that I own the Physical Gold Bullion with relevant legal paperworks.

In any case I would be legal owner of it, as per my fathers written declaration.

My first question can I declare ownership of Gold Bullion with relevant valuation paperworks as Liquid Movable Asset or Proof of Funds?

If not, then now that I legally own it, I can sell it and transfer the sum into my bank account, but in the process I will have huge inflow/deposit into my account in a very short period of time. Can this source of money be explained with cover letter and sale paperworks?

Finally now that I have the money in my account would it be an issue as the required maintenance amount would only have been in my account for a few days or week instead of the required 6 months?

PS: I haven't got ITA yet. With CRS438 I am hoping for it by June. if I start the Gold sale process, it will still take me 10 more days ATLEAST to get all that money into my account. Hence the amount will only have been there in my account for two months before I send them my POF after my ITA HOPEFULLY in JUNE!

Please Advice!

nscottawa

Mar 21, 2015
Hi: I am in the process of building my Express Entry profile. I ran into a few question and would very much appreciate your input.

background info: My NOC code: 3233 Licenses Practical Nurse. I hold a post-graduation work permit (expired in July 2015) and have been working in a health care institution for more than one year. My original job offer with them did not have an end date. But last month I informed my workplace about the expiry date of my work permit; then they modified my job offer to end in July. My employer did not apply for LMIA for my temp job offer.

I am not sure how to answer the following questions.

Q1. Under "Work History",

- Which of these categories does xx's job fall under? There are 3 options: no work permit required; 2. work permit required; no LMIA required; 3. work permit and LMIA required. I am not sure if I should choose 2 or 3.

Q2. under "Intended work in Canada",

-q2.1 "Does XXX have a job offer in Canada?" My answer-> "YES".
-q2.2 "Is this job offer for full-time non-seasonal and permanent work? My answer-> "No"".
-q2.3 "Is this job offer for full-time continuous work and at least one year?" My answer-> "NO".

Do you think my above answers are correct? Should I answer Yes for the last question? Also, does the job offer in question mean one that has a positive LMIA?

Q3. Under "Information about the LMIA",

-q3.1 Was a positive LMIA issued for the job offer in Canada? My answer-> "NO".
-q3.2 Is XX currently working in Canada? My answer-> "YES".
-q3.3 Does xxx have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? My answer ->"YES".
-q3.4 "Is XX's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?" My answer-> "NO" (Reason: I have a post-graduation work permit (which is open, no specific employer, no NOC code). Four digit NOC code of current work permit? (I can't pick any NOC because there is no NOC on my current work permit). The system kept showing error for "Four Digit NOC code of current work permit". Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Thanks very much.

J n J

Mar 22, 2015
hi there,

Have recd ECA from WES with Canadian equivalency as Bachelor of Architecture and in comments, its mentioned that this qualification is First entry level Professional degree in India.
Was wondering that while creating the profile, should go for professional degree or bachelors degree, in education column..... makes huge difference in CRS.....

Can anybody help on this ?

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Filling in Job Experience details

Dear Experts,

I have sent in my EE profile. In the Job Experience forms I have written all my employments and employers eg:

1) XYX Bank - Sep 2005- May 2008
2) WWW Financial Investment - June 2011- Dec 2012

There is a gap between 2008 and 2010 as I was unemployed because I had my baby and opted not to work during those 3 years.

Should I have mentioned that in the form as in

3) Unemployed June 2008 - May 2011

Is that required under EE? My profile has been accepted but I don't want to be seen as misrepresenting ( even though I know I am not misrepresenting - I am just not mentioning periods of unemployment as didn't think it was necessary)

Kindly advise

Thank you