+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

flystanny

Mar 14, 2012
briandg said:
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....
Hello Briandg,

I need help please. I have a BSC in Accounting , plus a professional certificate (ACCA) which is the awarded by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants UK. However there is a Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) between ACCA and CGA Canada (Certified General Accountants). I have applied to CGA and will be getting the certificate in a few days time. So my question is this. Does the certificate from CGA qualify for points under the requirement of a "Certificate issued by a Canadian territory"?

Is there anyone in my same situation? I plan to include it because it adds a whooping 50 points to my CRS score.

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Hi,

Im in canada at the moment, registered for EE got 535 points. If I get called for ITA but my work permit expires in the mean time would i be elligable to apply for a bridge permit at that stage so i could continue working while they processed my app?

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
HAILMANU said:
Hi,

Im in canada at the moment, registered for EE got 535 points. If I get called for ITA but my work permit expires in the mean time would i be elligable to apply for a bridge permit at that stage so i could continue working while they processed my app?
This is one of the eligibility requirement for a bridging open work permit:
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
flystanny said:
Hello Briandg,

I need help please. I have a BSC in Accounting , plus a professional certificate (ACCA) which is the awarded by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants UK. However there is a Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) between ACCA and CGA Canada (Certified General Accountants). I have applied to CGA and will be getting the certificate in a few days time. So my question is this. Does the certificate from CGA qualify for points under the requirement of a "Certificate issued by a Canadian territory"?

Is there anyone in my same situation? I plan to include it because it adds a whooping 50 points to my CRS score.
Hello flystanny,
I am not in the same situation, however, my opinion is that you will not get the 50 as this is reserved for trades people. One the other hand, I have read on another thread where a forum member wrote that his/her ACCA certification was assessed by WES as being equivalent to a "3 years Canadian Bachelors" (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/acca-wes-assessed-as-3-years-equivalent-t218092.0.html) If this holds true, and you get the evaluation done and get the same result, then you could possibly earn more points in the following CRS categories:
1. Level of education
2. Skills Transferability Factors -- Education (if you haven't already maxed out the 100 points)

Good luck!!!!

Atulrx235

May 18, 2015
Industrial Pharmacist

Hello,

I am Industrial pharmacist. completed my Master of Pharmaceutical Analysis (M.Pharm) and I have 8 years of experience as Quality Assurance in Pharmaceutical Industries. Can anyone please clarify me the below mentioned points:

1) Whether I need my education assessment required from PEBC?
2) My wife has completed Bachelor of Arts, she is dependent with me. Whether her education assessment is required for getting CRC points for Express entry?

Regards,
Atul

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Re: Industrial Pharmacist

Atulrx235 said:
Hello,

I am Industrial pharmacist. completed my Master of Pharmaceutical Analysis (M.Pharm) and I have 8 years of experience as Quality Assurance in Pharmaceutical Industries. Can anyone please clarify me the below mentioned points:

1) Whether I need my education assessment required from PEBC?
2) My wife has completed Bachelor of Arts, she is dependent with me. Whether her education assessment is required for getting CRC points for Express entry?

Regards,
Atul
If you are applying as a pharmacist (NOC 3131):

if you need a license to practice (for example, providing patient care in a community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, long term care facility or other practice settings) the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) must do your ECA,

if you are in a position where you do not need a license (organizations such as the pharmaceutical industry and government which require a pharmacy degree because of the education or skill set, but may not require a licence to practice pharmacy), you can have your credentials assed by one of the other designated ECA organizations. Contact the regulatory authority in the province where you plan to live to find out if you need a licence to practice your intended occupation.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

2. It is not mandatory to do an ECA for your wife, however, in order to claim CRS points, an ECA Is necessary.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Hopefully_PR

May 13, 2015
briandg said:

Hi Briandg and everyone here,

I have four years work experience from back home TA\ RA (4012) then I was promoted after getting the Master's degree to a lecturer (4012) and I have one year experience as lecture. Now I am PhD student in Canada. While filling the profile, I got a question about the primary occupation. I'm wondering which one to write TA\ RA (4012) or lecturer (4011)?
Thanks

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Hi

I tried creating my profile for express entry but received a message that i am ineligible.

My CELPIP score is 9+ - i took the exam in Dec '14. Hev 5+ years of experience in HR. I am applying under FSW category but i have less than one year of experience in Canada. My husband has 2 year educational qualification in canada with CELPIP score of 7+. Our eductaional qualification is certified by WES and my husband has more than 2 degrees. Total funds to bring to canada is $50K

What could be wrong.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Guys what to do after we use the Come to Canada tool and we get the reference No.It should direct us to the MY CIC account but we get the option to use GC Key or banking partner information.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
fpaikar said:
Guys what to do after we use the Come to Canada tool and we get the reference No.It should direct us to the MY CIC account but we get the option to use GC Key or banking partner information.
u need to login thru gc key to get in to ur my cic acct

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Hi

I tried creating my profile for express entry but received a message that i am ineligible.

My CELPIP score is 9+ - i took the exam in Dec '14. Hev 5+ years of experience in HR. I am applying under FSW category but i have less than one year of experience in Canada. My husband has 2 year educational qualification in canada with CELPIP score of 7+. Our eductaional qualification is certified by WES and my husband has more than 2 degrees. Total funds to bring to canada is $50K

What could be wrong.

Sycanada

May 1, 2015
briandg said:
briandg, I have a question about creating my EE profile. I am married and have a child. Can I create my profile without including my spouse? The simple reason for doing so is that I get 449 score without including my wife. If I include my wife, my EE score would be decreased to 423. Is it legal for me to submit my application without including my wife even though I am married?

alvirahuda

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Dear All I asked my previous employer where i worked for 4 yrs in general banking back office, it is a multinational bank, and they provided me JD within there prescribed format and mentioned 3 points where CIC is not going to understand my tasks as many technical terms has been used.

Now what shouild i do, should i req them to provide me something that mentions my task lists? Wht if they ignores to provide.

My noc is 6235 i think. Wht should i do, pls suggest?