+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any pre-test RQ recipient still waiting for test invite from Scarborough CIC?

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Hi there - Any pre-test RQ recipient still waiting for test invite from Scarborough CIC office? I applied in Oct 2014 and was given a RQ in Jan 2015. Its been a year and I am still waiting for a test invite? Anyone out there who received a pre-test RQ and still waiting for a test invite? I have seen several people on the forum who had applied with me and got pre-test RQs and are done with oaths a long time back. Received my 2nd ATIP and its shows nothing in progress and the application is not even assigned to anyone. Calls to MP have resulted in standard answer - yours is a non-routine case, Please wait!

Anyone else in the same boat?

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
Hi There -

I am a pre test RQ recipient and git my test letter this week. I have been asked to come for a test at Scarborough office on Tuesday 26 January 2016.

My timelines are:

Applied : Dec 2014
AOR: Feb 2015
RQ Received: Mar 2015
Test Invite: Jan 2016

My RQ was due to excessive travel (31 trips outside Canada)and not having all travel records available.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
babiah said:
Hi There -

I am a pre test RQ recipient and git my test letter this week. I have been asked to come for a test at Scarborough office on Tuesday 26 January 2016.

My timelines are:

Applied : Dec 2014
AOR: Feb 2015
RQ Received: Mar 2015
Test Invite: Jan 2016

My RQ was due to excessive travel (31 trips outside Canada)and not having all travel records available.
Thanks for your response babiah and congratulations for the test invite. Did you do anything recently that could have potentially triggered this(perhaps calling MP, requesting ATIP) or maybe things took their own course. Good luck for the test and hope you get the citizenship soon.

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
Hi Canadavasi

I did order my travel record from both US and Canadian authorities back in Jun 2014. I didn't even bother looking at them because they were substantially delayed. I let things happen and honestly speaking was not expecting test letter to arrive that soon. Now fingers crossed for the interview as I did not send all documents with RQ. I made several day trips to USA on top of the 31 steps mentioned below and have no record for them (don't remember dates).

I hope I am able to satisfy the officer and get an Oath soon after the test.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
babiah said:
Hi Canadavasi

I did order my travel record from both US and Canadian authorities back in Jun 2014. I didn't even bother looking at them because they were substantially delayed. I let things happen and honestly speaking was not expecting test letter to arrive that soon. Now fingers crossed for the interview as I did not send all documents with RQ. I made several day trips to USA on top of the 31 steps mentioned below and have no record for them (don't remember dates).

I hope I am able to satisfy the officer and get an Oath soon after the test.
ok good luck and hoping you get your oath soon. Please let us know how the interview went. Thanks

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
canadavasi said:
Hi there - Any pre-test RQ recipient still waiting for test invite from Scarborough CIC office? I applied in Oct 2014 and was given a RQ in Jan 2015. Its been a year and I am still waiting for a test invite? Anyone out there who received a pre-test RQ and still waiting for a test invite? I have seen several people on the forum who had applied with me and got pre-test RQs and are done with oaths a long time back. Received my 2nd ATIP and its shows nothing in progress and the application is not even assigned to anyone. Calls to MP have resulted in standard answer - yours is a non-routine case, Please wait!

Anyone else in the same boat?
You might have noticed, there are two major reasons for your application to be treated as Non-routine,

1) Less than required number of days
2) Excessive Overseas travel (Which CIC suspects as applicant in NOT physically living in Canada).

What does you ATIP reports show the total number of your physical days present in Canada. Does it show less than 1095 days ?

If so, take a bitter pill, voluntarily withdraw your application. After a week or so, re-apply to have it resolved quickly than wait for ever.

As you know, non routine applications does not have any time frame, they take anything over 36 months and then get assigned to the Citizenship Judge. Who basically gives you the reason why application cannot be approved unless you accompany with a highly paid attorney to take a risk of improve the chances, yet NO guarantee.

If you are eligible under the new rules, instead of paying high fee to attorney and take another risky gamble, pay the lesser fee for new application. You would get $100 back from your withdrawn application. At least you assured you get Citizenship in max 8 months.

I have undergone this mental torture and dont want anybody to go through the same ordeal. Its hard, bitter but the best option now.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Canadiandesi2006 said:
You might have noticed, there are two major reasons for your application to be treated as Non-routine,

1) Less than required number of days
2) Excessive Overseas travel (Which CIC suspects as applicant in NOT physically living in Canada).

What does you ATIP reports show the total number of your physical days present in Canada. Does it show less than 1095 days ?

If so, take a bitter pill, voluntarily withdraw your application. After a week or so, re-apply to have it resolved quickly than wait for ever.

As you know, non routine applications does not have any time frame, they take anything over 36 months and then get assigned to the Citizenship Judge. Who basically gives you the reason why application cannot be approved unless you accompany with a highly paid attorney to take a risk of improve the chances, yet NO guarantee.

If you are eligible under the new rules, instead of paying high fee to attorney and take another risky gamble, pay the lesser fee for new application. You would get $100 back from your withdrawn application. At least you assured you get Citizenship in max 8 months.

I have undergone this mental torture and dont want anybody to go through the same ordeal. Its hard, bitter but the best option now.
Thanks Canadiandesi2006, My ATIP shows 1099 days for physical presence. I do have a lot of travel and also got a Travel Document(since I had to travel for work as soon as I landed as a PR and didn't wait for the PR card to arrive). My colleague who travelled more than me didn't get a RQ and got his citizenship in less than 6 months.

I am eligible to apply under the new rule in a few months and still debating whether to withdraw the current application and apply again since I haven't even received a test invite yet. My only concern is what if I get a RQ again if I apply again under the new rules(assuming Travel document was the reason I got RQ the first time).

Anyone who come across this thread in future, to get more information on TRAVEL DOCUMENT, my humble advice: DON'T GO FOR IT UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED IT AS IN A DO OR DIE SITUATION!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
canadavasi said:
Thanks Canadiandesi2006, My ATIP shows 1099 days for physical presence. I do have a lot of travel and also got a Travel Document(since I had to travel for work as soon as I landed as a PR and didn't wait for the PR card to arrive). My colleague who travelled more than me didn't get a RQ and got his citizenship in less than 6 months.

I am eligible to apply under the new rule in a few months and still debating whether to withdraw the current application and apply again since I haven't even received a test invite yet. My only concern is what if I get a RQ again if I apply again under the new rules(assuming Travel document was the reason I got RQ the first time).

Anyone who come across this thread in future, to get more information on TRAVEL DOCUMENT, my humble advice: DON'T GO FOR IT UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED IT AS IN A DO OR DIE SITUATION!
Well, if you have the required number of days, a hurdle has been cleared, though it with narrow margin. Perhaps now their concern is your excessive travel history which they might want you to clarify.

No harm in getting travel history records from CBSA and match it with your own record. If any variance, keep ready some explanation.

Per CIC's own admission, each case is different. Perhaps there are many undeclared factors that differentiate each application and their processing times, such as candidate's names, country of origin and visits to certain countries.....you know what I mean. :D

Since you have some more time to be eligible under the new Citizenship rule, you have to wait it out & hope you get before that.

However, if you decide to apply under the new rule......DONT apply with just 1460 days., wait for 1,500 days or more to apply.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Well, if you have the required number of days, a hurdle has been cleared, though it with narrow margin. Perhaps now their concern is your excessive travel history which they might want you to clarify.

No harm in getting travel history records from CBSA and match it with your own record. If any variance, keep ready some explanation.

Per CIC's own admission, each case is different. Perhaps there many undeclared factors that differentiate each application and their processing times, such as candidate's names, country of origin and visits to certain countries.....you know what I mean. :D

Since you have some more time to be eligible under the new Citizenship rule, you have to wait it out & hope you get before that.

However, if you decide to apply under the new rule......DONT apply with just 1460 days., wait for 1,500 days or more to apply.

Yep, you are absolutely right. I have verified my travel details with CBSA and have a very valid reason for applying with 1099 days - ONLY if I get a chance to speak to a CIC officer when I can explain my situation. Hopefully I get my invite soon, Thanks for all your help Canadiandesi2006, it is much appreciated.

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
I applied with 1109 days of Physical Presence. I may have a few day trips missing but even then I am safe with 14 days above the requirement. I guess the best strategy is to wait and let things take their time

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Order ATIP reports every month... You will need those reports as evidence if you decide to take them to the court.