+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any possibility for teaching jobs in colleges and universities?

shivamjawahar

Dec 6, 2018
I have PhD in computer science n looking to migrate to Canada. Is there any possibility for getting job in colleges or university?
Thanks in advance

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
I have PhD in computer science n looking to migrate to Canada. Is there any possibility for getting job in colleges or university?
Thanks in advance
You have to get offer or job letter from particular college/university by contacting them. Also consult an immigration lawyer or agent.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
College/university recruits foreign professors?
Depends on what research you have done and if/how much you have published? Have you taught before? Basically a university teacher is basically a researcher who often has to teach. Getting teachers in the sciences can sometimes be difficult so there is a better chance versus the arts or humanities but in general getting a teaching job at a college or university is difficult for foreign students. If you went to a well known school that a Canadian university would know about your chances improve.

shivamjawahar

Dec 6, 2018
My research area is data mining and bioinformatics. Around 10yrs teaching experience in colleges. Have published research papers in reputed journals.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should really be looking for advertisements for open positions. Canada doesn't have a huge number of schools so there are only so many positions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm residing in India. Possible to watch advertisements through online?
Yes although pretty sure the jobs get posted internally. I would also be contacting schools and department who do research in the same areas. Why not look for work in the private sector? That would likely be much easier to find. I assume you are under 40 because age becomes an issue with immigration to Canada. I would suggest you do some research.

shivamjawahar

Dec 6, 2018
Yes although pretty sure the jobs get posted internally. I would also be contacting schools and department who do research in the same areas. Why not look for work in the private sector? That would likely be much easier to find. I assume you are under 40 because age becomes an issue with immigration to Canada. I would suggest you do some research.
What do you mean by private sector? All college/ university comes under Canadian government.