+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Other Name: Supporting Document

vikita

Aug 31, 2018
Hi Members
I am in a peculiar situation.
I and my spouse have used all our life one name and one surname which is there on all our documents(Passport, Visa, Degrees etc.)
Due to some issues or lets say marital bliss, we had our marriage certificate where my wife's surname was changed to my surname(thats the only document with that new surname for my wife) (Concern 1)
Icing on the cake, Our certificate was in local language, and that my prior employer got translated and certified in english and this translation has my Name mis-spelled(Concern 2)

Now as I will be adding this marriage certificate with certified translation with Concern 1 & 2, I decided to Add that "Yes, we use other Name" and provided those wrong name in the space. (this seems like a least risky option and easily fixable one, correct me if I am wrong)
(The 3 solutions which I could come up was,
1. Get marriage certificate amended, get it translated and certified
2. Get all our document amended
3. Submit marriage certificate as is, and declare that I use the name mentioned in marriage certificate)

Now all I need to do is to attach some sort of LOE or Legal name change document, which I am not quite sure, what it is and how do I get that? Do you guys suggest me any other least risky and quick alternative?