Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
Any opinion with our case
Hi All,

Need help if our papers good enough or need more stuff:
Here’s our background:
Sponsor: Canadian husband (age 53)
Sponsored spouse: wife from Philippines (age 27)
No kids, both single at time of marriage
Legally married
Different religion ,but we both respect each other belief
Sponsor with full time job now but last 5 months been EI waiting for call back
Meet (facebook )online : June 2013
He Unfriend me oct 2013 just couple of days then he send request again
Officially in relationship : Nov 2013
Propose: dec 2013
Broke up jan 2014 just couple of days , then together again
1st visit in the Philippines for 2 weeks Nov 2014. No close friends/family able to meet him. All my family live southern part didn’t bother to invite them to visit manila, since it’s our first meet not sure what will be the outcome. Just want to spend more time to know him first in person. Plus it cost a lot too
2nd meet in Hk for 2 weeks and the same time got married.(civil wedding) Jan 2016. With only two witnesses a friend of my roommate who’s resident in HK, no close family/close friends attend our wedding. Can’t afford to bring any member of our family.
Just today, my husband talked to a consultant to know if our case good enough. She said it will take a year or 2 years and it will more likely we will call for an interview.
She said to my husband provide and explain all why weren’t able to meet any from our family. (which I prepared already )And gather letter from his family to tell how they know about me, even I was just able to talk to them via facetime. Show that they’re in my friend list too.

I want also any opinion from you guys here that encounter similar case like us. What you think will the officer scrutinize more. What are things we need to provide/prepare? We will submit our application by June after getting my renewed passport using my husband name and do upfront. My husband will visit me this nov-dec not sure yet depends if he get time off from his work , to meet my parents , I will definitely mention this, or me will try again to get TRV again to meet his family coz there is immigration barriers tho.

My husband and I decided not to have a representative , since the available lawyer there handle more cases immigration issue with Chinese national not Philippines , and seems that consultant my husband talked with not really familiar with. Upon reading again guides for Philippines , I noticed my husband need to provide declaration for severance of common law. Since he's been in common law since 1990 till 2012 but my husband can't remember exact date. Any one familiar with this, if it's ok to mention only year not exact date, when it's started and end.

Documents to submit:
Forms and requirements
Sponsor
1. Photocopy of Canadian Passport

2. Photocopy of marriage certificate

3. Original print out of Option C (tax return)

4. Proof of Income (Notice of assessment)- can my husband get NOa and option C printout , I read option c alone would be enough ?

Sponsored
1. Photocopy of Identity and civil status documents
• Birth Certificate (I may add my transcript of record )
• Advisory of marriage
• PSA Authenticated Report of marriage

2. Photocopy of Philippine passport

3. Proof of relationship (see Proof of relationship folder)
1. Photos
• Wedding Photos -15-25photos
• January 11-24, 2016 (Hong Kong trip) 100-150photos
• November 19-December 3, 2014 (Manila, Phils. first visit) 50-100photos

2. Facebook messages (2013-2016) 100-200pages

3. IMessages (2015-2016) 100pages

4. Facetime (2014-2016) 20-30pages

5. Facebook status (2013-2016) 50-100pages

6. Remittances (2013-2016) almost every month

7. Wedding ring Receipt and processing fee

8. Gift receipt/cards

9. Dining receipt and Disneyland tour (Hong Kong trip)

10. Hotel booking confirmation (Hong Kong trip)

11. Itinerary (Hong Kong trip)

12. Passport stamp –Philippine visit

13. Engagement ring receipt

14. Philhealth status update-MDR beneficiary update

15. Sun life insurance policy status update –beneficiary update

16. Letter from his family (Mom, bro and son)

3. Originals of police certificates and clearances (NBI)

4. Proof of medical examination (Upfront)

Thanks for any advise or opinion

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with the representative. Given how little time you've spent together and the difference in ages, I would be expecting longer processing times and an interview if you apply now.

You may want to consider holding off applying until he's had the opportunity to visit you again and meet your family - and until you have applied for a TRV to see if you are approved to visit him in Canada.

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
Red flags that immediately pop up for me are differences of age and religion. And the short time of 1 month from official relationship to his proposal online I assume without face to face meeting.

He proposed on December 2013 and you got married in January 2016. That's over 2 years relationship with 4 weeks of actual face to face time. I see you have lots of communication and photo evidence. It's good but don't overlook the quality. Make sure your communication evidences don't leave too huge a gap in your timeline and if it does be prepared to answer why.

Photos usually you don't need to provide much as long it covers the important events and have family and friend members in there.

no engagement?

AG317

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-12-2015 Re-Done 23-03-2017
Passport Req..
31-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2017
LANDED..........
20-04-017
I agree with the comment above. I think it would be smart if you guys can visit each other a few more times, meet friends and families before submiting your application. Trust me, that will go a long way

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
Hi,

thank you for sharing your thought with regard to our situation. actually i also want that he visit me first around july or august but he doesn't like hot weather here need to wait till winter time there. and for me, i want to submit our application first then i can apply for trv once we receive sponsor approval then i can wait there till PR done but of course i will demonstrate visit only for weeks. thats why we can only spend together for 2 weeks coz of work. its a long wait at least our papers moving once we submit it not just waiting till we can visit each other family. isn't will be issue if we gonna wait a year or more before we can submit our papers?, it seems the reason why we want to meet family coz of this application.

appreciate a lot any respond :)

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
actually, we even plan for him to just visit me here once a month even it cost a lot, if he gets a camp job which is 20/10 but he didn't get that job. if only he can work and live here , would be nice but can't. anyway. how about to let that representative look at our papers, to see every single details. coz my husband just talked to consultant i didn't send yet our papers so he can submit there. and also to double check maybe.

can ask question regarding form 1344, question number one, if we gonna check proceed does it mean we can make an appeal if it refused?.

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately there's a very good chance CIC will refuse your TRV since they know you have plans on remaining in Canada long term. Your chances of being approved for the TRV will actually be lower once the PR application is received. That's why we are advising you to try now.

As for when you submit your application, again, given how little time you've spent together to date, it would really be a good idea to visit each other again before applying. Keep in mind that the TRV will most likely be refused and you most likely will not be able to come to Canada until your PR visa is approved. This is why we are encouraging you to visit each other at least one more time before submitting your application. As of now, I think you would definitely be looking at an interview which would significantly extend your application processing time.

But of course what you do is ultimately your choice.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
scylla said:
I agree with the representative. Given how little time you've spent together and the difference in ages, I would be expecting longer processing times and an interview if you apply now.

You may want to consider holding off applying until he's had the opportunity to visit you again and meet your family - and until you have applied for a TRV to see if you are approved to visit him in Canada.
that consultant said to provide letter from his family and from my friends which my husband met from his first visit and also from our witnesses coz we had dinner after our wedding. and she said we should mention how compatible we our, like how we socialize together. but she didn't said not to submit yet till we can meet each other family.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
scylla said:
Unfortunately there's a very good chance CIC will refuse your TRV since they know you have plans on remaining in Canada long term. Your chances of being approved for the TRV will actually be lower once the PR application is received. That's why we are advising you to try now.

As for when you submit your application, again, given how little time you've spent together to date, it would really be a good idea to visit each other again before applying. Keep in mind that the TRV will most likely be refused and you most likely will not be able to come to Canada until your PR visa is approved. This is why we are encouraging you to visit each other at least one more time before submitting your application. As of now, I think you would definitely be looking at an interview which would significantly extend your application processing time.

But of course what you do is ultimately your choice.
I already applied before around May 2015 for trv but it was refused for Employment status and personal asset.and its only 2 weeks visit just to meet his family there. i dont have any plan to stay long term for TRv, I Read some they able to get trv after sponsor approval. not sure how it works then. my husband said, if interview comes up longer after we submit our papers ,he still gonna visit me here by dec..isnt will give me low chances if i apply now not showing we didnt submit our papers yet, ?

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
Alidykeman said:
I already applied before around May 2015 for trv but it was refused for Employment status and personal asset.and its only 2 weeks visit just to meet his family there. i dont have any plan to stay long term for TRv, I Read some they able to get trv after sponsor approval. not sure how it works then. my husband said, if interview comes up longer after we submit our papers ,he still gonna visit me here by dec..isnt will give me low chances if i apply now not showing we didnt submit our papers yet, ?
There are some exceptions when people do get TRV after applying for PR but mind you most of those applicants has strong application and they did get TRV before as well. Since you already got refused once for TRV so there's a chance you might not get it. Even if you apply now for your spousal, make sure you update your visa office time to time by sending additional documents which proves the genuineness of your marriage.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Alidykeman said:
can ask question regarding form 1344, question number one, if we gonna check proceed does it mean we can make an appeal if it refused?.
Check 'do not proceed'. If you check 'proceed' when the sponsor is not eligible to sponsor you, your application will be processed and then rejected - wasting time and money. It is better to get the application back right away, see what the problem was, fix it, then reapply.
If there is no problem with the sponsor, having checked 'do not proceed' will make no difference to the application. If the sponsor is accepted, the processing of the application will continue, and if it is rejected, you can still appeal.
The only reason a sponsor should check 'proceed' is if he or she knows there is a reason the sponsor will be rejected, and wants to use humanitarian and compassionate considerations to appeal the sponsor's rejection. This does not apply in your case.

You do not have to wait to apply until the sponsor has visited you again. There is no requirement that you do so. People are suggesting you wait because you and your sponsor have not spent much time together, and there are other red flags. In cases like this, a stronger application (one made after another visit) may result in shorter waiting times than an application made right now.
However, if you wait until after a visit in December, the visa officer might wonder why you waited so long to apply. I would strongly suggest your sponsor visit you soon - even if he hates hot weather - and then apply after that.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
canadianwoman said:
Check 'do not proceed'. If you check 'proceed' when the sponsor is not eligible to sponsor you, your application will be processed and then rejected - wasting time and money. It is better to get the application back right away, see what the problem was, fix it, then reapply.
If there is no problem with the sponsor, having checked 'do not proceed' will make no difference to the application. If the sponsor is accepted, the processing of the application will continue, and if it is rejected, you can still appeal.
The only reason a sponsor should check 'proceed' is if he or she knows there is a reason the sponsor will be rejected, and wants to use humanitarian and compassionate considerations to appeal the sponsor's rejection. This does not apply in your case.

You do not have to wait to apply until the sponsor has visited you again. There is no requirement that you do so. People are suggesting you wait because you and your sponsor have not spent much time together, and there are other red flags. In cases like this, a stronger application (one made after another visit) may result in shorter waiting times than an application made right now.
However, if you wait until after a visit in December, the visa officer might wonder why you waited so long to apply. I would strongly suggest your sponsor visit you soon - even if he hates hot weather - and then apply after that.
Hi,

thanks a lot , appreciate it! we will check "do not proceed" then.
there are other factors he can't visit me early than dec. he just started his full time job, although he is allow only 10 days vacation per year same with me, i can only leave from work 2 weeks, thats why we don't have this longer time to be together even we wanted so much. and my husband said even he will visit me here early there still interview prob, but if interview comes up next year he will still visit me dec.as much as possible we will provide reasonable explanation tho.

any idea regarding declaration of severance of common law?

thank you

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
I also asked opinion from other site, the same thing she said, holding off our application till we have solid evidence like photos , with family or spend more time together. we will prob just hold our application then.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi there,

The following thread may help you to understand how you would gather sufficient relationship proofs and justify a very strong relationship with your spouse before submitting your application:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-interview-questionaires-experience-preparations-t220698.0.html

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
Hasan9999 said:
Hi there,

The following thread may help you to understand how you would gather sufficient relationship proofs and justify a very strong relationship with your spouse before submitting your application:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-interview-questionaires-experience-preparations-t220698.0.html

Hi,

yes, i'm following that thread too. some with immigration issue, or quick/divorce marriage etc. the only missing from our application we don't have pictures together with family or close friends and we spent time together for short period of time. although i included explanation why we don't have it, and regarding our differences.
our plan for now, to travel together by sept but its only for 2 weeks then he will visit me here by dec. then we can submit our papers from here. we will be prob expecting interview regarding our age but if we have enough evidence to show age doesn't really matter at all. we do have lots of sweet photos together but only two of us none with family.it just weren't aware we have too. oh well, more time to prepare then. eventually we will live together as a normal couple.