+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ANY ONE WAITNG FOR THE VISA FROM BUFFALO.PLEASE SHARE EXPERIENCE!

anjali18

Dec 29, 2011
ANY ONE WHO IS WAITING FOR THERE VISAS FROM BUFFALO. PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE. THIS WAY WE CAN KNOW WHAT EXACTLY IS GOING ON IN THE BUFFALO OFFICE AND HOW IS IT WORKING! :)

chezkie31

Apr 10, 2012
im waiting also for my visa that i apply in buffalo i want to go home for some problem how many days do i wait for my visa

anjali18

Dec 29, 2011
HEY HI.. WHN DID U APPLY.. SAME IS MY CASE I NEED TO GO URGENTLY AND I HAVE APPLIED .. WAITING FOR IT .. DONT KNOW HOW MUCH TIME WILL T TAKE..WAT DATE U APPLIED.?

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
HI guys,

I AM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT MY RE ENTRY VISA APPLICATIONS VIA FORT ERIE TO BUFFALO.All I know the processing time takes 14-20 working days.
My case was, I send all my DOCUMENTS except original passport and working permit (due to lack of my knowledge) MARCH 14,2012 via express post.But it returned to me (also have a returned express envelope along with my documents in it ) APRIL 3,2012 with the note telling me "I DID NOT SUBMIT MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT".So the next day which is APRIL 4,2012 I send it back again with my PASSPORT.Since I book my flight already APRIL 20,2012 now I am so worried to death if it's gonna make it on my flight!!!!!!I have only 6 days left and that would be on friday. :'(I sent an email expressing my situation, also stated my client ID NUMBER and FULL NAME last thursday,so far no luck yet for the reply.

The reason why I take risked to send it back to FORT ERIE although I have only 12 working days left because a friend of mine who has the same case got her RE ENTRY VISA a week after she sent it back.Her case was, she sent the NOT VALIDATED form.She did really convince me to send it back right away coz they will send it back a week or so.She said, If I can't have it Friday (yesterday APRIL 3,2012)it should come MONDAY o the APRIL 16th.
I tried to call, explained but it's the call centre who said they can't answer me with my problem and I have to check the website.
I keep praying guys, and crossing my fingers to have it early next week or I AM GONNA BE IN TROUBLE with my flight schedule on 20th!!!!!
I will update as soon as I receive it.
But please do share if you have an experience like mine,really appreciate it.THANKS A LOT!

anjali18

Dec 29, 2011
hey hi.. i also have a situation where my flight is booked on 21st .. i send my visa on the 3rd of April and they received on 4th of April.. i need the visa and waiting desperately for it.. the buffalo people don tell the actual status of ur visa.. i am worried too.. fingers crossed! hope to receive it next week.. lets see what happens..

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
Hi there,
Follow update for my applications of RE ENTRY VISA.I have a little hope that I will have my passport back by tommorow or wenesday since I am scheduled to fly April 20th,2012 in 1:30 am.

There was no answer with my emails so I tried to check the status of money order I bought in Post office paid to CANADA CONSULATE GENERAL for a single visa $75.I called 18005630444 and ask if the money order has been cashed (also stating my serial number,the issue date and the payee name,full name,birthday and my adress) so yes it's been cashed APRIL 13,2012.
My TIMELINE:
Documents sent: March 14,2012
Received Via For Erie: March 16,2012
Returned to me : April 3,2012 (I did not submit my original passport due to lack of knowledge)
Total time including saturdays and sundays 21 days
Second attempt
Sent: April 4,2012
Received: April 5,2012
Money order Cashed: April 13,2012
So far my update,as of today my tracking number didn't show up yet online.
My flight is due on April 20th,2012 in 1:30 in the morning.
Crossing my fingers tomorrow or wenesday due to the fact that they cashed my money order alreay.
Any update of yours guys?

anjali18

Dec 29, 2011
HEY, AFTER READING YOUR POST I CHECKED WITH MY BANK .. MY DRAFT WAS CASHED ON 11TH OF APRIL , 2012 . BUT THERE IS NO STATUS OF THE TRACKING NO. HOPING TO GET IT THIS WEEK.. DONT KNOW WATS GONNA HAPPEN.. CURIOUS TOO! ???

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi miles19,

You may be cutting it too thin - here is my timeline:

Application Sent: 23 March 2012
Xpresspost Received at Fort Erie PO: 26 March 2012
Checked Bank Draft: Encashed 4 April 2012
Xpresspost (Return) Received at Fort Erie PO: 11 April 2012
Received my Visa and PP: 13 April 2012
Visa date of issue: 5 April 2012

===========

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
Hey there Ragluf,
Yes if I have sent my original passport the first time,it only takes 21 days including saturdays and sundays.But because I have a friend that has the same case as mine,she convinced me to send everything back the day after my package applications was returned to me which I did.In here case in only takes a week to have her passport back.
I assumed, when yo send your package applications it takes 2-3 days through express post although the post office always said it's only 2 business days.I am saying this because the first time I sent was March 14,2012,they received March 16,2012 so total of 3 days.And the second time I sent April 4,2012 and received april 5 a total of two days. :)
The cheque encashed it might be depend when they open your applications and started process right away.So it varies there,really.
I just called the post office for my money order (April 13,2012-encash) and that's when I know the exact date was encashed.
If it was encashed then it's all ok,they should be aware that like for example in my case I have booked my flight on the 20th of APRIL in 1:30 am.
I have no idea really if they care about it but,FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!
So that's all I'm saying if you imply that my timeline given was not the same as yours,well sweety, sometimes it has not to be the same thing all the time!!!! ;)
Have a good one....

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi miles19,

No disrespect intended, Sent my timeline for comparison so you can at least gauge the time it takes in comparison especially the delivery and return dates. I made the observation that given your flight date - the time is quite short. Still makeable.

IMHO, the total time depends on when, how and where you sent the application (assuming a complete one). Note in my timeline, I sent it to the Fort Erie PO, from which they collect it and bring it to the Buffalo VO. Assuming 1 day for the transfer - the total delivery time is 3 days via express post (2 days to Fort Erie, assume 1 day to VO and no weekends). If you sent it to the Fort Erie PO, then your tracking only shows the number of days to Fort Erie, not to Buffalo VO. That is why I assume 1 day for the transfer from Fort Erie to Buffalo VO.
When the BD has been encashed, then you would know that at the minimum, they have processed your application and a visa may have been issued. Then the return of the passport. From encashment to collecting your passport for return back to you - from the feedback of those who applied before - it takes anywhere from 4-7 days based on their timeline. I do hope they see that your return flight is this week so Buffalo VO can expedite it (did you put a copy of your flight itinerary?)
If you have put in a xpressport return from Fort Erie back to your address, then tracking does not include transfer back from Buffalo VO to Fort Erie. You will only see tracking once the package is processed at Fort Erie. Allow 1 day for this. Then 2 days from Fort Erie to your address (makes it 3 days).

You mentioned that processing time is 14-20 days. Based on the feedback of others that also applied at Buffalo (see the other forums and their timeline) that is usually the average. I got mine also within that average time.

Track your return this afternoon - usually the web is updated after 5:00pm, hopefully you will see it has changed. Then hopefully 2 days from Fort Erie so as your passport arrives in time. I hope for the best for you that you get your visa. Fingers crossed....

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
Hi Ragluf,
I'm sorry I think I mis understood you.Yes,thank for the heads up,I am still hoping that in two days time I would have my passport back.Take care and GOD BLESS!!

anjali18

Dec 29, 2011
ragluf said:
hi miles19,

You may be cutting it too thin - here is my timeline:

Application Sent: 23 March 2012
Xpresspost Received at Fort Erie PO: 26 March 2012
Checked Bank Draft: Encashed 4 April 2012
Xpresspost (Return) Received at Fort Erie PO: 11 April 2012
Received my Visa and PP: 13 April 2012
Visa date of issue: 5 April 2012

===========
HEY HI.. I ALSO HAVE THIS CASE.. MY FLIGHT IS OF 21ST APRIL.. MY DRAFT WAS CASHED ON 11TH OF APRIL.. I AM EXPECTING THE VISA SOON.. CAN YOU TELL ME IF I WILL GET ANY MAIL FROM THE BUFFALO OFFICE ONCE THEY ISSUE ME VISA OR SEND MY PASSPORT.. I HAD SEND NORMAL EXPRESS POST ENVELOPE.. DO YOU THINK I HAVE ANY CHANCE..?

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
Hi there again guys,
I would like to give some update for you today with my RE ENTRY VISA.If you remember me posted few days ago till now and almost have a heart attack at the very young age with the situation waiting in the dark with a passport to arrive.Since there is no way you can contact BUFFALO even you send tons of emails to get an update, for sure so many sleepless nights you suffer wondering what you gonna do without a passport in time with your scheduled flight,right?If you mailed by express post and also send a return express post envelope it's better.So what I did at first when I started worrying about it,I called the post office to check whether my money order I bought paid to CANADA CONSULATE GENERAL was already encash.And yes it was, the next thing, I check my tracking number after a few days nothing still comes out online.When you see on the top of your tracking number there is a number 1888 550 6333.From today APRIL 17,2012 my flight sched is 2 days away so the feeling is very stressful!!!! :mad:......So I called the number telling the staff, I am waiting for a return envelope from the FORT ERIE.Normally, they ask you your postal code and the adress!!!!Guess what, 188 550 6333 number will give you an update first than you check your tracking number online.They are ahead at least 12 hours away than the CANADA POST online.They won't tell you when exactly it will arrive to you or what time it was mailed in but at least you're at peace knowing that it's there coming in 24-48 hours.
Here's my TIMELINE again.
Sent to FORT ERIE: April 4,2012
Received Fort ERIE: April 5,2012
Money order Encashed: April 13,2012
Mailed out: Today-tracking number not shown in the computer yet-This info through 1888 550 6333 CANADA POST number.
It should be here by tomorrow or thursday APRIL 20th,2012.
Thank God,it could make it on my flight!!!!!

P.S
This is my second time mailing (the first one, it was returned because I did not sent my original passport) so I assumed it's a little bit faster due to my flight schedule.It is only 9-10 days not icluding saturdays sundays and easter friday!!!!
Goodluck to the rest of you.
Once again,
MILES from Newmarket,Ontario.