+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one waiting for passport request after an interview??

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Hello Every1,

Any1 of you have had an interview recently and waiting for a passport request for nearly 2 month and so. I had my interview in 1st week of may and since then waiting for an email for a passport. I did my medical a day after my interview. Any one give me an idea like what to do as it is driving me mad now?? I am applying through London and its a spouse visa . how long does it take your medical to be reviewed by an IO normally ?. any inputs are much appreciated.

universalmoe

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2009
File Transfer...
04-11-2009
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
20-06-2010
Passport Req..
13-07-2010
Hi, we are also awaiting passport request after having the interview last week. I am hoping for something soon...this process has already taken 9 months and I'm hoping it doesn't take another two months.
By the way, have you emailed them to find out the status? Also, you might want to order CAIPS notes so you can see whether the new medical has been entered into the system as well as the bring forward date on your file (BF date). I believe most of the delays are caused by the 'queuing system' used for processing files, in that once a file is looked at on a certain day and nothing more can be done ON THAT DAY, it gets put into the queue again with a BF date 90 days down the line. So, the good news for you is that you probably don't have to wait longer than a month, if indeed everything else is ok on your file.

Best of luck...and stay positive. This is the last stage in the process and soon this will all be behind you, and you'll be enjoying your immigration-application-free life :)

Sometimes I wonder what I'd think about after the application gets accepted...since it's all I think about 24/7 at the moment :)

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
hi dude thanks for your encouraging reply.

yes i did email but no reply which made me even more concerned. which office you are going through and did IO ask to you to do a new medical at interview ?

universalmoe

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2009
File Transfer...
04-11-2009
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
20-06-2010
Passport Req..
13-07-2010
He just mentioned that the medical had expired, but my wife had already done a new medical a month earlier knowing it was expiring...he said he didn't see the new one in the system yet but that he would email us within a week to let us know if it arrived (it's been more than a week now).

London office...

kolibri

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-12-2009
Interview........
09-06-2010
Passport Req..
17-06-2010 (rec'd 05-07-10)
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010 (rec'd 16-07-10)
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
Hi, we also waiting and waiting and waiting :( soon it will be a month after interview. I called CIC they told me that sent a letter to us; have not received it yet...
So we are waiting and waiting and waiting………

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
universalmoe,

Did u recently email cic about an update ? i emailed them twice for an update but there is no reply. the problem is not only when they will ask for a passport but that weather they have received the medical or not ? cos it is very common for them to loose documents like this.. :-[

universalmoe

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2009
File Transfer...
04-11-2009
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
20-06-2010
Passport Req..
13-07-2010
Yes we did email but as with your case, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a response. Best thing is to order caips notes to check whether the new medical is on file.

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
I came across this on CIC London's website:

"For permanent resident applications, it normally takes 3 months after our medical office receives the medical examination results from the Designated Medical Practitioner before we will contact you regarding the next stage of your application. This is true only if you have already complied with our other requests (e.g. to submit other documents).

If you would like to check when our medical office received your medical examination results, contact your Designated Medical Practitioner to get the tracking number for the delivery. Check the delivery company’s website or phone them to confirm the date of the delivery.

For complicated cases or where additional medical information is required, the processing time for your medical assessment will be longer. You will be notified by our medical office if further medical information is required. The length of the delay will depend on the nature of the medical condition being investigated. Your Designated Medical Practitioner can explain further.

This office will not respond to case status enquiries within the processing times above. If you have not heard from us within these processing times, you can submit an enquiry for a case status update. Include:

the name of the Designated Medical Practitioner you visited,
the date of the medical exam,
the tracking number of the package containing your medical examination results (contact your Designated Medical Practitioner for this information),
the date that the delivery company delivered the package (contact the delivery company for this information),
your full name and date of birth, and
your application file number.

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
That's ridiculously long waiting time man. I thought it was 8 weeks, they must have changed it recently. Thanks a lot man for sharing it to us, atleast i know i am still waithin the processing time.... :p

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Syedd, since you've been through this, what are your thoughts:

My husband's interview is scheduled for August 10, 2010 and his medical expires September 14, 2010....When should he schedule for his second medical???? end of august? after his 1st one expires???? your thought would be great

ps. how was the interview like? how long? what type of questions :)?

universalmoe

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2009
File Transfer...
04-11-2009
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
20-06-2010
Passport Req..
13-07-2010
Syedd - has e-cas changed to 'decision made' for you? I just noticed it had changed for me.

nncs, if you search interview in this forum, you'll see the types of questions that can come up, but generally, I'd say you carefully review your application to see if there are any areas that might raise red flags for the IO and just gather all the necessary support in terms of continuing contact with sponsor. I know in my case it seemed to really help that I was present with my wife when the IO came to get her for the interview. It also helped calm her down :)

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Hi NNCS,

well my interview went pretty kewl. there were two IO's sitting opposite me. they both were very nice and kind to me. as soon as i grabbed my chair one of them said your application is successful and all we need to do is some administrative things. the other IO was looking at my documents and typing something on a computer. then he turned back to me and said how do you know your wife and why you visited USA. Despite of requesting so many documents by an interview email, none of them asked me for any document or any proof of continuous contact with my spouse. They probably already decided my application. there were few questions about my latest job and stuff which he was writing on my application form and also my new address. Finally i asked him few things for info like when i need to arrive in canada and how pr thing works. during an interview he mentioned few times that my application was accepted and ready for a visa. they returned all my documents except forms and advised me to do a new medical and a police certificate. he said he will send me an email for a medical request in two weeks but i told him that i had already book a medical appointment which was very next day. he said that's great you have saved ur time and we will ask for your passport in 4 to 6 weeks. i said thanks and that's bout it.

now rest of the story you know very well.

as for your re-do medical, i would suggest you to wait till interview as it will be valid at that time. sometime io issue you a visa for three months at his discretionary in cases like this. In most of the cases medical gets expired at the time of interview. so people don't hesitate to get a new one done but in your case either wait or email cic to get an advise like one of my firend did.

Thanks and good luck but prepare yourself for an interview as every case is different and so is IO.

Syed

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
hey universalmoe,

that's a great news. Mine have not changed yet.. when did u do ur last medical ?

universalmoe

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2009
File Transfer...
04-11-2009
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
20-06-2010
Passport Req..
13-07-2010
Regarding the medical: if your medical expires within one month or less of your upcoming interview, I would recommend that you re-do your medical as soon as possible. I really don't see any advantage to waiting until the interview, as it takes quite a while for the medical to be assessed and entered into the system (based on what I'm reading on the CIC London website). If you wait to re-do it, you are just lengthening your processing time.

syedd, my wife re-did her medical on 11-May-2010, and it was sent to CIC London on 13-May-2010. Hope you hear something positive soon...

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
universalmoe, so happy for you!!!!! congrats and thanks for all your input.

syedd, yours should be coming soon too! thanks for the detail about the interview

I am just praying, hoping, and praying some more that background checks are done by the time of his interview. I hope, i hope i hope!!!!!!!! I hope they were sent right when they started processing. If he's approved at the interview, his background checks are clear and done, I will gladly wait another 2-3 months for his new medical...at least i would in my own peace of mind!