+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ANY ONE !! having info about work permit... please help me out.

Mesha

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
Hi.......

1 year study permit will only give one year work permit.

is there any option to extend work permit?

if any what is that??

please help me out...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you want to continue working, your employer will have to submit a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) and this request will have to be approved by Human Resources Canada. As part of submitting the LMO, your employer will have to prove that they advertised the job and were unable to find a Canadian or PR to fill the role. If the LMO is approved, you can then apply for a Closed Work Permit which will allow you to continue working.

Hope this helps.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
If you want to continue working, your employer will have to submit a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) and this request will have to be approved by Human Resources Canada. As part of submitting the LMO, your employer will have to prove that they advertised the job and were unable to find a Canadian or PR to fill the role. If the LMO is approved, you can then apply for a Closed Work Permit which will allow you to continue working.

Hope this helps.
Considering current economic situation in Canada, its unlikely to have favourable LMO !

Mesha

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
Dear scylla,

Thank you for giving valuable information.

i guess very few chances are there... because, ofcourse employer can get PR person to work for them..

it is difficult task.

what do you say?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mesha said:
Dear scylla,

Thank you for giving valuable information.

i guess very few chances are there... because, ofcourse employer can get PR person to work for them..

it is difficult task.

what do you say?
don't be so negative ! Chances are there for skilled jobs. As an International Student,you do not need LMO atleast for the duration of your Post Graduate Work Permit. Once you have permanent job offer (during PGWP), you can apply for PNP. What I want to say, that instead of being negative, you should better take advantage of Post Graduate Work Permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
enfield said:
don't be so negative ! Chances are there for skilled jobs. As an International Student,you do not need LMO atleast for the duration of your Post Graduate Work Permit. Once you have permanent job offer (during PGWP), you can apply for PNP. What I want to say, that instead of being negative, you should better take advantage of Post Graduate Work Permit.
Great advice!