+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one applied for Canadian TRV from Australia as permanent Resident?

AFC339

Jul 26, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am permanent resident of Australia ( got permanent residence status in September 2017) but moved to Australia in April. I started working from the very first day I moved to Australia (basic salary 100k AUD per annum). I am Pakistani passport holder.
I have previously travelled to :
1) Turkey
2) Qatar
3) Srilanka
4) Spain , Italy , France ( schengen visa got through italian embassy)
5) UAE
6) Saudi
7) South Africa

My visa for USA was rejected two times in 2015 (not showing strong ties).

My question is, is there anyone who has gone through the same situation? What are chances of getting the visa ? I tried to find previous experiences from people but could not find any useful information.
Please advise.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I am permanent resident of Australia ( got permanent residence status in September 2017) but moved to Australia in April. I started working from the very first day I moved to Australia (basic salary 100k AUD per annum). I am Pakistani passport holder.
1) Turkey
2) Qatar
3) Srilanka
5) UAE
6) Saudi
7) South Africa

My question is, is there anyone who has gone through the same situation? What are chances of getting the visa ? I tried to find previous experiences from people but could not find any useful information.
Please advise.
IMO, it won't help to find/hope for someone else who has a similar visa application profile like yourself. Each case is unique.

Do go through this forum for suggestions to prepare your application. You can then post specific questions if you have any

AFC339

Jul 26, 2015
IMO, it won't help to find/hope for someone else who has a similar visa application profile like yourself. Each case is unique.

Do go through this forum for suggestions to prepare your application. You can then post specific questions if you have any
Thanks for your response. you are absolutely right every case is unique.
I do not want to get rejected. That is why I want to make sure, is only having job with handsome salary is enough to show strong ties with Australia.
More,over visa officers are human beings, they can be biased. For example for USA visas , I applied for a company sponsored training (i provided sponsorship letter , receipt for the training fee. etc) and I know my intention was to return back to my job.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks for your response. you are absolutely right every case is unique.
I do not want to get rejected. That is why I want to make sure, is only having job with handsome salary is enough to show strong ties with Australia.
More,over visa officers are human beings, they can be biased. For example for USA visas , I applied for a company sponsored training (i provided sponsorship letter , receipt for the training fee. etc) and I know my intention was to return back to my job.
In my own personal observation, applicants in third countries (such as yourself, even with permanent resident status) may find it more difficult to get a Canadian TRV.
Your two US refusals may also factor into the decision. You’ll have to declare and explain the reasons for refusal.
Maybe the job will help, maybe the fact you’ve been in Australia for one year will help. I don’t think you’ll be a guaranteed approval, maybe about a 50% chance IMO if only because of the two first factors I stated.

GTec

Mar 2, 2019
Hi Everyone,

1) Turkey
2) Qatar
3) Srilanka
5) UAE
6) Saudi
7) South Africa

Please advise.

Did you get the visa?