+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any nigerian or ghanaian student applying for study permit for fall 2017?

seandragz

Feb 2, 2017
i have paid for the application fee before they issued me the admission letter. I am asking whether you paid part or whole of tuition fee before applying for your study permit?
Most Unis/colleges in Canada requires you make some kind of deposit( which is a percentage of your full tuition fees) before being issued with an admission letter. I guess that's what @nessacanada meant..

Pearlie

May 31, 2017
Ghana
Please I need help especially from my Ghanaian and Nigerian hustlers doing masters in Canada.
First i'm going to graduate with a bsc.(hons) agribusiness management with a 62.5 cwa (second class upper division) from KNUST(Ghana)-can anyone help me with the gpa/percentage equivalent of that in canada.
Also i'm scared that my cwa is quite low, can you guys suggest a list of universities with affordable fees I can take masters where I can get in easily and access scholarships easily.
Also can you guys help me as to how I can survive in canada, paying all my expenses and fees without any financial support while doing part time jobs.
Please i'll love and appreciate all tips, bits and suggestions.
Thank you.

Pearlie

May 31, 2017
Ghana
Guys please help a sister. I'm a Ghanaian and my parents own a house(5 bedrooms) which contains my name and name of my siblings. Thinking of using that as proof of return to Ghana. However, Ghana property paper issues....can anyone help me with how and which company can get our property the right and original documents which can be presented to cic(i'm in kumasi).
Thank you.

Playcold

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Guys please help a sister. I'm a Ghanaian and my parents own a house(5 bedrooms) which contains my name and name of my siblings. Thinking of using that as proof of return to Ghana. However, Ghana property paper issues....can anyone help me with how and which company can get our property the right and original documents which can be presented to cic(i'm in kumasi).
Thank you.
I think i may be able to help you out, contact me in my inbox, i ll give you a number to link up with someone at adum. He did a similar thing for me.

Playcold

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Please I need help especially from my Ghanaian and Nigerian hustlers doing masters in Canada.
First i'm going to graduate with a bsc.(hons) agribusiness management with a 62.5 cwa (second class upper division) from KNUST(Ghana)-can anyone help me with the gpa/percentage equivalent of that in canada.
Also i'm scared that my cwa is quite low, can you guys suggest a list of universities with affordable fees I can take masters where I can get in easily and access scholarships easily.
Also can you guys help me as to how I can survive in canada, paying all my expenses and fees without any financial support while doing part time jobs.
Thank you.
First-of i think your grade is ok, leave the rest for the school calculate since the scale is @ the back of your transcript i believe . With regards to cheaper schools i think your program of choice will determine, i think U of Memorial , manitoba, victoria , Dalhousie etc

http://www.study-domain.com/list-of-low-tuition-universities-in-canada-for-international-students-with-fees-ranging-from-5000-to-10000/#

You can check that link for more.

Working part time is just 20 hours a week as a student , that aint much.

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
i have paid for the application fee before they issued me the admission letter. I am asking whether you paid part or whole of tuition fee before applying for your study permit?
I paid part of the tuition to the school before applying.

worshipper

Nov 1, 2016
I am not sure if i can answer all your questions but from what I have read, they usually ask for a CV if you have been out of school for a long time I believe. With the police cert, we all had to submit it so i think its general. About the delivery thing, I can't tell....maybe the hospital could help you out with the bill? Since they have to keep patients records for a long time. What ever you were doing after school, put it in your CV even if it was being a home maker taking care of your kids. Maybe in your letter of explanation you can explain why you have never worked if you graduated a long time ago. All the best.

So after all the nervous headache following submission of my cv ,police certificate ,school certificates and hospital bill payment I got a request after 3 days of submitting to go for medicals.
But they then request to advise if I wrote English Aptitude test. I did not write ielts and I informed the school so they conducted online video English dialogue with me and also sent me questions from a comprehension to answer and to write a summary.
Now I have two friends who just got there student visa ,one wrote ielts while the other did not write and she informed them accordingly . At this point I am at cross road on what to say .
Any help ?

worshipper

Nov 1, 2016
So after all the nervous headache following submission of my cv ,police certificate ,school certificates and hospital bill payment I got a request after 3 days of submitting to go for medicals.
But they then request to advise if I wrote English Aptitude test. I did not write ielts and I informed the school so they conducted online video English dialogue with me and also sent me questions from a comprehension to answer and to write a summary.
Now I have two friends who just got there student visa ,one wrote ielts while the other did not write and she informed them accordingly . At this point I am at cross road on what to say .
Any help ?

worshipper

Nov 1, 2016
Thank you.
If you have you documents complete ,register with WES so they will do credential assessment and give your true standing in relation to Canada equivalency.

moregist

Jun 16, 2017
Dear All, pls I have a B.Sc in Elect/Elect engineering 2006 in a Nigerian university and I have been working in Telecom sector since 2008 till date. I just applied for a 2 year diploma in NAIT, Canada for Electrical Engineering few days ago, pls I need your candid advice if it will be easy to get Visa after getting admission from this school, Thanks.

seandragz

Feb 2, 2017
Dear All, pls I have a B.Sc in Elect/Elect engineering 2006 in a Nigerian university and I have been working in Telecom sector since 2008 till date. I just applied for a 2 year diploma in NAIT, Canada for Electrical Engineering few days ago, pls I need your candid advice if it will be easy to get Visa after getting admission from this school, Thanks.
You have a BSc Elect. and you are applying for a Diploma? Why not MSc or Postgrad Diploma? Unless you submit a very strong SOP to justify this decision.

Reactions: moregist

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Any help ?
i read if you get a medicals request, it means they most likely will approve your visa, provided you pass the medicals....did cic request an english exam or ask if you have english exam results? sorry but i dont get that part..