+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any news from Montreal VO recently?

JanieLiu

Aug 1, 2019
I received AOR last June as an FSW-inland applicant. I heard many who received AOR at almost the same time got their PPR or landing interview email since the beginning of February.
I only received a ghost update last Saturday. I am not sure what the visa officer has updated. Could it be they started my security screening (which I worry about), or started scheduling my landing interview with the landing office in Ottawa where I am?

JanieLiu

Aug 1, 2019
I received the landing interview email instead of a passport request shortly after this post.. does anyone know as an inland applicant what procedure the interview takes? Do I need to hand over my passport during the interview and wait for them to give me the visa stamp?

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I received the landing interview email instead of a passport request shortly after this post.. does anyone know as an inland applicant what procedure the interview takes? Do I need to hand over my passport during the interview and wait for them to give me the visa stamp?
Congratulations!
I just received GU 2 days ago. Waiting for good news.
Did you get a pre-arrival letter before DM?

JanieLiu

Aug 1, 2019
Congratulations!
I just received GU 2 days ago. Waiting for good news.
Did you get a pre-arrival letter before DM?
Congrats to you too! It seems your application has gone through a rather long battle.
In my case, I received two GUs before receiving the landing interview DM, but the interview was later cancelled due to Covid. In early May I received COPR directly as an inland applicant, which announced the PR status. I mailed my photo immediately and still have not gotten the PR card yet.

Last edited:

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Congrats to you too! It seems your application has gone through a rather long battle.
In my case, I received two GUs before receiving the landing interview DM, but the interview was later cancelled due to Covid. In early May I received COPR directly as an inland applicant, which announced the PR status. I mailed my photo immediately and still have not gotten the PR card yet.
Lucky you!
My case was 2 month over the due date now. Even though I got GU I am still upset. I don't have the pre-arrival letter. Do you know if every one get pre-arrival letter before DM?
Thank you.

JanieLiu

Aug 1, 2019
Lucky you!
My case was 2 month over the due date now. Even though I got GU I am still upset. I don't have the pre-arrival letter. Do you know if every one get pre-arrival letter before DM?
Thank you.
By DM do you mean the passport request? Outland applicants and some inland applicants get a passport request and they need to send their passport to Ottawa before receiving the COPR letter (if this is what you mean by pre-arrival letter). Before the passport request, or like in my case the COPR letter directly, it is not likely to receive anything. It is way too normal that the process takes 2-3 months longer than it shows. The average processing time for 2019 cases is 2-3 months overdue. GU is a good sign because someone just processed your case and it will be taking the next move soon. So good news is definitely on the way and just be more patient at the last step.

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
By DM do you mean the passport request? Outland applicants and some inland applicants get a passport request and they need to send their passport to Ottawa before receiving the COPR letter (if this is what you mean by pre-arrival letter). Before the passport request, or like in my case the COPR letter directly, it is not likely to receive anything. It is way too normal that the process takes 2-3 months longer than it shows. The average processing time for 2019 cases is 2-3 months overdue. GU is a good sign because someone just processed your case and it will be taking the next move soon. So good news is definitely on the way and just be more patient at the last step.
Hi Janie,
Thank you for your informations and your gentle words. :)
It's very nice to talk with you here, hope good news is coming next week.
All the best!