+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

any method to increase ielts score.

anisha malhan

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
i have given ielts for 8 times. consistently getting 6.5 in writing.
my overall score is 8.
also tried punjab as test centre.
what should i do to improve it.
my crs is 396. is there any other method to get desired crs.

getgo

Aug 15, 2017
in the writing section, did you try using standard templates available on several IELTS coaching sites?

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
I was in similar condition like you and required 7 in writing. I have used following links to prepare and increase score, especially writing. You can apply the format given in link for writing task. It will definitely increase your score to 7 or above. I was able to cross clb 9 and successfully got my pr this month.
Secondly, according to me bc ielts is more easier and have lenient marking than idp.

For preparation, you can use these effective links.

Writing: ieltsadvantage.com/writing-task-2/ find writing task 1 in same website.

Listening: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cambridge+ielts+listening (Only practice British council listening as these are only up to the mark and will be same in exam)

Speaking: record yourself and listen

Reading: http://ielts-up.com/reading/ielts-reading-practice.html#general

For vocabulary of writing: http://ielts-up.com/writing/ielts-vocabulary-writing.html

Last edited:

casiopiabiswas

Nov 13, 2017
my overall score is 8.
A lot many times it depends on how the teacher evaluates your content. From my experience, it's better to include both negatives & positives of a given situation (on topics where your views are asked). One sided opinion generally results in low scores. Focus more on the question that carries higher marks.
Going through some written contents available online shall help you. All the very best.

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
my overall score is 8.

All depend on your essay structure and flow. I was able to get 7.5 in 5th attemp( 6.5 in first 4).
I was lucky enough to find a real ielts paper marker , she thoroughly explained the flaws in my writing. ( but expensive 50$ ph)

Cramming old essays or sentences Have least effect. I would strongly recommend to consult an ielts teacher.

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
my overall score is 8.
How are you practising for Writing section ? You need to understand how IELTS writing section is graded and use those strategies.

For reference, checkout the articles on Writing at following 2 sites, I used their techniques and scores 7 and 7.5 in writing.

https://www.engvid.com/english-lessons/
http://www.goodluckielts.com/

It would also help if you can go through standard Barron's 1100 word list to build a decent vocabulary. There is a free Android app for that.

the me

Sep 22, 2017
look ieltsliz in google. try to memorize the templates for each question type in task 2. with a lot of practice you should be able to raise your score in the writing part.
good luck

anisha malhan

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
I have consulted an iets teacher already in last two attempts.she is also very surprised after my score as she was also hoping for at least 7.5 according to my performance in class.
One consultant has told me to fill the registration form with some changes like purposes of giving exam and intended country.
Would all these things can effect score
Or any particular test center.
If anybody has some personal experience plz share.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
I have consulted an iets teacher already in last two attempts.she is also very surprised after my score as she was also hoping for at least 7.5 according to my performance in class.
One consultant has told me to fill the registration form with some changes like purposes of giving exam and intended country.
Would all these things can effect score
Or any particular test center.
If anybody has some personal experience plz share.
Give for EoR (Writing section). Hopefully it should increase. What is your bands on the other 3 sections??

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Can you give IELTS in a different city you currently live in? I personally have a bad experience with IELTS markers. I got 7.0 in the first attempt so I ended up paying extra for re-marking it. After an additional 5 weeks of waiting, I got bumped to 8.5 only after they found out I’m a native English Speaker but with a Spanish name. Hence, I’m pretty sure they statistically discriminate people and are not as“unbiased” as they sell themself.

And I am so sorry you have to go through this shit 8 times. I’m sure your hard work will pay off someday. Hopefully soon. Keep it up and don’t get discouraged.

BenW

Feb 17, 2018
8 times is not a joke! Have you tried applying for a remark? Or maybe an essay correction service? Have you checked your topic specific vocabulary?
Maybe this article can help: https://www.ieltspodcast.com/ielts-vocabulary/lexical-resource/
It has plenty of detailed explanations, tips, examples and resources for IELTS Writing practice.
Topic Specific Vocabulary also contains lots of collocations, so you can expect a thorough explanation on what they are and how to use them.

Come on, it's time to nail IELTS this time!

All the best!