+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any March 2020 Applicants on the same page ?

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Submitted my complete Application (SDS, yes I paid a lot of money) on March 2 2020 and the biometrics were updated on 6th March.
Had given my medicals back in Oct 2019 (because I had a different plan) but it was updated only in June 2020.
Had also requested to replace my LOA from Summer to new Fall 2020 doc after deferral.
Received AIP via email on Aug 14 2020 with no trace of it on the GC Key account.

The thing is I came to know about GCMS very late (yeah I know) and will be applying for one to know the status of my application.
Been waiting for an update for the past 7 months and I even stopped checking my GC Key account. The frustration is very real at this point coz some of my friends might be able to travel to Canada from Oct 20th if their DLI is on the approved list. I'm not ashamed to say this but it also makes me very jealous. Despite applying together and my friend getting a rejection and he reapplying, he had his permit approved in less than a week and here I am waiting for 7 months while my parents think I'm good for nothing and have wasted their money.
The frustration of having no way to contact IRCC except for the stupid webform for which they give out generic- pre-written replies is getting the better on me.
I feel so helpless and not everyone can feel me other than those on the same boat.

Anyone in a similar situation.

• Sad
Reactions: Petita

Sep 15, 2020
Didn’t you already get your AIP? Did your friend get the full approval? I applied in July and I got AIP in September. But I’m a returning student, I returned to my home country to apply for new study visa. I didn’t know it took me so long to get the visa. All my personal stuff, electronic devices , money , car are in Canada. I have no access to them. Plus, my significant other is diagnosed with mental illness and he has no relatives in Canada. I’m super super worried about him. I emailed multiple times and sent multiple webforms but I got no replies. I don’t know if this will make you better or not. But we are all on the same boat, probably my situation is even worse than you lol. But let’s just wait and be positive. Every day is a new day.

• Sad
Reactions: Chessie and Petita

jithinjohn323

Jul 12, 2020
Submitted my complete Application (SDS, yes I paid a lot of money) on March 2 2020 and the biometrics were updated on 6th March.
Had given my medicals back in Oct 2019 (because I had a different plan) but it was updated only in June 2020.
Had also requested to replace my LOA from Summer to new Fall 2020 doc after deferral.
Received AIP via email on Aug 14 2020 with no trace of it on the GC Key account.

The thing is I came to know about GCMS very late (yeah I know) and will be applying for one to know the status of my application.
Been waiting for an update for the past 7 months and I even stopped checking my GC Key account. The frustration is very real at this point coz some of my friends might be able to travel to Canada from Oct 20th if their DLI is on the approved list. I'm not ashamed to say this but it also makes me very jealous. Despite applying together and my friend getting a rejection and he reapplying, he had his permit approved in less than a week and here I am waiting for 7 months while my parents think I'm good for nothing and have wasted their money.
The frustration of having no way to contact IRCC except for the stupid webform for which they give out generic- pre-written replies is getting the better on me.
I feel so helpless and not everyone can feel me other than those on the same boat.

No need to be frustrated , many here waiting like you from march onwards .

Reactions: jbdot0941

Petita

Aug 30, 2019

For me, it's a good thing that you received AIP. I believe IRCC is starting to process March applications because I've seen a lot of Feb and March applicants from my home country and the Aug2020 WhatsApp group chat receiving AIPs/full approval/rejections from the past week. I noticed that those who did not get AIP were eventually refused. I am positive that you'll see something in your GCMS notes. :)

Reactions: jbdot0941

Sep 15, 2020
For me, it's a good thing that you received AIP. I believe IRCC is starting to process March applications because I've seen a lot of Feb and March applicants from my home country and the Aug2020 WhatsApp group chat receiving AIPs/full approval/rejections from the past week. I noticed that those who did not get AIP were eventually refused. I am positive that you'll see something in your GCMS notes. :)
So applicants from August got full approval and PPR now?

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Didn’t you already get your AIP? Did your friend get the full approval? I applied in July and I got AIP in September. But I’m a returning student, I returned to my home country to apply for new study visa. I didn’t know it took me so long to get the visa. All my personal stuff, electronic devices , money , car are in Canada. I have no access to them. Plus, my significant other is diagnosed with mental illness and he has no relatives in Canada. I’m super super worried about him. I emailed multiple times and sent multiple webforms but I got no replies. I don’t know if this will make you better or not. But we are all on the same boat, probably my situation is even worse than you lol. But let’s just wait and be positive. Every day is a new day.
Both of us applied at the same time. He even got rejected due to a PP validity issue once but applied again in 2-3 days and got his approval, PPR and got his PP back in less than two weeks. And all of this happened before 18th March so he was always eligible to fly (doesn't have a lab/research tho). And here I'm who applied with him (his first time) still waiting for a decision. I think it's unfair to provide complete applications with AIPs.
Like my father has invested around 33k alone and we can only get the loan amount reimbursed upon showing the visa. The pandemic hit everyone hard
Sorry to hear about your situation, hope it gets better soon.

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Thanks for that.
My IELTS expires in Dec and if I plan to apply again, I'll have to take a leave of absence from my uni and might have to apply for a CAQ again ! And I recently found out that I'm depressed. I just hope the GCMS has some good news

• Sad
Reactions: Petita

Sep 15, 2020
Both of us applied at the same time. He even got rejected due to a PP validity issue once but applied again in 2-3 days and got his approval, PPR and got his PP back in less than two weeks. And all of this happened before 18th March so he was always eligible to fly (doesn't have a lab/research tho). And here I'm who applied with him (his first time) still waiting for a decision. I think it's unfair to provide complete applications with AIPs.
Like my father has invested around 33k alone and we can only get the loan amount reimbursed upon showing the visa. The pandemic hit everyone hard
Sorry to hear about your situation, hope it gets better soon.
Yaaaa IT IS UNFAIR SOMETIMES. I’m also depressed for like a month, now I just give up and have very low expectation. I’m just trying to learn how to appreciate......

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
So applicants from August got full approval and PPR now?
Yes, there were full approvals in my home country (Philippines) recently. Paperbased applications from Feb and March. They did not get AIP, just full straight approval. But I've seen more refusals and AIPs than approvals.

Ishesh

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019

Can feel your pain
I am also waiting since feb.