+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any issue with current address different from address mentioned in Passport ?

prseeker2017

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
My current residential address is different from the one mentioned on my passport. Also I got PCC done using current residential address. My passport has a Visa stamped, expiry date 6 yrs from now and the passport number is used in my EE profile. Should I update the address on my passport to current address ? If I update I will have two passports. IELTS report has the old address passport number. Would this cause any issue Post ITA, like if I'm providing some document and its address should match with Passport. Example for Proof of Funds, should address in Bank statement match with Passport address ?

In fact i'm confused if I should get my passport updated before ITA ?

Can someone help.

Thanks

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My current residential address is different from the one mentioned on my passport. Also I got PCC done using current residential address. My passport has a Visa stamped, expiry date 6 yrs from now and the passport number is used in my EE profile. Should I update the address on my passport to current address ? If I update I will have two passports. IELTS report has the old address passport number. Would this cause any issue Post ITA, like if I'm providing some document and its address should match with Passport. Example for Proof of Funds, should address in Bank statement match with Passport address ?

In fact i'm confused if I should get my passport updated before ITA ?

Can someone help.

Thanks
Actually I am not sure that why would passports have addresses. It could be the policy of a country, and in that case I would recommend to get the updated address on Passport.

Regarding the other issues that in case you have new passport with new number, then your other documents have the old passport number, I would say this is not an issue. All you will have to do is this:
-- Newly issued passport will have the number of old passport mentioned 100%.. It could be second page or the last page but it must have been mentioned. As per CIC requirements you will have to scan biopage, stamps, visas, or any other markings in the passport and you will have this page scanned too. Also scan old passport Biopage + Visa Page.
Lastly, you can always write a couple of lines in Letter of Explanation , that you wanted to update the address in passport so you have requested the new passport. However, preparing for the documents you have used the same passport for IELTS.
For proof of funds, my passport does not have any address attached to it, so the address they wrote was not of a much use. The main thing is that they mentioned my name on the letter, and they are open to verification if they have doubts.

I don't think old/different address could be an issue on bank statement, as you can always prove that you had your previous address as well as current address, and both supported by the passport and your address history (post ITA).

Good luck. Let me know if you need further clarification.

Reactions: prseeker2017

prseeker2017

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually I am not sure that why would passports have addresses. It could be the policy of a country, and in that case I would recommend to get the updated address on Passport.

Regarding the other issues that in case you have new passport with new number, then your other documents have the old passport number, I would say this is not an issue. All you will have to do is this:
-- Newly issued passport will have the number of old passport mentioned 100%.. It could be second page or the last page but it must have been mentioned. As per CIC requirements you will have to scan biopage, stamps, visas, or any other markings in the passport and you will have this page scanned too. Also scan old passport Biopage + Visa Page.
Lastly, you can always write a couple of lines in Letter of Explanation , that you wanted to update the address in passport so you have requested the new passport. However, preparing for the documents you have used the same passport for IELTS.
For proof of funds, my passport does not have any address attached to it, so the address they wrote was not of a much use. The main thing is that they mentioned my name on the letter, and they are open to verification if they have doubts.

I don't think old/different address could be an issue on bank statement, as you can always prove that you had your previous address as well as current address, and both supported by the passport and your address history (post ITA).

Good luck. Let me know if you need further clarification.
Thanks a lot for the timely response.