+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Indian SDS application got PPR in May ..?

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
Hello,
I have applied student visa SDS with SOWP and dependent child on March 1st. We all got medical passed before March 23rd, then no update. I heard IRCC is not giving ppr in India because the vfs closed in India from the mid of May. Is it true ..? Is there any one got ppr recently.?

sowp_canada

Mar 13, 2021
Similar situation to yours, perhaps lagging a bit further behind. We applied on 30th March via SDS with SOWP and dependent child. Medical results have been updated only for study permit applicant and dependent child, SOWP medical results still pending. The CIC website does mention that they have a backlog and hence processing delay, so maybe it's just a matter of time. Regardless, ticket prices are going to be insane once travel opens up.

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
I am a May intake student, this situation driving us crazy because we made lots of arrangements as everyone getting visa during February and even September intake students were getting visa on March. Then our agency said Student with dependent visa will takes time.
Now they are clearing complex applications from mid feb as per cic website. But I am did not hear any one from India got ppr recently ☹

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
I am a May intake student, this situation driving us crazy because we made lots of arrangements as everyone getting visa during February and even September intake students were getting visa on March. Then our agency said Student with dependent visa will takes time.
Now they are clearing complex applications from mid feb as per cic website. But I am did not hear any one from India got ppr recently ☹
Agreed. After BVLs in May, no one got PPR because offices are closed.

Reactions: shinoyvj

sowp_canada

Mar 13, 2021
I am a May intake student, this situation driving us crazy because we made lots of arrangements as everyone getting visa during February and even September intake students were getting visa on March.
Ahh that's tough. I'm Sep 2021 intake so I still have a month or two before I start panicking.

Reactions: shinoyvj

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
Anyone got PPR after June 17th ..? I thought they would start giving at least PPR since it would do no harm to anyone :D
May be we need to wait till 21st because then they start vfs working properly.

Reactions: MHtoAB

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Similar situation to yours, perhaps lagging a bit further behind. We applied on 30th March via SDS with SOWP and dependent child. Medical results have been updated only for study permit applicant and dependent child, SOWP medical results still pending. The CIC website does mention that they have a backlog and hence processing delay, so maybe it's just a matter of time. Regardless, ticket prices are going to be insane once travel opens up.
IRCC creates a mess by holding all final decisions then cry foul for increasing work load. I just don't get it why can't they just work smart and adapt to new working conditions. They can just release the decision already especially the rejected ones so people can plan and reapply. And even if it is PPR borders to countries like UAE is opening soon, so people who can afford can just fly there and get it stamped. It would eventually also ease the burden from Indian VFS as well. I dont see the logic in piling this up.

srka

May 16, 2021
Did medical results get updated for your dependents? Has your SP moved further?
I just finished Biometrics, but my dependents medicals are still not updated.

sowp_canada

Mar 13, 2021
Unfortunately our application was refused. We have reapplied with more information, hopefully we'll be second time lucky.

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
Unfortunately our application was refused. We have reapplied with more information, hopefully we'll be second time lucky.
Sorry to hear that.
BTW What happened ? When does it happen.. what did they say ..?

sowp_canada

Mar 13, 2021
The rejection was based on the study permit; the VO didn't think the study was appropriate based on past work experience and study. My wife shifted career streams some years ago and the proposed course (it's a full time research masters program at SFU) is related to her current interest but we didn't do a good enough job of explaining it. Hopefully with a more detailed SOP and lots of academic references the decision will be different.