+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any idea how is it done

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
I want to know how CiC verify thes documents

Education. If we claim we were full time student in Canada for 2 academic years how would CIC know with just the degree upload and no tracscript.

Divorce. If we upload divorce certificate, how do they verify. Do they have some access to the database of the national institute of every country that grants divorce certificates?

Police Certificates. How do you they verify criminal record? Do they call and ask?

POF. This is very interesting because I asked my bank rep that if Cic ever call them will they disclose this info for which he said they don’t give clients personal details to anyone.

Medical exam. I guess that is a piece of cake for them.

Employment Record. I know they call, email, visit, google search or even check from Facebook and LinkedIn profiles

True that once u have submitted all your info truthfully u shouldn’t be worrying about but I am asking just out of curiosity. Your thoughts

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Your ECA proves it.
For divorce just like banks you're showing official stamped scansm if they question the validity they often ask for a reupload of the same information and of course they have their contacts abroad

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Education. If we claim we were full time student in Canada for 2 academic years how would CIC know with just the degree upload and no tracscript.
They use an agency that verifies educational degrees in Canada.

Divorce. If we upload divorce certificate, how do they verify. Do they have some access to the database of the national institute of every country that grants divorce certificates?
They take your word on that.

Police Certificates. How do you they verify criminal record? Do they call and ask?
They send interpol communication to your country's national police to verify the police certificate and also disclose any arrests, detentions, investigations or charges. They will not approve your PR without a reply from them.

POF. This is very interesting because I asked my bank rep that if Cic ever call them will they disclose this info for which he said they don’t give clients personal details to anyone.
True, they don't release your personal information but they verify it for anyone if they have a statement. IRCC would call and ask to verify name, balance amounts, and deposits/withdrawals related to your payroll. They have to read the information off the printed statement and ask if it is true or incorrect. This is a very common practice all over the world you can ask your landlord about it or you can try this yourself with a friend and see how this is done.

Medical exam. I guess that is a piece of cake for them.
Not really. Not everything is tested so they can't find out you have cancer or that you have kidney stones for example.

Employment Record. I know they call, email, visit, google search or even check from Facebook and LinkedIn profiles
Yes, and they also rely on 3rd party agencies and your payroll statements. Credit checks are performed in countries that have national credit bureaus which also tend to track your employment for loan purposes.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
They use an agency that verifies educational degrees in Canada.

They take your word on that.

They send interpol communication to your country's national police to verify the police certificate and also disclose any arrests, detentions, investigations or charges. They will not approve your PR without a reply from them.

True, they don't release your personal information but they verify it for anyone if they have a statement. IRCC would call and ask to verify name, balance amounts, and deposits/withdrawals related to your payroll. They have to read the information off the printed statement and ask if it is true or incorrect. This is a very common practice all over the world you can ask your landlord about it or you can try this yourself with a friend and see how this is done.

Not really. Not everything is tested so they can't find out you have cancer or that you have kidney stones for example.

Yes, and they also rely on 3rd party agencies and your payroll statements. Credit checks are performed in countries that have national credit bureaus which also tend to track your employment for loan purposes.
all is correct just for medical. So your reports are again checked by Doctor of IRCC. The the reports sent by Doctors are recommended. Then they are again checked by IRCC doctor panel, tats why you hear sometimes people got. mail to do medicals or specific test again

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Except for medicals, eca, ielts they take all other documents at face value and don't verify unless they feel something is amiss.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Except for medicals, eca, ielts they take all other documents at face value and don't verify unless they feel something is amiss.
Hopefully this is a sarcastic post.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
How do you explain processing times that often stretch over years then?
no offence, it also depends upon country of origin.there are countries what they consider as hot region and will go extra mile to check that. No suppose Intelligence sends your country a request. And they fail to reply, this adds delay. You put an employment info, that company cannot be validated that adds delay.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Hopefully this is a sarcastic post.
Nothing is taken at face value... they validate all. Even employment. I used to think the same.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Some countries (Western Europe) are very cooperative in conducting police background checks and institutions there are quick to verify an applicants information whether work, education or else. Their nature of big government makes access to information relatively easy and straight forward as everything is on national databases.

For this reason, applicants from that region enjoy average processing times of just 3 months and you can check this on tracking websites. Usually for them, the IRCC is the cause of any delay should this happen to them.

Jacko007

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
True, they don't release your personal information but they verify it for anyone if they have a statement. IRCC would call and ask to verify name, balance amounts, and deposits/withdrawals related to your payroll. They have to read the information off the printed statement and ask if it is true or incorrect. This is a very common practice all over the world you can ask your landlord about it or you can try this yourself with a friend and see how this is done
This is pure BS. People at any bank would laugh loudly if the person on the other end of the line said 'this is IRCC calling, please give me your client information'.

No wonder people believe such non-sense if they have problem understanding simple cut-off score concept. I repeat: IRCC has no way to confirm their identity, when they're calling your employer, bank, or university. Such a call can be easily spoofed. So do they call? Answer yourself...