+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any hope for 400+ applicant

Sunnyvaswani

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Hi guys,

I used to be a regular reader of this forum to seek updates which can help me in immigration aspirations but since i was counting on Ontario to nominate me because i have score only little above 400 i left visiting this forum for quite some time because Ontario has put stop on sending PTs till November 2016. what are updates now ? should i still hope to get ontario PT in november or they are gonna lift their score threshold ? are any other options open to me ?

Note: i don't have any kind of relationship with Canada, no relative in canada .

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A score in the low 400's is nowhere near enough to get an ITA on its own. You should look at improving your score if possible.

There are rumours that OINP may be increasing the threshold that they require to issue a PT notification of interest up to 450 CRS but nothing has been confirmed. OINP are rumoured to be starting to send out notifications again in November as they'll be getting their allocation for 2017 at that time from CIC. Their official program updates page from May 2016 said that they expect that in 6 months they'll be able to accept applicants for "some streams".

Summary: You have little to no chance of an ITA in the near future with a score around 400. Your only options are PNP or LMIA backed job offer.

think0911

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Sunnyvaswani said:
Hi guys,

I used to be a regular reader of this forum to seek updates which can help me in immigration aspirations but since i was counting on Ontario to nominate me because i have score only little above 400 i left visiting this forum for quite some time because Ontario has put stop on sending PTs till November 2016. what are updates now ? should i still hope to get ontario PT in november or they are gonna lift their score threshold ? are any other options open to me ?

Note: i don't have any kind of relationship with Canada, no relative in canada .
May be after 6 months there is this possibility that ITA will dropped as EE would be the only source to take immigrants once CIC is done with paper based applications which they received before EE
Like Andy said to red "Hope is the best thing" :)

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
Chances very slim. Maybe look for alternative ways-boosting your score by studying in Canada if you can afford.