+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Foreign workers/ COPR planning to return to Canada in April 2020?

madhugk1395

Dec 14, 2017
Hey guys!
I am a Temporary Resident of Canada holding a 3 year work permit. I came to India in february to Visit but i wasn't able to return back to canada as they closed its borders on 18th of March. Now Canada has opened its borders ( as of 26th March) but we have a 21 day lockdown in India. Anyone has flights booked ? Anyone on the same boat ? Do you think flights will operate after lockdown? Please share your thoughts!

P.S - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Personal viewpoint but given international airlines are parking up planes and laying off staff for next couple months then getting any flight in next couple months will be challenging. For airlines to start operating fully again they will need to not only look at origin/destination but also any countries who still have restrictions that make it not viable to operate if for example airspaces are closed.

Add to that airlines have a duty of care to their crews who for example currently are not only exposed mostly with zero protection to a plane full of passengers but when they get to a destination they find themselves either with a simple temp check or as with Dubai until they closed a full COVID swab test . Then they are confined to a hotel room, 24-48 hours is possible, until they leave again which is for their protection as well as the host country but airline crews can only do this for so long.

Also possible that if there are any flights then the cost will likely for a while be significantly more than pre pandemic at least until airlines are back to something resembling a full operation.

Do not forget that until further notice Canada has a mandatory self 14 day isolation for international arrivals, no use public transport, no stopping off on way to accommodation and upto 750k fine or 6 months jail for non compliance. Cannot see this being relaxed for at least a couple of months although the emergency travel orders are valid through end June so who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: madhugk1395